[solved] Update to OS 10 bricked Playbook to blue wallpaper - How to unbrick?
I updated my Playbook with Dingleberry 3.3.3 to OS 10.0.4.197 which worked fine except that I couldn't install any BB10 apps.
So I tried to update to the more recent 10.0.9.1103 but I only used the "winchester.sdk-10.0.9.1103-nto+armle-v7+signed" in Firmware/Custom
Update went fine but after reboot my Playbook is stuck on a blue wallpaper and apparently bricked.
How do I reset or downgrade the Playbook to a working or previous version?
Some instructions say:
* disconnect and turn off Playbook
* start Desktop Software (using 7.1 b39)
* connect device which automatically turn it on
* update dialog appears -> click Update
=> "There are no Blackberry Tablet OS updates available"
...which makes sense because I'm using the latest. How to downgrade?
Using Dingleberry doesn't work because it says "USB not connected". Help!
Last edited by magit4439; 01-12-2013 at 03:28 PM.
- 01-10-2013, 04:39 PM #2
Yea dingleberry WON'T work because it requires Developer Mode. You will most likely need to flash a PB OS using CFP. Oh and is the blue screen your on say anything about picking a language? The first and only time I tried to run BB10 I got a blue screen and couldn't press anything. It was the language screen.
- CrackBerry Genius
01-11-2013, 02:02 AM #3
- 1,705 Posts
You can use Blackberry Desktop Manager. When it asks, choose 'Update'.
Device was in developer mode before. Don't know which mode it is in now.
The blue screen does nothing, no language selection.
I tried CFP 165 and 190 using:
> cfp -v5 info (as admin)
--> Using USB timeout values.
--> calling BBDevMgr::Advise()
--> Connecting to bootrom.
Connecting to Bootrom:
--> In FindADevice
--> FindADevice: Waiting for attach
*reconnected USB here*
--> raw_DeviceConnect: failure during device filtering (0x80000057)
--> Device Detached
As said in first post Desktop Software believes there is no update available.
Alright, here's what I did:
* With device off and unconnected, I start Desktop Software
* Connect device => PB starts, Desktop Software offers to [retry] [update...] [cancel]
* Without clicking anything, I wait for PB to get to blue screen and then turn it off again (as you said)
* With device off, now I press [update] => "Confirm device repair - ... [repair]" => click [Repair]
* "Reset your device - Press and hold the power button until the device turns off (it's already off?). Then press the power button again to turn it on."
* I turn it on again => Password? => "Please wait..."
* "Checking for BlackBerry Tablet OS - Please wait..." => "An updated version of BlackBerry Tablet OS is available. Do you want to install the update?" [Get update] [Update later] => click [Get update]
* "Updating your BlackBerry Tablet OS can take up to an hour" [Install update] [Cancel] => click [Install update]
* "Updating BlackBerry Tablet OS - Please wait while your BlackBerry Tablet OS is updated. During these steps, do not disconnect your tablet or interrupt this process as it could make your tablet unusable."
...download takes long, but it seems to work now. You're a hero "antiRIM"! Thank you so so much!
Update: it really did work
Last edited by magit4439; 01-12-2013 at 05:08 PM.
- 01-24-2013, 06:07 PM #11
- 01-25-2013, 09:33 AM #13
You extracted the .signed from the 126.96.36.1994 coreOS .bar, CFPed it, and you're still getting blinking lights?
- By tv1919 in forum BlackBerry PlayBook OSReplies: 8Last Post: 03-22-2013, 11:07 PM
- By andrewnprice in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 0Last Post: 11-01-2011, 11:15 PM
- By xTheCanadian in forum BlackBerry Curve 3GReplies: 2Last Post: 04-28-2011, 10:07 AM
- By justjerry in forum Mac UsersReplies: 0Last Post: 03-29-2010, 06:26 PM
- By craig55 in forum Storm OS DiscussionReplies: 3Last Post: 05-16-2009, 10:09 PM