Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 52
Like Tree25Likes
  1. mkaa00x's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    301 Posts
    Global Posts
    302 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default Windows 8 on Playbook?

    Okay today i was patiently waiting for windows 8 and to install it was a great feeling. I want to now if there is anyone who knows how to put windows 8 on playbook... (and please dont tell me it has something to do woth breaking the bootloader that would be a real bummer
  2. AVPTI's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,693 Posts
    PIN
    Available upon request.
    #2  

    Default

    Will not happen.


    Ever
  3. daves_25's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    179 Posts
    #3  

    Default

    It has something to do with breaking the bootloader.
  4. mkaa00x's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    301 Posts
    Global Posts
    302 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

    Default LOL wut?

    Quote Originally Posted by TW93 View Post
    Will not happen.


    Ever
    Come on dont be so negative man
  5. mkaa00x's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    301 Posts
    Global Posts
    302 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

    Default

    Really... awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!! RAGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! fine no windows 8 for playbook till someone cracks it then winows 8 aswell
  6. AVPTI's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,693 Posts
    PIN
    Available upon request.
    #6  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mkaa00x View Post
    Come on dont be so negative man
    Called being real.

    QNX is the only OS that can load on the kernel
  7. auditman's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    776 Posts
    Global Posts
    805 Global Posts
    #7  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mkaa00x View Post
    Okay today i was patiently waiting for windows 8 and to install it was a great feeling. I want to now if there is anyone who knows how to put windows 8 on playbook... (and please dont tell me it has something to do woth breaking the bootloader that would be a real bummer
    You want windows 8, get a window's 8 tablet.
    digitallure, AVPTI and JasW like this.
  8. app_Developer's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,316 Posts
    #8  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mkaa00x View Post
    Really... awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!! RAGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! fine no windows 8 for playbook till someone cracks it then winows 8 aswell
    Right, you would have to defeat RIM's loader and Microsoft's also.

    But why? Wouldn't it be a lot easier to just buy a Windows 8 tablet?
    kbz1960 likes this.
  9. Sith_Apprentice's Avatar
    Mod Team Emeritus

    Posts
    10,164 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,167 Global Posts
    PIN
    Changes way too often
    #9  

    Default

    This has been asked for pretty much every tablet OS out there the answer is always the same. You have Win 8 installed at home, use Splash Desktop or the RDP app to connect to it. Then you can run Win 8 in one app, and still be able to multitask QNX. Like here: http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...in-705045-new/
    Last edited by Sith_Apprentice; 03-01-12 at 08:16 AM.
  10. elitexero's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    12 Posts
    #10  

    Default

    At present time this is an impossibility.
  11. Carbonetics's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    80 Posts
    #11  

    Default

    Go out and get some Windows 8 stickers, because that's only way you'll get Windows 8 directly onto your PB...
    Last edited by Carbonetics; 03-01-12 at 11:26 PM.
  12. xsacha's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,822 Posts
    #12  

    Default

    Even if we were to break the bootloader we still won't be able to put Windows 8 on there.

    Won't happen on any current device. Sorry.
  13. auditman's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    776 Posts
    Global Posts
    805 Global Posts
    #13  

    Default

    Or you can drill a couple of holes on your pb. Instant windows.
  14. SCrid2000's Avatar

    Posts
    10,624 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,638 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me.
    #14  

    Default

    Don't be such a downer xsacha, we'll have it by 2213
    (I was wondering how long it would take a thread about this to show up).
    mkaa00x likes this.
  15. mkaa00x's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    301 Posts
    Global Posts
    302 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #15  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xsacha View Post
    Even if we were to break the bootloader we still won't be able to put Windows 8 on there.

    Won't happen on any current device. Sorry.
    Really... bummer... sigh and plus everyone that says go buy another tablet... NO! i love playbook yeah!
  16. xsacha's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,822 Posts
    #16  

    Default

    Buying another tablet won't even help. None of the currently available tablets will be able to run Windows 8. Even if they have a supported chip (eg. Tegra 3) and an unlocked bootloader.
    Microsoft has locked down the boot on ARM.

    Unless they release an ARM pre-release, it just won't be possible. It will only ship on OEM tablets and require secure boot.
  17. tbwolf's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    13 Posts
    #17  

    Default

    Lenovo ideapad yoga is the one that will run windows 8. It can be used as a tablet but it is a laptop first.
  18. mhinc's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    262 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,027 Global Posts
    #18  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xsacha View Post
    Buying another tablet won't even help. None of the currently available tablets will be able to run Windows 8. Even if they have a supported chip (eg. Tegra 3) and an unlocked bootloader.
    Microsoft has locked down the boot on ARM.

    Unless they release an ARM pre-release, it just won't be possible. It will only ship on OEM tablets and require secure boot.
    Not true. If you want to void your Warranty, you can run Windows 8 on Asus Transformer Prime after doing a Bootloader Unlock. And it does work I currently have 2 friends that have done so. One in the USA ( Texas ) and the other in Ontario, Canada
  19. daveycrocket's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    748 Posts
    #19  

    Default

    Why would you want to get rid of an excellent OS in order to replace it with a terminal device which holds everything in the cloud, because that looks like that is what windows 8 does, it's a cloud based software connection with some fancy bits. The same as window phone 7.
    kbz1960 likes this.
  20. mhinc's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    262 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,027 Global Posts
    #20  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by daveycrocket View Post
    Why would you want to get rid of an excellent OS in order to replace it with a terminal device which holds everything in the cloud, because that looks like that is what windows 8 does, it's a cloud based software connection with some fancy bits. The same as window phone 7.
    I personally would't do it either, I love my QnX OS on my Playbook and if I had an android based OS I would prefer that over Windows anyday. Maybe linux would be nice though!
  21. daveycrocket's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    748 Posts
    #21  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mhinc View Post
    I personally would't do it either, I love my QnX OS on my Playbook and if I had an android based OS I would prefer that over Windows anyday. Maybe linux would be nice though!
    I am concerned where windows is going and have concidered Linux, how would BlackBerry fair in a linux OS.
    Sorry a bit off the op.
  22. ILFees's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    10 Posts
    #22  

    Default Think outside the box!!!

    download splash top or phone my pc or any other app like that.. then access ur pc through ur playbook using windows 8 on ur PC :P!

    best thing I could come up with!!!

    just to show u guys... Never say Never ;P
  23. OniBerry's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,924 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,122 Global Posts
    PIN
    597674FC
    #23  

    Default

    I downloaded the consumer beta of Windows 8 as well. Don't think it would make a good idea to put it on the PB. I am sure that msft has tablets in the works or existing ones that can handle their new-ish OS.

    @ILFees - That still doesn't place Windows 8 ON your PlayBook, it just let's you access it via splash. It may happen, but I am not gonna hold my breath.
  24. ILFees's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    10 Posts
    #24  

    Default

    @Oniberry - ur right.. buts its the next best thing ;P
  25. Snoman002's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    98 Posts
    #25  

    Default

    Ugh, Windows 8, blegh.

    Look at Microsofts's history, every other release is basically a failure, and 8 is an "other".

    Plus why are people all in the air about Windows 8 for ARM, hasn't MS already said desktop apps won't run on it. And application for x86 doesn't just work for ARM, which means Windows 8 ARM is just another new OS, so what will make developers make their product for it instead of QNX, or Android, or iOS?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions