Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes
    CrackBerry Master

No it's not possible to downgrade.

As for what to do; I think the procedure is go through the initial setup process, then at the end when it's finished updating, it'll say something like "restarting in 10 seconds" and at that point you must run the program cfp.exe with the command "cfp qnxosregionreset" or something like that. It's all detailed very clearly here: Idiots Guide to rooting a new Playbook? (see post #2)
    UberCurrency - Free currency conversion app for PlayBook.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Is there another OS that can be set up as dual boot on our PBs?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    265 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Belyea View Post
    Is there another OS that can be set up as dual boot on our PBs?
    I was wondering the same thing. I would assume some favor of Android would be the only viable OS.

My impression is IMO:

So far as a dual boot ever seeing the light of day, I doubt it will ever happen.

1: Business type persons with BlackBerry Handsets who wanted a tablet were (and are) the target market. (From the little I've read on the "history" on the PlayBook it was marketed as a "Business Device"... or at least something that was to be paired with a BB device.
    2: Business type persons are A: Not the type, B: Not ALLOWED to modify a company owned device.
    3: Business you're working for if you bring your own modified device, isn't going to be "happy" about that. A bank, or company dealing with anything financial or that deals with "Data" isn't going to knowingly allow a modded device on their network... (Unless it's modded by them)
    4: Pricing.... Not many people going to mod a PlayBook at the RELEASE prices, "Modders" are looking for something on the cheap. I read somewhere the 64GB's were like $699 a pop!, Add a case @ $50, Rapid Charger Pod @$69 and with tax that package would be $900 +/- with tax!
    5: Low sales numbers....Low sales numbers, Low sales numbers.
    6: "Code" (OS) is tightly controlled.... (Proprietary, Locked down, PB users are totally dependent on RIM coming out with a fix, updates, getting features added to core apps.)

Compare this to Android tablets.
    Line by line the exact opposite of the reasons noted above.

Millions are sold each year... you can get one for $49.... If you fry it, screw it up no big loss.
    Instead of like 4-10 modders.... There is a high number of persons modding , patching, messing around with Android OS powered devices.

Last edited by WeAreNotAlone; 11-18-2012 at 09:14 PM.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12