Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by collapsed View Post
    Is the browsere working for you in this version?
    What do you mean?

If you mean if the webbrowser is working on my rooted 6149. Then yes. The webbrowser is working.

If you are still 4869 and your browser is not working it could be that you need to install the browser from 4869. To do this download the sys.browser.bar from 4869 (previously on this thread) and install it using DDPB. I did not try browsing 4869 since it was only a step for rooting for me.

Whoever wants to use 4869 for more than rooting should exchange ALL bar files after they are downloaded. The 4869 bar files can be found as rapidshare links in this thread.
    Last edited by BourneID; 12-28-2011 at 02:29 PM.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    472 Global Posts

oh so I should update to 6149

it shows the "dead battery or turned off" thingie when I connect it to DM...Should I press Update or will it take me to os1?
    Last edited by collapsed; 12-28-2011 at 02:30 PM.
    CrackBerry Newbie

I am not sure about this. My device successfully connected to DM and DM recognized i had 4869 is installed. It offered me to upgrade to 6149. That is what i did.

Did you enable the Developer mode?
    Do not forget to root it while you are on 4869!
    Thanked by:
    collapsed (12-28-2011) 
    collapsed likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    472 Global Posts

It wasn't in dev mode. It worked. You're awesome <3
    And yeah, I rooted it already. Tried to install an app via android market. I'll try to update and get it to work in 6149 too. Too bad they don't appear in the APPs list. Oh well running the launcher is also ok
    CrackBerry User

The downgrade worked, but I'm still getting the /tmp/setuidgid cannot execute error. Can anybody help?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    472 Global Posts

Go to BBDM, forget the device, do the jailbreak again, restore the .bbb file(created by dingleberry), you'll get an error, ignore it, restart the PB, do the SSH stuff
    Thanked by:
    Datdoodted (12-28-2011) 
    CrackBerry User

When ever I forget device, it tells me to reconnect, and I can't restore dingleberry.bbb without doing reconnecting.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    472 Global Posts

Is your playbook in dev mode?
    Thanked by:
    Datdoodted (12-28-2011) 
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by collapsed View Post
    Is your playbook in dev mode?
    I got in, thank you so much. You don't know how hard I'm smiling right now.
    Wait, what's going to happen after Developer mode ends in ten days?
    Last edited by Datdoodted; 12-28-2011 at 04:14 PM.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Datdoodted View Post
    I got in, thank you so much. You don't know how hard I'm smiling right now.
    Wait, what's going to happen after Developer mode ends in ten days?

Developer mode disables itself after a restart. You can enable and disable it as often as you want. After each reenable it will be on for 10 days (except if you restart)
    Thanked by:
    Datdoodted (12-28-2011) 
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #61  

Quote Originally Posted by BourneID View Post
    Hello all,

thank you for your support. I did a little fooling around myself and i successfully flashed my Playbook to 2.0.0.4869.

This is what i did:
    • Download the "qcfm.os.com.qnx.coreos.qcfm.os.sdk.4869.79475.sig ned.bar" and "sys.andoid.bar" from the link earlier in this thread.
    • Rename "qcfm.os.com.qnx.coreos.qcfm.os.sdk.4869.79475.sig ned.bar" to "qcfm.os.com.qnx.coreos.qcfm.os.sdk.6149.92203.sig ned.bar"
    • On 6149. Do a complete Backup of you Device (For later) with the Desktop Manager Software
    • Downgrade to 1.0.8.6067. (Switch off the device, use Desktop Manager Software)
    • IMPORTANT! User the Desktop Manager Software to update your device to 2.0.0.6149. During Step1 (Downloading) your Desktop manager will download the files to C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry Desktop\Loader Cache. Now to the important part
    • RIGHT AFTER the Desktop Manager Software downloaded the file "qcfm.os.com.qnx.coreos.qcfm.os.sdk.6149.92203.sig ned.bar" and "sys.android.bar" copy your renamed "qcfm.os.com.qnx.coreos.qcfm.os.sdk.6149.92203.sig ned.bar" from above and the "sys.android.bar" to the Local Cache folder. (Do not wait untill all bar files are downloaded, switch with 4869 files right after the individual bar file is completely downloaded)
    • Now wait untill the download is completed. The Installer will install your 4869 bar files onto the device.
    • Voila. You are on 4869. Now you can root with dingleberry.

