Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Problems Rooting with Dingleberry 3.3.3

I was excited to pick up my playbook yesterday, and of course the first thing I wanted to do was root it.

These are the steps I did:

1. Set up device with wifi - RIM required me to upgrade to 1.0.8.6067, so I did.
    2. Connected to Windows XP PC running Dingleberry 3.3.3 - upgraded firmware to FULL OS 2.0.0.4869
    4. Clicked "Dingle" - According to Dingleberry, the playbook was sucessfully rooted, but I never saw a message on the playbook itself that the root was successful. Playbook rebooted, still no such message.
    5. After reboot, I re-connect to PC, click "Install/SSH" and then "Dingle SSH". CMD Box shows up on PC Screen with this message: "sh: /tmp/setuidgid: cannot execute - No such file or directory. Jailbreak Failed".

Any ideas where I might have gone wrong? Any suggestions on what to try next? (Should Dingelberry work on XP? Unfortunately, my work hasn't upgraded to Windows 7 yet.)

I've searched and searched, and found other people having a similar problem, but haven't found a definitive answer yet, so any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks!
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #2  

Default Solved problem by using older version

On a hunch, I tried an older version of Dingleberry. Just by chance, I found a copy of 3.0.2. Installed it, dingled, and now I am rooted!

If anyone else is having problems with 3.3.3, all I can suggest is try 3.0.2, because that worked for me!
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Default Solved problem by using older version

Last edited by Icarus3000; 02-08-2012 at 11:29 AM. Reason: double post
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts

I used dingle 3.01 and rooted flawless I would suggest not using 3.3 for rooting I do however suggest using 3.3 for downgrade or upgrade purposes I'm running a custom built of 2.0.6 core os with 2.0.7 apps works perfect and rooted

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    PIN
    28BACE2C

im having the same trouble you did but i can not locate an older version of dingleberry can you help
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

Quote Originally Posted by mr_c View Post
    im having the same trouble you did but i can not locate an older version of dingleberry can you help
    http://www.dingleberry.it/Dingleberry-3.02.zip
    Thanked by:
    mr_c (02-08-2012) 
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    PIN
    28BACE2C

thanks it rooted it but now no apps will load could you help me please
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Connect with Blackberry Bridge

I had the same problem yesterday. Playbook hang so did a security wipe and then re-installed .4869 but would not root with 3.3.3. The only thing different from my last rooting was I was bridged to my cell. I re-bridged to my cell and it rooted fine.

Don't ask me why that made the difference but it did.
    CrackBerry Genius

v3.3 and above uses a new login system. It only logs in once (when DB is started) rather than logging on to do each individual task.

If you log in to BDM at the same time, this can interfere with the DB 3.3 login.
    Please ignore the "Enter Password" in BDM.
    Developer of PPSSPP, ReQognise, Dingleberry, PB Connect, Sachesi, Sachup + Sachibar and other Qt apps. Porter of many opensource Qt apps.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    PIN
    28BACE2C

Quote Originally Posted by xsacha View Post
    v3.3 and above uses a new login system. It only logs in once (when DB is started) rather than logging on to do each individual task.

If you log in to BDM at the same time, this can interfere with the DB 3.3 login.
    Please ignore the "Enter Password" in BDM.
    i did what you said but still doesnt root maybe this rooting is not for me i dont get bdm popping up just db
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by mr_c View Post
    i did what you said but still doesnt root maybe this rooting is not for me i dont get bdm popping up just db
    uninstall BDM and try again. it may b not popping up but it still inerfere in background.
    CrackBerry Genius

Hm, it won't interfere if it doesn't know password.

It should definitely be popping up though, unless you haven't connected your Playbook.
    Developer of PPSSPP, ReQognise, Dingleberry, PB Connect, Sachesi, Sachup + Sachibar and other Qt apps. Porter of many opensource Qt apps.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    PIN
    28BACE2C

Quote Originally Posted by xsacha View Post
    Hm, it won't interfere if it doesn't know password.

It should definitely be popping up though, unless you haven't connected your Playbook.
    in the status bar it shows bdm connection manager and i have disabldd the option to mount the drive, id this why im having issues?
    CrackBerry Newbie

Exclamation I need help

i have downloaded 3.3.3 dingleberry and i am running 7111 can i downgrade to 4869 and also yesterday night i downgraded from 6149 to 4869 and hit the dingle box at the bottom of the screen the playbook restarted and i went to put a script of the market on it and it said jailbrake failed i thought this would mean it would brick the playbook and then i freaked out and upgraded to 7111 be scared. If the playbook bricks can you unbrick it?
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by harrisonjohnstone View Post
    i have downloaded 3.3.3 dingleberry and i am running 7111 can i downgrade to 4869 and also yesterday night i downgraded from 6149 to 4869 and hit the dingle box at the bottom of the screen the playbook restarted and i went to put a script of the market on it and it said jailbrake failed i thought this would mean it would brick the playbook and then i freaked out and upgraded to 7111 be scared. If the playbook bricks can you unbrick it?
    Don't understand what you're talking about.
    You need to downgrade to 4869 and THEN use 'Dingle'. Then you will be jailbroken. None of this can brick your PB. Root won't work on 7111.
    CrackBerry Newbie

where did you find it? Please can you give me the link or email the program to aspeer27@yahoo.co.uk. Thanks
    CrackBerry Newbie

when I try to downgrade my PB from 2.1.0.1314 to 2.0.4869 on DB 3.3.3, dingleberry always freezes and crashes on all the Windows 7 computers i've tried. Any help please?
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Icarus3000 View Post
    Thank you mate, I've try to get it for long time but each link I found take me to h**p//jailbreak.me site, duno why!!!!!!
    CrackBerry Newbie

can I root my PB without cfg command , I mean by only using dingleberry?