- CrackBerry Newbie
- 2 Posts
tell me if this is possible
when you connect to the internet your playbook searches the rim server for updates to the playbook os would it be possible to trick my playbook into thinking that its connect to rims server when it is conected to my computer and downgrade the os that way
- 01-21-13, 03:03 PM #2
(Simply because the message isn't long enough to post, I'll add an explanation why: Without knowing the PB private key [which as the name suggests, is private, and only RIM have access to it], you could not modify the OS files in any way, meaning the PB would still recognise them as an old version of the OS, and it would therefore not work. There was at a time a process for downgrading using a proxy server in this manner, but that was before RIM started blacklisting OS versions in NVRAM, which is what prevents downgrades now)UberCurrency - Free currency conversion app for PlayBook.
- CrackBerry Genius
01-21-13, 05:08 PM #3
- 3,244 Posts
That, and PB will not take any OS without the fingerprint.dat which was first introduced in 22.214.171.12471. Honestly though, tell me why you would want to downgrade the OS? To root? Rooting doesn't grant you much. You can sideload without it. It gives you access to android market? Sure, but most apps don't work.
- 01-21-13, 08:19 PM #4
- By HNYK in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 18Last Post: 07-19-14, 07:31 AM
- By Jo_795 in forum AndroidReplies: 3Last Post: 06-06-10, 12:49 AM
- By jasonc624 in forum BlackBerry StormReplies: 5Last Post: 12-03-09, 09:01 PM
- By DrewCSchultz in forum Storm OS DiscussionReplies: 22Last Post: 07-11-09, 02:19 PM
- By laprade65 in forum BlackBerry Pearl 81xxReplies: 4Last Post: 08-19-08, 03:42 PM