Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Some Android Apps Not working

I've rooted my playbook using the apache method and it all seems to be working fine expect for some apps. I need the "myhome" control4 app but I also realized the angry birds apps don't work either. When i open the apps I get the message "The application Angry Birds (process.com.rovio.angrybirds) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again"
    I've tried wiping the apps and starting the entire rooting process over again on 2 different playbooks and can't get these two apps to work. I'm using Honeycomb Launcher. Any help would be appreciated even if someone could download the "my home" control 4 app from the market open it and press connect to see if they get the same message it may help.

Thanks in advance
    CrackBerry's Sour Grape

Global Posts
    7,201 Global Posts

only a small percentage of android apps are a direct working model.
    only i would say 25% will work off of Market, the apps you want are part of the 75% that will not work.

Welcome to CrackBerry and feel free to do some research around here on the rooting aspect of the Playbook.
    BIG UP BIG UP, ITS A STICK UP STICK UP
    @Fubaz
    Editor for BerryReview @BerryReview
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Thanks for the reply, can we install android 3.0 yet? If so do you think some that currently don't work may work then? Or how about ice cream sandwich would that make a difference?

Thanks again

Global Posts
    10,460 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me.

No you can't install ICS or Honeycomb (4.0 and 3.0).
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Default what's the highest version of android that will work?

What's the highest version of andrioid that will work on the playbook currently?

Thanks

2.3 gingerbread is the support version of android on the PB.
    ~Matt
    Nexus 5, Z10 LE, White Lumia 521, 32GB Nook HD+ & 16GB PB, 32 GB Dell Venue 8 Pro
    @howarmat
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,074 Global Posts
    PIN
    just ask

and to add to howamat you can't add a higher version or downgrade to a lower version on Android since its embedded into the os.
    Torch 9810 Bridged with 32GB Playbook
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

Thanks for the additional info, what I need to do is get the "my home" by control 4 app functional, it loads fine but when I press the "identify" button it keeps giving me that forced close message. There's a "Test drive" button that works fine so it confirms the app is funcional but for some reason the "identify" button gives that message. If anyone out there doens't mind downloading the app to see if they get the same message I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks again.
    CrackBerry Abuser

If i root my pb them i dont need to convert apk to bar to play android apps on my pb?
    CrackBerry Abuser

@Audible,

Did you ever get Myhome to work on your PlayBook? I've gotten the same results that you posted. About to order my Z10 and hoping it will work on there if not the playbook.

"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel." - Maya Angelou