This worked for me on two devices. I am still on 4869 on these devices.
    I used Desktop Software 6.1.0.36 and did it on Win7-32bit.
    I did not upgrade to 6149 yet. But if i do i would patch the backup with dingleberry before restoring.

I cannot guarantee it will work, but it worked for me twice.

Hope this helps.

Regards.
    Perfect. Worked like a charm.
    Thanks a lot.
    CrackBerry User

I updated to .6149.
    Correction- I did break it. Going to retry and stay on .4869.
    Last edited by Datdoodted; 12-28-2011 at 05:09 PM.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    472 Global Posts

You can fix it. I also upgraded and fixed it. It's posed on the 3rd page.
    CrackBerry User

Hello all,

thank you for your support. I did a little fooling around myself and i successfully flashed my Playbook to 2.0.0.4869.

This is what i did:
    • Download the "qcfm.os.com.qnx.coreos.qcfm.os.sdk.4869.79475.sig ned.bar" and "sys.andoid.bar" from the link earlier in this thread.
    • Rename "qcfm.os.com.qnx.coreos.qcfm.os.sdk.4869.79475.sig ned.bar" to "qcfm.os.com.qnx.coreos.qcfm.os.sdk.6149.92203.sig ned.bar"
    • On 6149. Do a complete Backup of you Device (For later) with the Desktop Manager Software
    • Downgrade to 1.0.8.6067. (Switch off the device, use Desktop Manager Software)
    • IMPORTANT! User the Desktop Manager Software to update your device to 2.0.0.6149. During Step1 (Downloading) your Desktop manager will download the files to C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry Desktop\Loader Cache. Now to the important part
    • RIGHT AFTER the Desktop Manager Software downloaded the file "qcfm.os.com.qnx.coreos.qcfm.os.sdk.6149.92203.sig ned.bar" and "sys.android.bar" copy your renamed "qcfm.os.com.qnx.coreos.qcfm.os.sdk.6149.92203.sig ned.bar" from above and the "sys.android.bar" to the Local Cache folder. (Do not wait untill all bar files are downloaded, switch with 4869 files right after the individual bar file is completely downloaded)
    • Now wait untill the download is completed. The Installer will install your 4869 bar files onto the device.

I did not upgrade to 6149 yet. But if i do i would patch the backup with dingleberry before restoring.

Hope this helps.

Regards.
    can u or someone make a short video showing how to do this if u cant i will try my best reading this.... i suck at technology
    CrackBerry User

Smile Help Please

When I try to update my playbook through Desktop manager there are no updates for 2.0 that appear, even though I registered for beta 2.0. It only appears through the actual playbook device.
    Can someone please help me asap?
    CrackBerry User

Yea, this just happened to me. How recently did you upgrade to 2.0?
    CrackBerry Newbie

I for some reason receive a fatal error right after it begins the installation process. Desktop Software 6.1 current PB OS 1.0.8. Following the instructions and using the files listed above. Any ideas?

Edit: I've gotten this error twice in a row.
    CrackBerry User

Did you switch the files after they were downloaded, or during the installation period? Make sure you renamed the file and also moved over sys.android.
    CrackBerry Newbie

I copied them both over right after I saw the second file finish downloading. There was approx 15 minutes before it switched to installing I believe. It asked me to overwrite them both so I'm guessing I renamed everything correctly. Trying once more right now.
    CrackBerry Newbie

thank you, it seems to work!!
    CrackBerry User

i downloaded the new 2.0.0.6149 about 30 min ago through my playbook device
    CrackBerry User

@danny3838 you'll have to wait until tm then.
    CrackBerry User

Hello all,

This is what i did:

Hope this helps.

Regards.
    @Datdoodted : According to above instructions I have to wait until tmw to downgrade to 1.0.8.6067 correct? Then after I Sign up at the Blackberry page for OS2.0 Beta, an update should pop up on my desktop manager?
    CrackBerry User

Exclamation

how about if i install the two renamed files using ddpb tool having the 2.0.0 6149 installed all ready?
    CrackBerry Newbie

I rebooted the PB and it seemed to solve the fatal error I received just in cased anyone else encounters this. Thanks a lot for this method. I'll post back after I'm finished with results.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast