- CrackBerry Newbie
- 1 Posts
Just few questions
Hey everybody. I have few questions. I'm green on RIM. Playbook is mine first BB device. And if really i don't like it. Yes,it's fast, etc. But not with blackberry os, it's kind of laggy... And for example i need skype. Why nobody can launch skype for 3 years? And bing maps is peace of crap. Why i need gps ant, if i need network to load maps? And i can't find better music and video players. Maybie somebody can give me solutions for maps, skype, video/audio players? For example sideloading. Because i can't to root. Mine device is 188.8.131.524.
P.s. I need free software, because i will not buy anything.
- 02-15-13, 11:46 AM #2
Yes. Sideloading is your answer. Skype BETA.bar is available on some sites. But you might want to look at this guide to sideloading - Sideloading made easy with the PlayBook App Manager Browser Plugin | CrackBerry.com
Sadly a lot of .bar files for apps are pretty much useless. Yet, BlackBerry 10 is getting Skype soon, we just don't know when.
Lastly, the reasons for the lag can be because of how many apps you open at once or the amount of memory you are using up. Even though the PlayBook ihas dual-core processors, it can only handle so much with the 1GB of RAM, and when the 1GB is used up (reusable source, it's only to run things, not carrying files), your device tends to grab onto some of your storage memory.
- By xA4Hx in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 5Last Post: 08-25-08, 04:29 PM
- By daknucklegameisill in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 12Last Post: 08-20-08, 01:58 PM
- By daknucklegameisill in forum Verizon WirelessReplies: 3Last Post: 08-20-08, 11:39 AM
- By Frayne182 in forum RogersReplies: 4Last Post: 07-31-08, 09:15 PM
- By ToddD81 in forum BlackBerry Pearl 81xxReplies: 7Last Post: 12-18-07, 04:57 PM