Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Lee Chadwick
  • 1 Post By Thachoc1
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Sixaxis Controller?

Was wondering if anyone has tried to get anything like this up and running

Dancing Pixel Studios
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,745 Global Posts
    PIN
    me down baby!

need .apk for phone app then it can be converted and tested.
    Nokia ?? -> SE W580i -> BB 8320 -> BB 9800 -> BB Z10 ->Z30
    CrackBerry User

yeah I'd love to see this too.

Everyone,
    Please send your request to Dancing Pixel to develop one for the PlayBook.
    Last edited by arlanda; 01-19-2012 at 01:18 PM.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    PIN
    Ask and ye shall recieve

The APK to BAR process failed. If someone has more experience coding then I do maybe they can fix the one error. Plus I believe the Bluetooth capabilities for the playbook at this moment would limit this.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sixaxis Controller?-untitled.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default just tried it

I got the bar file to work and managed to install it on my playbook but it keeps searching for Bluetooth address so it can give you the address to type into the pair tool on your pc i thought i could work around that by going into Bluetooth settings on my BlackBerry and type the address from there into the pc it paired my controller with this address but it didnt search for it on the playbook as it was still searching for the address i tried this on my phone a while back and i had the same problem until i rooted my phone as i am on the current update of bb os i can not root it as of yet to see if that is the problemSixaxis Controller?-img_00000010.jpgSixaxis Controller?-img_00000008.jpg
    Thanked by:
    thatplaybookguy (02-12-2013) 
    thatplaybookguy likes this.
    CrackBerry Master

Android apps on PB can't access bluetooth (this is shown clearly in the screenshot posted by Thomasrox3), and therefore this app does not and will not work.
    UberCurrency - Free currency conversion app for PlayBook.
    Thanked by:
    thatplaybookguy (02-12-2013) 
    CrackBerry Master

what about the Z10?
    Sent from My Brain to My Fingers to You across the vastness of the internet.

Owner of the First Z10 sold in Canada.
    If you see typos, it's because I didn't post from my Z10.
    Blackberry 10 GTA V Crew thread BB10 crew in effect!!
    CrackBerry Master

Quote Originally Posted by thatplaybookguy View Post
    what about the Z10?
    I have seen no indication that Android apps can access bluetooth on the Z10 either, so I would assume not.

Even if they could access it, there is a good chance the app wouldn't work, given potential differences in bluetooth stack etc. between the PB and Android devices (these sorts of apps don't even work for all Android devices to the best of my knowledge).
    UberCurrency - Free currency conversion app for PlayBook.
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    28B5716B

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chadwick View Post
    I got the bar file to work and managed to install it on my playbook but it keeps searching for Bluetooth address so it can give you the address to type into the pair tool on your pc i thought i could work around that by going into Bluetooth settings on my BlackBerry and type the address from there into the pc it paired my controller with this address but it didnt search for it on the playbook as it was still searching for the address i tried this on my phone a while back and i had the same problem until i rooted my phone as i am on the current update of bb os i can not root it as of yet to see if that is the problemClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000010.jpg 
Views:	482 
Size:	48.3 KB 
ID:	132048Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000008.jpg 
Views:	481 
Size:	23.1 KB 
ID:	132049
    What's your 'Run in Crowd' name?
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,488 Global Posts
    PIN
    PINCH ME!!! My Z30 and Playbook are so great I must be dreaming!!!!

Tested Sixaxis Controller 0.7.4 on 10.2.1.1925, still no dice. Errors out stating device isn't rooted. It won't find the Bluetooth MAC address. Using the device bluetooth MAC does not work either.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Thachoc1 View Post
    Tested Sixaxis Controller 0.7.4 on 10.2.1.1925, still no dice. Errors out stating device isn't rooted. It won't find the Bluetooth MAC address. Using the device bluetooth MAC does not work either.
    step 1: read the thread, it contains the answer to your problem. btw. its not that long.
    step 2: ehm... thats all, step 1 will do!
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,488 Global Posts
    PIN

Quote Originally Posted by Laforma View Post
    step 1: read the thread, it contains the answer to your problem. btw. its not that long.
    step 2: ehm... thats all, step 1 will do!
    Before you try to come off as being a know it all, you should know that I read the entire thread. Now, know this knowledge if I neglected to leave it out. I'm running the latest leaked OS on a BlackBerry Z30. Android apps supporting Bluetooth is now working, the Android Runtime shows as rooted. This thread is/was nearly a year old. Many advancements have been made since this thread was started, so thank you but no thank you for your un-needed rude advice. I'm sharing updated information, i.e. just trying to help out.

Posted via my sexay Z30 running 10.2.1.1925 from the #1 BB10 app CB10 that's running absolutely flawlessly!!!
    Posted from my desk at work via Crackberry.com, because I have nothing else to do since all my BlackBerry Users' Devices are functioning properly.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,488 Global Posts
    PIN

Well its pretty awesome. I found out my Power A gamepad/remote works via USB OTG when connected to my Z30. Heres a vid I made too.

Posted via my sexay Z30 running 10.2.1.1925 from the #1 BB10 app CB10 that's running absolutely flawlessly!!!
    Posted from my desk at work via Crackberry.com, because I have nothing else to do since all my BlackBerry Users' Devices are functioning properly.
    Thanked by:
    sushistew (12-29-2013) 
    sushistew likes this.