Banned

PIN
    ME BRO I LIE
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default New PB OS 2.1.0.840 NO SIDELOAD?????

So i started the downloaded the latest os after a decent wipe (he he) but sadly cfp failed making mommey sad. So message comes on first launch "new os 2.1.0.840 availabile" WHY NOT!!!!!!! So now i plug my pb in and voila no sideloaded apps launching.

TRIED reinstalling new wipe restrating everything but no playbook sideloaded apps

anyone else with issue???????????????
    Doesn't Matter

Global Posts
    55,541 Global Posts

Are you in developer mode?
    Sent from me using my fingers. Be pantless in 5K. Febreze - for more than smells.
    the 50K CrackBerry challenge
    I'm no more qualified to say so because I own a BlackBerry
    Banned

PIN
    ME BRO I LIE
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

for the sideload yea do i need to be in DM mode for actrually running the app
    CrackBerry User

Sideloading is removes in 2.1.0.840
    Banned

PIN
    ME BRO I LIE
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

no way to update to bb10 or downgrade to 2.1.x.xxxx
    Doesn't Matter

Global Posts
    55,541 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sardagan View Post
    Since when?
    Sent from me using my fingers. Be pantless in 5K. Febreze - for more than smells.
    the 50K CrackBerry challenge
    I'm no more qualified to say so because I own a BlackBerry
    CrackBerry User

Works fine for me....
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    856 Global Posts
    PIN
    24C39500 Have a Z10 and Lovin' It

Quote Originally Posted by irishstew View Post
    Works fine for me....
    The same here. I've also removed apps that were on prior to the .840 without any problems.
    There is no "Crtl+Z" in life.
    Z10 Rocks! BlackBerry 10 for the person on the move.
    Z10 Version 10.2.1.2947 Playbook Version 2.1.0.1917

Twitter BBM Channel C0002C37C
    #IChooseBlackberry10
    Banned

PIN
    ME BRO I LIE
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

Default How

Quote Originally Posted by irishstew View Post
    Works fine for me....
    are you talkin about already sideloaded from previous os cuz those work my newly sideloaded dont

so in total sideloadED apps work sideloadING dousent
    CrackBerry Master

Utter nonsense. No functionality regarding sideloading has been removed or changed. It is still completely possible to sideload any app you feel like, provided it is not an encrypted app (i.e. a pirated App World app). If it is an "unofficial" app (e.g. the various emulators, which aren't available in App World), or if it is a converted Android app (of which there are dozens pre-converted, and it's easy to convert more), it will work just fine. Note that not all Android apps work, so if it's Android apps you're trying to sideload, it may just be that those apps don't work.

I can assure you, from LOTS of repeated experience that sideloading works perfectly well.

EDIT: And yeah, you can downgrade to 2.0.1.358, which is the latest non-Beta OS. (You can always downgrade from a Beta OS to the latest non-Beta OS)
    Last edited by SifJar; 09-29-2012 at 05:06 PM.
    UberCurrency - Free currency conversion app for PlayBook.
    CrackBerry User

Sideloading new apps works fine for me in the latest beta. No problem adding new ones.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,856 Global Posts
    PIN
    excepting applications

Default New PB OS 2.1.0.840 NO SIDELOAD?????

A wipe from the previous or current 2.1 beta breaks the Android Player and Portrait pim as well. You can absolutely side load in 2.1 beta

You will still be able to side load in the official 2.1 as well.

To fix this you must use cfp to wipe and then write the OS back in again using CFP. I wrote 2.1.0.560 and then whitelisted to .840 and my PlayBook has never run better

Sent from my BlackBerry Device using Tapatalk
    Last edited by BB-Bmore; 09-29-2012 at 06:05 PM.
    I waited...It launched...Im still waiting...
    Banned

PIN
    ME BRO I LIE
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #13  

Quote Originally Posted by BB-Bmore View Post
    A wipe from the previous or current 2.1 beta breaks the Android Player and Portrait pim as well. You can absolutely side load in 2.1 beta

You will still be able to side load in the official 2.1 as well.

To fix this you must use cfp to wipe and then write the OS back in again using CFP. I wrote 2.1.0.560 and then whitelisted to .840 and my PlayBook has never run better

Sent from my BlackBerry Device using Tapatalk
    so your saying my pb android player is dead cant i just update it with the new .bar wont it fix itself cuz i see that sys.bars i can sideload

i have sideloaded bb10 broswer and bb10 camera no diffrence really broweser seems sligthly better
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,856 Global Posts
    PIN
    excepting applications

Quote Originally Posted by 069908226 View Post
    so your saying my pb android player is dead cant i just update it with the new .bar wont it fix itself cuz i see that sys.bars i can sideload

i have sideloaded bb10 broswer and bb10 camera no diffrence really broweser seems sligthly better

No I don't think that's gonna work but since its obvious you like to tinker ..go for it.

Now I have a question. You said you loaded the BB10 browser but there is no difference. The browser I saw at Jam was very different. Can you explain this to me? How did you load a app that runs on 10 OS onto a 2.1 OS and get it to work? Wouldn't you have to load the whole OS?

With that said are you sure you have BB10 browser and cam loaded? This would explain why you see no difference

Sent from my BlackBerry device using Tapatalk
    I waited...It launched...Im still waiting...
    Banned

PIN
    ME BRO I LIE
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #15  

well my friend i sideloaded the 10.6.670 cam and browser and it was exactly the same except the name that came up as Air Broswer........ But when i sideloaded these apps my current cam and browser apps didnt go away but when i by acciendt sideloaded the appworld it updated my current appworld........ So why appworld and not browser???

If we knew, we wouldn't be able to tell you.

And if we told you, we'd have to kill you...
    Quick Help BLACKBERRY HELP 101 | Direct load Android (APK) Apps : BB10 10.2.1|Sideloading apps: BB10/PlayBook | Update/Reload Software: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10 | Debrick: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10 | Backup 3rd Party Apps: BB7.1- - PlayBook & BB10: Just use BB Link | Battery Saving: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10

Got a question? diego.nei@mobilenations.com | My Apps: Papo GP | Papo GP 10 | My Channel: Project Management BBM Channel

Banned

PIN
    ME BRO I LIE
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #17  

wow such happy thoughts you know i wwould vote for you to be our new prime minister but if i did i would have to kill you