Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By SifJar
  • 1 Post By mandony
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Jailbreak /root What happens if

Hello friends;
    I bought a new PlayBook. What can I do if I jailbreak the device? Can I also download the applications Appworld ?
    I am from Turkey. I'm sorry I turned to google translate
    Help friends. Thank you in advance
    Thanked by:
    Rebecca Keogh (01-18-2013) 
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,373 Global Posts

Rooting the device will not prevent you downloading apps from App World, but currently the only rootable OSes are older versions of the OS. Not all apps will be compatible with these older versions of the OS and therefore some apps cannot be installed. (This phenomenon will only increase in the future). In theory, you can root on an old OS, then upgrade to a custom version of a newer OS to keep root. But tools to do this have not been released publicly, and the one person I know was working on it at one point (xsacha) lost root on his PlayBook and so is no longer working on it. (He did have it working, but it has not been released as he can't work on it).

As for what you can do if you root the device: It doesn't really open up a huge amount of possibilities. It allows you to access the Android Market in the Android Player, instead of having to sideload Android apps (won't change compatibility with Android apps though). It allows you to use "USB OTG" i.e. enable USB "host mode" so that you can use USB storage (flash drives etc.) and keyboards and mice. It allows you to install themes to change the look of the OS a bit. It allows you to change the icons of installed apps.

I think that's about it. If none of that stuff appeals to you, I would not bother messing with root.

If you have already turned on the PlayBook, it is probably too late to root it anyway, as it will have been upgraded to the latest OS, which cannot be rooted.
    UberCurrency - Free currency conversion app for PlayBook.
    OniBerry likes this.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

I do not know english mate..Could you respond to Turkish ?
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,122 Global Posts
    PIN
    2AB9C463

Hayer, mümkün değildir. Sen köklenme demek?

Cihaz köklenme size App World uygulamaları indirirken, ancak şu anda sadece rootable işletim sistemleri OS sürümleri vardır engel olmaz. Tüm uygulamalar işletim sistemi bu eski sürümleri ile uyumlu olacak ve bu nedenle bazı uygulamalar yüklenemez. (Bu olay sadece gelecekte daha da artacaktır). Teorik olarak, root tutmak için yeni bir işletim sistemi özel bir sürümünü yükseltmek, daha sonra eski bir işletim sistemi üzerinde root olabilir. Ama bunu yapmak için araçlarını kamuya henüz açıklanmadı ve biliyorum bir kişi bir noktada (xsacha) at üzerinde çalışmakta olduğu onun PlayBook kök kaybetti ve bu yüzden artık üzerinde çalışıyor. (O çalışma var, ama o çalışmıyor gibi serbest bırakıldığı değil). Cihazın kök eğer ne yapabilirim gelince: Gerçekten olanakları çok büyük bir miktar yukarı açmıyor. Bunun yerine sideload Android uygulamaları (Android uygulamaları olsa uyumluluk değişmez) zorunda, sen Android Player'da Android Market'e erişim sağlar. Size USB depolama (flash sürücüler vb) ve klavye ve fare kullanın böylece "USB OTG" yani enable USB "ana bilgisayar modu" kullanmanıza olanak sağlar. Bu işletim sisteminin görünümünü biraz değiştirmek için temaları yüklemenize olanak tanır. Size yüklü uygulamalar simgeleri değiştirmenizi sağlar. Ben bu konuda olduğunu düşünüyorum. Bu şeyler hiçbiri sizi cekiyorsa, ben kök karıştırmasını rahatsız olmaz. Zaten PlayBook açtıysanız, bunu köklü edilemez en son işletim sistemi, yükseltilmiş olan gibi, muhtemelen yine de kök çok geç.
    Cuius testiculos habes, habeas cardia et cerebellum...
    Z10 (v10.2.x.xxx Rogers), Playbook (v2.1.0.1314) | Rooted SGS IV
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Thank you. How do I make USB OTG? I'm connecting the cable, but the mouse does not work .. How do I install andorid games then? How do I root? How can sideload? Tell Turkish ..
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,373 Global Posts

I don't speak Turkish, you can Google Translate this if no one can help in Turkish:

You need to root before you can use USB OTG. If you have already turned on the PlayBook, it is probably too late to be able to root. If you have not turned on the PlayBook yet, there is a way to do it, but it is complicated and I fear much of the process would be lost in translation.

