If we are predicting, here is my prediction. RIM stock will be trading at $70+ by Q1 2014. There are some analysts that are predicting $43 but I think they are just trying to 'appear safe' and are afraid of being proven wrong. Most analysts though are predicting very low stock. I am no analyst. But let's see if I beat all these wall street analysts.

Of course, when I say $70+, it means that I am predicting that BB10 will sell far more than expected and hence that'd drive the stock price up.
    11-28-12 10:24 AM
    I got a prediction. I think in 1 year BBs global smartphone marketshare (10+BBOS) will be equal to or greater than iPhone, it will obviously lag the 'free'-ware and I think WP8 will grow marginally but stay in the single digits .

I feel pretty good about that one. Any other predictions? Disagree with it? Agree? Upset by it?

Its funny how there doesnt seem to be much of an attempt to report this but it would be interesting to know market share based on all personal computing devices. Tablets+PCs+Smartphones. Active user device marketshare (not counting devices that have been junked) would be good to know as well.

From time to time, it is usefule to do a prediction checkpoint. There are now exactly four months for this prediction to pan out.
    07-24-13 07:00 AM
    Awesome.... BB dropped to 0.7% US marketshare this quarter so it's not looking good. Still time I guess. BTW, Hurds was open to taking wagers via PM, will the mods let him back in November so he can pay up?
    h20work likes this.
    07-24-13 07:31 AM
    Way to dig up this old fossil. Its worth noting that the OP is banned.

1 year Prediction-1bb22d83a5a6e7e51db43b116310113e_18427.jpg
    07-24-13 07:38 AM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1bb22d83a5a6e7e51db43b116310113e_18427.jpg 
Views:	1096 
Size:	111.9 KB 
ID:	185573
    And by objecting to it, you added to its revival.

How ironic.

P.S. The OP's status bears no relevance as to whether the thread should be responded to. Had it been an issue it would have been deleted.
    rottonj likes this.
    07-24-13 07:49 AM
    Looking like a bad one
    07-24-13 08:19 AM
    Well the good news is that he could become a meteorologist, or a stock analyst. They aren't required to be correct often.
    07-24-13 08:52 AM
    I have a feeling that Hurds is with us. A new name maybe, but still here.
    07-24-13 09:07 AM
    Oh I very much hope so!
    bekkay likes this.
    07-24-13 09:18 AM

Oh I very much hope so!
    Most definitely. Along with the rest of the crew. They're elsewhere congratulating themselves on causing mayhem here.

Literally .

ssssshhhhhh.....Reeneebob and I have a sooper dooper seekret....we're the same person so we use the same iPhone 5 with Tapatalk.....ssssshhhhh.....
    h20work, kevinnugent and bekkay like this.
    07-24-13 09:44 AM
    Well, jeez people... don't stop there...

There's literally thousands of speculative posts that need to be dug up and brought to the attention of the posters and the general Crackberry populace, not to mention drama and hurt feelings that need to be re-aired.

Bonus points if the posters are banned.... Flame ON!
    07-24-13 10:32 AM

There's literally thousands of speculative posts that need to be dug up and brought to the attention of the posters and the general Crackberry populace, not to mention drama and hurt feelings that need to be re-aired.

And you added to the drama by posting. If it offended you, the appropriate thing was to leave it be.

Trust me, the OP is here. Under another name. With his buds.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    kevinnugent likes this.
    07-24-13 10:48 AM
    no no no... you're supposed to slag BlackJack, or whoever else got under everyone else's skin.... that's what this forum is all aboot now, it has nothing to do with phones anymore.

Try again, love.
    07-24-13 10:49 AM
    no no no... you're supposed to slag BlackJack, or whoever else got under everyone else's skin.... that's what this forum is all aboot now, it has nothing to do with phones anymore.

Try again, love.
    Interesting

I hadn't realised that Blackjack has been mentioned until you just did.

ssssshhhhhh.....Reeneebob and I have a sooper dooper seekret....we're the same person so we use the same iPhone 5 with Tapatalk.....ssssshhhhh.....
    07-24-13 11:44 AM
    Looking like a bad one
    I thought it always was one lol
    07-24-13 12:15 PM
    Reading the original post, u just have to laugh.

I had no problems with hurds, but everyone knew it would've taken a miracle and a half for that predictions to pan out
    Toodeurep and bekkay like this.
    07-24-13 12:21 PM

Oh now, it isn't like someone created a parody Twitter account called @HurdsTurds under the name hurds mcturds or anything like that. Geez

What's that you say? Someone did? Oh, carry on.
    kevinnugent and xandermac like this.
    07-24-13 01:06 PM
    Oh now, it isn't like someone created a parody Twitter account called @HurdsTurds under the name hurds mcturds or anything like that. Geez

lol that's fantastic...how did you even find that?
    07-24-13 01:51 PM
    Oh yah
    It's there.
    Some classics.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    07-24-13 03:24 PM
    lol that's fantastic...how did you even find that?
    It was the spawn of a thread and mentioned openly within that thread.

FTR, I was not in favor of the action, it seemed a little much to me. At least he put himself out there, something I couldn't do myself (for several reasons).
    07-24-13 03:31 PM

Look, on page 4 of this thread the OP gave his blessing to dig up this thread:

Definitely standing by this prediction. Please bookmark it all you want. It will be interesting to see where we are at in a year. I could make some prediction like apple will be dead in 10 years (just an example) but that wouldn't be any fun cause non of us will likely be posting here. For those who says its too early to say, well, ya obviously its early, but whats the point in making predictions if you have almost all the info you need to tell if it will come true.
    I know there are thousands of speculative posts but this one is special. Eight months later and I still remember it.
    07-24-13 05:00 PM

FOLLOWED and thank you very much!
    07-24-13 05:33 PM
    Heh, earlier today (before seeing this thread) I was checking out the threads I've started on crackberry.com (I typically don't start many threads; I prefer responding to them) and came across a thread from mid-2012 that I think was a wee bit more accurate than hurd's thread, at least at this point in time:

I'm not sure Blackberry 10 OS will really get RIM back in the game

P.S. The recent edit I made was to convert the original post from 2 paragraphs to 4 paragraphs. The content of that post hasn't changed.
    07-24-13 07:08 PM
    I got a prediction. I think in 1 year BBs global smartphone marketshare (10+BBOS) will be equal to or greater than iPhone, it will obviously lag the 'free'-ware and I think WP8 will grow marginally but stay in the single digits .

I feel pretty good about that one. Any other predictions? Disagree with it? Agree? Upset by it?

Its funny how there doesnt seem to be much of an attempt to report this but it would be interesting to know market share based on all personal computing devices. Tablets+PCs+Smartphones. Active user device marketshare (not counting devices that have been junked) would be good to know as well.
    I love the Internets.
    07-24-13 07:22 PM
    If we are predicting, here is my prediction. RIM stock will be trading at $70+ by Q1 2014. There are some analysts that are predicting $43 but I think they are just trying to 'appear safe' and are afraid of being proven wrong. Most analysts though are predicting very low stock. I am no analyst. But let's see if I beat all these wall street analysts.

Of course, when I say $70+, it means that I am predicting that BB10 will sell far more than expected and hence that'd drive the stock price up.
    This prediction is nearly as good.
    mikeo007, h20work and bekkay like this.
    07-24-13 07:27 PM
237 ... 78910