03-12-13 11:31 PM
52 123
tools
    Okay today i was patiently waiting for windows 8 and to install it was a great feeling. I want to now if there is anyone who knows how to put windows 8 on playbook... (and please dont tell me it has something to do woth breaking the bootloader that would be a real bummer
    02-29-12 10:24 PM
    Will not happen.

Ever
    02-29-12 10:29 PM
    It has something to do with breaking the bootloader.
    02-29-12 11:00 PM
    Will not happen.

Ever
    Come on dont be so negative man
    02-29-12 11:01 PM
    Really... awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!! RAGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! fine no windows 8 for playbook till someone cracks it then winows 8 aswell
    02-29-12 11:02 PM
    Come on dont be so negative man
    Called being real.

QNX is the only OS that can load on the kernel
    02-29-12 11:09 PM
    Okay today i was patiently waiting for windows 8 and to install it was a great feeling. I want to now if there is anyone who knows how to put windows 8 on playbook... (and please dont tell me it has something to do woth breaking the bootloader that would be a real bummer
    You want windows 8, get a window's 8 tablet.
    digitallure, AVPTI and JasW like this.
    02-29-12 11:13 PM
    Really... awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!! RAGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! fine no windows 8 for playbook till someone cracks it then winows 8 aswell
    Right, you would have to defeat RIM's loader and Microsoft's also.

But why? Wouldn't it be a lot easier to just buy a Windows 8 tablet?
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-29-12 11:16 PM
    This has been asked for pretty much every tablet OS out there the answer is always the same. You have Win 8 installed at home, use Splash Desktop or the RDP app to connect to it. Then you can run Win 8 in one app, and still be able to multitask QNX. Like here: http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...in-705045-new/
    Last edited by Sith_Apprentice; 03-01-12 at 07:16 AM.
    03-01-12 07:11 AM
    At present time this is an impossibility.
    03-01-12 10:04 AM
    Go out and get some Windows 8 stickers, because that's only way you'll get Windows 8 directly onto your PB...
    Last edited by Carbonetics; 03-01-12 at 10:26 PM.
    mkaa00x, jeroen_13, v1rg1l and 1 others like this.
    03-01-12 10:23 PM
    Even if we were to break the bootloader we still won't be able to put Windows 8 on there.

Won't happen on any current device. Sorry.
    03-01-12 10:31 PM
    Or you can drill a couple of holes on your pb. Instant windows.
    bishshoy, Zero-K, v1rg1l and 2 others like this.
    03-02-12 12:08 AM
    Don't be such a downer xsacha, we'll have it by 2213
    (I was wondering how long it would take a thread about this to show up).
    mkaa00x likes this.
    03-02-12 12:08 AM
    Even if we were to break the bootloader we still won't be able to put Windows 8 on there.

Won't happen on any current device. Sorry.
    Really... bummer... sigh and plus everyone that says go buy another tablet... NO! i love playbook yeah!
    03-02-12 12:30 AM
    Buying another tablet won't even help. None of the currently available tablets will be able to run Windows 8. Even if they have a supported chip (eg. Tegra 3) and an unlocked bootloader.
    Microsoft has locked down the boot on ARM.

Unless they release an ARM pre-release, it just won't be possible. It will only ship on OEM tablets and require secure boot.
    03-02-12 08:18 AM
    Lenovo ideapad yoga is the one that will run windows 8. It can be used as a tablet but it is a laptop first.
    03-02-12 08:30 AM
    Buying another tablet won't even help. None of the currently available tablets will be able to run Windows 8. Even if they have a supported chip (eg. Tegra 3) and an unlocked bootloader.
    Microsoft has locked down the boot on ARM.

Unless they release an ARM pre-release, it just won't be possible. It will only ship on OEM tablets and require secure boot.
    Not true. If you want to void your Warranty, you can run Windows 8 on Asus Transformer Prime after doing a Bootloader Unlock. And it does work I currently have 2 friends that have done so. One in the USA ( Texas ) and the other in Ontario, Canada
    03-02-12 08:58 AM
    Why would you want to get rid of an excellent OS in order to replace it with a terminal device which holds everything in the cloud, because that looks like that is what windows 8 does, it's a cloud based software connection with some fancy bits. The same as window phone 7.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    03-02-12 09:33 AM
    Why would you want to get rid of an excellent OS in order to replace it with a terminal device which holds everything in the cloud, because that looks like that is what windows 8 does, it's a cloud based software connection with some fancy bits. The same as window phone 7.
    I personally would't do it either, I love my QnX OS on my Playbook and if I had an android based OS I would prefer that over Windows anyday. Maybe linux would be nice though!
    03-02-12 10:13 AM
    I personally would't do it either, I love my QnX OS on my Playbook and if I had an android based OS I would prefer that over Windows anyday. Maybe linux would be nice though!
    I am concerned where windows is going and have concidered Linux, how would BlackBerry fair in a linux OS.
    Sorry a bit off the op.
    03-02-12 11:40 AM
    download splash top or phone my pc or any other app like that.. then access ur pc through ur playbook using windows 8 on ur PC :P!

best thing I could come up with!!!

just to show u guys... Never say Never ;P
    03-02-12 12:40 PM
    I downloaded the consumer beta of Windows 8 as well. Don't think it would make a good idea to put it on the PB. I am sure that msft has tablets in the works or existing ones that can handle their new-ish OS.

@ILFees - That still doesn't place Windows 8 ON your PlayBook, it just let's you access it via splash. It may happen, but I am not gonna hold my breath.
    03-02-12 01:14 PM
    @Oniberry - ur right.. buts its the next best thing ;P
    03-02-12 01:38 PM
    Ugh, Windows 8, blegh.

Look at Microsofts's history, every other release is basically a failure, and 8 is an "other".

Plus why are people all in the air about Windows 8 for ARM, hasn't MS already said desktop apps won't run on it. And application for x86 doesn't just work for ARM, which means Windows 8 ARM is just another new OS, so what will make developers make their product for it instead of QNX, or Android, or iOS?
    03-02-12 04:07 PM
52 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
";