Sorry I can't be of more help than this. I do not want to say much, because I don't think it will translate well.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

Ben cihaza hiçbir şey yapmadım. Ama usb otg yapmak istiyorum.. Nasıl yaparım root ?
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

I did not do anything to the device. But I want to make USB OTG .. How do I root?

How can I install android pes 2012 game PlayBook
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,373 Global Posts

I'm not sure of the exact process. I believe it may involve finding a file called "cfp.exe", which is hard to find. There may be other ways too. Hopefully someone else can be more help than me.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  

What Cfp.exe?
    CrackBerry Genius

Yeah you need to find cfp 3.9.0.165
    Install firmware you want using cfp load name.signed

Then you update to latest OS using normal means (out of box setup). Then, before booting this new OS, you must use cfp resetqnxosregion
    Developer of PPSSPP, ReQognise, Dingleberry, PB Connect, Sachesi, Sachup + Sachibar and other Qt apps. Porter of many opensource Qt apps.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #12  

Dingleberry v3.3.3 playbook 2.0.1.358 root / jailbreak version gives error
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,373 Global Posts

if your playbook is on OS 2.0.1.358 you didn't do what xsacha said and it is now too late to be able to root the playbook.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #14  

turkey version of this OS 2.0.1.358 had this version when I buy Do not do root?
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,373 Global Posts

Nope, you can't root it sadly. Sorry.
    CrackBerry Genius

When you buy the Playbook it is version 1.0.

When you turn it on, it asks to update to 2.0.1.358. If you have already done this you can no longer root, sorry.
    Developer of PPSSPP, ReQognise, Dingleberry, PB Connect, Sachesi, Sachup + Sachibar and other Qt apps. Porter of many opensource Qt apps.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    4 Global Posts

CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    PIN
    2864C03F

Quote Originally Posted by SifJar View Post
    Rooting the device will not prevent you downloading apps from App World, but currently the only rootable OSes are older versions of the OS. Not all apps will be compatible with these older versions of the OS and therefore some apps cannot be installed. (This phenomenon will only increase in the future). In theory, you can root on an old OS, then upgrade to a custom version of a newer OS to keep root. But tools to do this have not been released publicly, and the one person I know was working on it at one point (xsacha) lost root on his PlayBook and so is no longer working on it. (He did have it working, but it has not been released as he can't work on it).

As for what you can do if you root the device: It doesn't really open up a huge amount of possibilities. It allows you to access the Android Market in the Android Player, instead of having to sideload Android apps (won't change compatibility with Android apps though). It allows you to use "USB OTG" i.e. enable USB "host mode" so that you can use USB storage (flash drives etc.) and keyboards and mice. It allows you to install themes to change the look of the OS a bit. It allows you to change the icons of installed apps.

I think that's about it. If none of that stuff appeals to you, I would not bother messing with root.

If you have already turned on the PlayBook, it is probably too late to root it anyway, as it will have been upgraded to the latest OS, which cannot be rooted.
    BTW, you can downgrade then root the PB anyway.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    265 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon3DS View Post
    BTW, you can downgrade then root the PB anyway.
    RE: BTW, you can downgrade then root the PB anyway.

PB OS v2.1.0.1088 is the current version as of 2012-12

Everything I've read says you can't downgrade, then root from 2.1.0.1088.
    Only exception being being a procedure is which you purposely corrupt the OS during flashing a OS image to the PlayBook (It's supposed to be pretty risky = most likely to brick device)

Is this the procedure you are referencing, if so (or not) can you go into detail on how it is done?

CrackBerry Newbie

can you root version 2.1.0.1314
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    265 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cian Delaney View Post
    can you root version 2.1.0.1314
    NO,

You only have (1) chance to root on a new PlayBook, once it auto updates it cannot be rooted.

Best guide on CrackBerry on the rooting process.
    Root for brand new pb's - Guide how to do it
    CrackBerry Newbie

can we root blackberry playbook version 2.0.0.7971
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Shrai Super View Post
    can we root blackberry playbook version 2.0.0.7971
    Maybe you should have read the Turkish translation above.
    rjkolo likes this.