Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    265 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by antiRIM View Post
    Your probably best off asking xsacha, I don't have any knowledge on this.
    Look at post #19. What I was asking you to do is right click on the file after adding HASHTAB, and confirm the file hash was the same.

CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by joannesbenedek View Post

1. run cfp command: ''cfp load 4869.signed'' (this should load 4869 OS to your pb)
    2. pb will start and you will have to go through set up. Do it.
    3. If you get wifi bug-if you cant see any wifi networks you need to do: ''cfp nuke''
    4. Now you should see wifi networks.
    5. You let pb to download latest OS and also you let it to install.
    6. While latest OS is being installed get you cfp ready with command: ''cfp resetqnxosregion'' but dont run it yet.
    7. When latest OS is installed it will pop up restart button and your pb will restart in 10 sec.(do no restart your pb...follow to step 8)
    Hey there, after I loaded the 4869.sig ned to the playbook via cfp it just turned off (or went to stand-by) and won't continue to start as you described in your guide. Any idea what might be goign on?
    Thanks in advance,
    mvidalcz

EDIT: red light keeps blinking, but nothing happens.
    Last edited by mvidalcz; 11-28-2012 at 06:29 PM.

Global Posts
    10,384 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by mvidalcz View Post
    Hey there, after I loaded the 4869.sig ned to the playbook via cfp it just turned off (or went to stand-by) and won't continue to start as you described in your guide. Any idea what might be goign on?
    Thanks in advance,
    mvidalcz

EDIT: red light keeps blinking, but nothing happens.
    Sounds like you'd already updated to a non-rootable OS. Once you load an official 2.0, you can't downgrade/root.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    265 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SCrid2000 View Post
    Sounds like you'd already updated to a non-rootable OS. Once you load an official 2.0, you can't downgrade/root.
    SCrid2000,
    Can you as one of the more trusted members take a LOOK at the procedures outlined in below thread to VERIFY, and EXPAND with any TIPS you may have on the rooting procedure? Lots of conflicting, outdated and or incomplete info being spread around.

I'm not seeing a "STICKY" on the subject.

Root for brand new pb's - Guide how to do it

With the recent influx of persons new to the RIM platform due to the recent price reductions of the PlayBooks series, if interest in rooting is to increase the info is sorely needed.

The expression "Golden Opportunity" comes to mind. (Last chance also) to generate and increase long term interest.
    (Grow numerically number of persons who are actively interested in what can be done by modifying core system files /access to such.)

As it is currently:
    A: Info is scattered across multiple threads, little tid-bits here are there.
    B: Skill level of persons posting info is not known, resulting in incorrect or outdated info being posted.
    C: Info you do find may brick the device, result in a unsuccessful root.
    D: Info Xsacha posts on the subject are cryptic in nature due to his high skill level, his familiarity with the process.
    (Xsacha while being very knowledgeable posts on the subject are very cryptic due to him being so familiar with the process, failures that might occur.)

What I'm reading and have experienced on the rooting section is old timers complaining about all the newbies asking the same rooting questions over and over again.
    (EG: You create a thread trying to get verification on the process and they tell you to do a search -LOL... With the same effort if there was a STICKY on the subject you could point newbies to that.)

How do you bypass forced non-root friendly 2.1.OS update, and ROOT a new, never powered on PlayBook?

Seems like to me there should be a STICKY on the process in which you could point newbies to, that is updated with procedural changes , tips, tricks. Info in the walk-thru format that would enable someone new to the scene to perform the procedure properly.
    As it relates to that, increasing numerically the amount of persons interested "rooting" the platform is a good thing.

PS: There are alot of potenial Xsacha's out there, that if pointed in the right direction would be a asset in the long term. Wouldn't it be better to have a thousand Xsacha's out there versus (1)?

Never know where the next Xsacha may come from you know, like a tree a seed needs to be planted.

Seed= Sticky on Rooting procedure.
    Last edited by WeAreNotAlone; 12-02-2012 at 11:37 PM.

Global Posts
    10,384 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me.

The second post in this thread should be sufficient.
    Tell you what, PM me in two weeks to remind me, I'll make some .bat files and get everything organized to make things really easy for people with brand new playbooks to root.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12