Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree2Likes
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    me down baby!

Default Re: Run the latest apps/games on rooted 4869/6149

i have it in my startsh as well and added file to my pb, but no go with new games. (2.0.0.6149)
    Nokia ?? -> SE W580i -> BB 8320 -> BB 9800 -> BB Z10 ->Z30
    CrackBerry Abuser

Is there any update on the procedure required to run latest apps on a rooted PB with 6149 core os?

Presently, have root with 6149 core and 7111 bar files. Google Play installed and working. Autoupdate disabling hack in place.

Cheers!
    CrackBerry Genius

Thread AuthorThread Author   #53  

Procedure hasn't (and never will) change. So no need for an update.
    Developer of PPSSPP, ReQognise, Dingleberry, PB Connect, Sachesi, Sachup + Sachibar and other Qt apps. Porter of many opensource Qt apps.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Oh I must have been mistaken...i thought this was going to be more detailed at a later date and likely wrapped into a forthcoming dingleberry release. i make the hacks listed on page 1...and loaded all the 2.1 app bars over the .6149 core os. I lost use of the browser, as it would not open and notified with an error.

Alright...well I guess i will just stay on .6149 core OS and .7111 app bars.

Cheers!
    CrackBerry Genius

Thread AuthorThread Author   #55  

Well the procedure for linking over new files won't change. You just link files that are required by the app you want to run.
    To run every single app (eg. BBM) you would eventually need to link every single file that has changed.
    I don't plan to do this but I will aim to make a hybrid OS (custom firmware) when my next playbook arrives.
    Developer of PPSSPP, ReQognise, Dingleberry, PB Connect, Sachesi, Sachup + Sachibar and other Qt apps. Porter of many opensource Qt apps.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by xsacha View Post
    I will aim to make a hybrid OS (custom firmware) when my next playbook arrives.
    Thank you, Sir...this would be wonderful if you could share a hybrid that is mostly updated to the latest bar files found in the 2.1 OSs. I remain on root since it does allow my playbook to serve as my streaming media center, and having root allows streaming of flash video from sites that restrict streaming to tablets. Its awesome to have this capability. Thanks for your work and sharing it with the community.

Cheers!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Will it be possible to run BB10 on a playbook that currently enjoys root access? Can a BB10 hybrid be built around a rooted .6149 core OS? Just asking...Cheers!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Hey guys,

i'm running a rooted playbook at 2.0.0.4869 since at least one year. Everything is working great,i installed android and the playstore.
    So my problem is i haven't done any rooting since a long time and can't remember very much. So i trie installing this update for 4 hours and
    have big problems to get access with winscp.
    Current state:

Edit: Don't know why but today it's working...
    will report soon about the update

thank you

serinderum
    Last edited by serinderum; 02-26-2013 at 04:35 AM.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123