As some of you know, I work at University Hospital Case Medical Center, Rainbow Babies and Children's Hospital, and the Ireland Cancer Center (all part of University Hospitals of Cleveland). Many of the patients I treat are cancer patients, but too often, these cancer patients are also children. One of the toughest things these childrend have to deal with (having cancer aside) is losing their hair as they go through chemotherapy. Many of them are embarassed to be the only ones in their entire school without any hair.

For that reason, I've joined a fundraiser where I'm not only raising money to help find a cure for cancer, but I'm also going to shave my head completely bald to show these children that there's nothing for them to be embarassed about. If they're going to lose their hair, so will I.

I need your help. Please help me raise as much money as I can to find a cure for cancer by donating whatever you can, and spreading the word to your friends, family, and coworkers. I've set a personal goal of $1,000 but would love to go far beyond with your help. Every little bit helps and is greatly appreciated. If needed, all donations are tax deductible.

Donations can be made by calling 888-899-BALD (2253), by mailing a check to 1443 E Washington Blvd #650, pasadena, CA 91104-2650, or donating online to the St Baldrick's Foundation at St. Baldrick's Foundation - Find A Participant - Shavee Information. If donating by check, please put my name and Shavee ID (Jeremy Tolaro, S-62078) in the memo line and address it to The St Baldrick's Day Foundation. If by phone, just give my Shavee ID to the SBDF rep.

Every donation is appreciated. Even if you can only give $5 or $10, it will help. If we can get 50 or 100 people from this site to donate just $10, we can really put our stamp on this event. Please help with any donation you can afford.

Lastly, I encourage everyone to come to the headshaving event on St Patrick's Day at A.J. Rocco's in downtonw Cleveland (816 Huron Road Cleveland, OH 44115) to support all the volunteers, shavees, shavers, and most importantly, the children with cancer we're trying to help. A.J. Rocco's can be found here between the Panini's on the corner of E 9th and Prospect, and the Winking Lizard near the corner of Prospect and Huron Rd. The headshaving starts at 3pm, but show up early and meet some great people!

Lets show people what the CrackBerry Nation can do.

Sincerely,

Jeremy (Jay) Tolaro
    drjay868
    Last edited by drjay868; 03-16-09 at 05:58 PM.
    03-10-09 03:31 PM
    Hey drjay868 how things going with ur St Baldricks Drive goin? I hope ur cranking in the donations!!

Come people help out the little ones

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-10-09 08:55 PM
    Doing pretty well with the donations from friends, family, and coworkers. Nowhere near my goal, but I guess they're supposed to be difficult to reach. Not to mention this is my first year doing it, so I didn't really have a good idea of what a more realistic goal would be. Either way, I'm just going to keep plugging and chugging away.

As far as CrackBerry is concerned, I've got to say I'm very dissapointed. The only people from CB who have donated are youself, Carol64, and chucky1. Let me thank you again to all 3 of you... THANK YOU.

As far as the rest of you... Please help. If you've got kids who are healthy, thank God, but please help those parents who don't by donating so we can find a cure for cancer.
    Last edited by drjay868; 03-12-09 at 02:38 PM.
    03-12-09 08:10 AM
    BTW, you can donate after St Patrick's Day if you don't have the ability to now.
    03-12-09 02:39 PM
    BTW, you can donate after St Patrick's Day if you don't have the ability to now.
    HI EVERYONE - IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU COULD HELP OUT THE GOOD DOC HERE!!! THESE LITTLE ONES DESERVE IT!
    03-13-09 05:43 PM
    ONLY 3 DAYS TO GO!!!

Also, for anyone in the Cleveland-Akron, Ohio area, I've been asked to shave my head on TV during the Good Company Show on WKYC Channel 3 at 10am. For those that aren't in the area, you can watch it online. I don't know when it will be televised, but I will get more info on it and post it up for everyone.

St. Baldrick's Foundation - Find A Participant - Shavee Information

Please help!!!
    03-14-09 02:26 PM
    Only 2 more days!!! I've even got friends in Baghdad, Iraq supporting our cause. How are you going to help?

03-15-09 06:57 PM
    Ok buddy, I donated. Good luck!
    03-15-09 07:32 PM
    Ok buddy, I donated. Good luck!
    Thank You jdoc77!!!

I do my best to help every patient I take care of, but I joined this cause to go above and beyond what is "expected" of me in my profession. You have just done the same. Thank you.
    03-15-09 10:41 PM
    Less than a day until I shave my head live on Channel 3 WKYC in Cleveland, on the Good Company Show!!

Time's running out, so hurry up and get your donations in to support kids with cancer!

03-16-09 05:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD