Results 1 to 24 of 24
Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By TomJasper
  • 1 Post By howarmat
  • 1 Post By Sith_Apprentice
  • 1 Post By nappp
  • 2 Post By ToiletRim
  1. Gwendolyn_USA's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    10 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default Install Android Ice Cream for PlayBook?

    Can someone tell me how to install Ice Cream and will the current update 2.1.0.1314 for PlayBook work with Ice Cream, if not where or how can I install 2.0. Update for PlayBook. Thanks.
  2. howarmat's Avatar

    Posts
    22,821 Posts
    Global Posts
    23,379 Global Posts
    PIN
    24DA0A39
    #2  

    Default

    you cannot install ICS to the playbook. As for installing OS 2.0 you will have to search the threads in this section to see if you can
    ~Matt
    Nexus 5, Z10 LE, White Lumia 521, 32GB Nook HD+ & 16GB PB, 32 GB Dell Venue 8 Pro
    @howarmat
  3. TomJasper's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,078 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,084 Global Posts
    #3  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gwendolyn_USA View Post
    Can someone tell me how to install Ice Cream and will the current update 2.1.0.1314 for PlayBook work with Ice Cream, if not where or how can I install 2.0. Update for PlayBook. Thanks.
    Not sure shy you would want but here you go.
    Disclaimer: I have no way to validate the video and take no responsibility if you mess up your Playbook!

    Negative thinking destroys your brain cells and causes global warming.*- Dodinsky (The Scientific Institute of Get Over It!) Action Spots
    Thanked by 2:
    Petey Drumev (05-13-2013),  tinchoavalos (05-01-2013) 
    tinchoavalos likes this.
  4. mnhockeycoach99's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    480 Posts
    #4  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gwendolyn_USA View Post
    Can someone tell me how to install Ice Cream and will the current update 2.1.0.1314 for PlayBook work with Ice Cream, if not where or how can I install 2.0. Update for PlayBook. Thanks.
    I'm curious if you ever able to get in touch with Thorsten to fix your damaged PlayBook?
  5. nappp's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,302 Posts
    #5  

    Default Re: Install Android Ice Cream for PlayBook

    you cannot replace the os on the playbook. case closed. it is protected and has not been broken. as for 2.0 that requires a new playbook with a previous os version that has not been updated
    Sprint Q10
    32GB Playbook
  6. shirkeashutosh21's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    5 Posts
    #6  

    Default

    installing an android os will void the warranty right?
  7. howarmat's Avatar

    Posts
    22,821 Posts
    Global Posts
    23,379 Global Posts
    PIN
    24DA0A39
    #7  

    Default

    you CANNOT install android OS on the playbook
    ~Matt
    Nexus 5, Z10 LE, White Lumia 521, 32GB Nook HD+ & 16GB PB, 32 GB Dell Venue 8 Pro
    @howarmat
    rthonpm likes this.
  8. Sith_Apprentice's Avatar

    Posts
    9,744 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,746 Global Posts
    PIN
    Changes way too often
    #8  

    Default

    You can however install an ICS launcher, though that is basically just an app that runs in Android Player. Might give you the warm and fuzzies you are looking for.
    ~S_A
  9. #9  

    Default

    It will likely destroy the PB. The boot process is firmly locked to loading a RIM OS, at the current state of hacking it can never be modified to load anything else.
    <a href="http://www.galatis.de/starboard.php?d=5518"><!-- Something special for the spammers --></a>
    CrackBerry... where only Stupid People fight about Smart Phones
  10. jakie55's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    447 Posts
    Global Posts
    481 Global Posts
    PIN
    2AE49F77
    #10  

    Default

    Surely, with the brainiacs around on XDA, if they could have ported an android rom, they would have, given the great hardware to work with.
    Q 10 for the win!
    (WHITE Z 10, on 10.2.1.537 and Nexus 4, both sold)
    pebble watch
    Playbook 64 gb wifi
    Galaxy tab P 1000 with cyanagen 9
  11. Sith_Apprentice's Avatar

    Posts
    9,744 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,746 Global Posts
    PIN
    Changes way too often
    #11  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jakie55 View Post
    Surely, with the brainiacs around on XDA, if they could have ported an android rom, they would have, given the great hardware to work with.
    they have to get past the boot sequence, which is sorry to say, much more difficult than just porting a ROM
    ~S_A
  12. nappp's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,302 Posts
    #12  

    Default Re: Install Android Ice Cream for PlayBook

    learn to love the playbook for what it is, a great device out of the box! if you want something different, your favorite retail store is waiting for your business. I will glady give you $50 for your fully working playbook to get you a down payment on that android tablet you love
    Sprint Q10
    32GB Playbook
    AshDeezy likes this.
  13. Rushlight's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    2 Posts
    #13  

    Thumbs down well, you CAN install android, but...

    It is possible to replace the PBOS with an android one, HOWEVER, it required custom programing the kernal, something which very few people can do. the idea is to modify the Android... kinda like how you'd root and android phone. however, unless you a magical russian hacker, you'll have to download one, and the only ones ive found for download are riddles with viruses. not only would such an attempt void you warenty, it would screw over all your personal data. if you really want android, and love the BP design, then buy a Nexus 7.

    Oh, and btw, blackbery really needs to work on its linux suport. its a gawddamn pain in the *** to conect my PB to Ubuntu.
  14. El Bori's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    96 Posts
    #14  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nappp View Post
    learn to love the playbook for what it is, a great device out of the box! if you want something different, your favorite retail store is waiting for your business. I will glady give you $50 for your fully working playbook to get you a down payment on that android tablet you love
    i'll give you 75, if your heart is set on leaving...
    Thanks,
    El Bori
  15. scalemaster34's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,835 Posts
    #15  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rushlight View Post
    It is possible to replace the PBOS with an android one, HOWEVER, it required custom programing the kernal, something which very few people can do. the idea is to modify the Android... kinda like how you'd root and android phone. however, unless you a magical russian hacker, you'll have to download one, and the only ones ive found for download are riddles with viruses. not only would such an attempt void you warenty, it would screw over all your personal data. if you really want android, and love the BP design, then buy a Nexus 7.

    Oh, and btw, blackbery really needs to work on its linux suport. its a gawddamn pain in the *** to conect my PB to Ubuntu.
    Don't think BB is working on anything for the PlayBook anymore...
  16. minerva1961's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    2 Posts
    #16  

    Default

    >Don't think BB is working on anything for the PlayBook anymore...

    Yeah, tend to agree.... it's a superb tablet and does email/browsing/vid better than any other tablet but I do feel like I'm going to remain static with no What's App or Skype (natively)...
  17. tinchoavalos's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    1 Posts
    #17  

    Default it is work good

    Thanks for the post now i can do skype and use whatsapp in my Playbook, wasnt easy but after a lot of help i got it... damm it! before that my playbook was seating in my desk for two years so far, now is mean to be used again.....
    ]
  18. scorpi05's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    15 Posts
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    #18  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tinchoavalos View Post
    Thanks for the post now i can do skype and use whatsapp in my Playbook, wasnt easy but after a lot of help i got it... damm it! before that my playbook was seating in my desk for two years so far, now is mean to be used again.....
    ]
    Hi, would you be able to tell me how you got Skype to work on your Playbook?

    Thanks
  19. axllebeer's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,724 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,984 Global Posts
    PIN
    797F4953 Tab 3
    #19  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rushlight View Post

    Oh, and btw, blackbery really needs to work on its linux suport. its a gawddamn pain in the *** to conect my PB to Ubuntu.
    Really, I've never had any issues connecting to Ubuntu. In fact I've found it to be way easier than any version of windows, and much faster. How exactly are you going about it?
    Phone too slow? Then you need Flow.

    The World's Most Fabulous Crack-Droid!
  20. specnode's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    1 Posts
    #20  

    Default

    Is there any way to erase the blackberry os and install an android os?
  21. axllebeer's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,724 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,984 Global Posts
    PIN
    797F4953 Tab 3
    #21  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by specnode View Post
    Is there any way to erase the blackberry os and install an android os?
    Nope. Not at this time. But someone might hack it down the road since pretty much all BBRY support has been dropped for the PlayBook, but I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.
    Last edited by axllebeer; 07-29-2013 at 02:13 PM.
    Phone too slow? Then you need Flow.

    The World's Most Fabulous Crack-Droid!
  22. #22  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TomJasper View Post
    Not sure shy you would want but here you go.
    Disclaimer: I have no way to validate the video and take no responsibility if you mess up your Playbook!

    That's nothing but a launcher that will give you the chosen UI on top of the DalviK VM...
    Quick Help BLACKBERRY HELP 101 | Direct load Android (APK) Apps : BB10 10.2.1|Sideloading apps: BB10/PlayBook | Update/Reload Software: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10 | Debrick: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10 | Backup 3rd Party Apps: BB7.1- - PlayBook & BB10: Just use BB Link | Battery Saving: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10

    Got a question? diego.nei@mobilenations.com | My Apps: Papo GP | Papo GP 10 | My Channel: Project Management BBM Channel

  23. 4brothers's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    1 Posts
    #23  

    Default How do you install app for SKYPE on blackberry playbook?

    I want Skype on Blackberry playbook, but how??...
  24. ToiletRim's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    27 Posts
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    #24  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 4brothers View Post
    I want Skype on Blackberry playbook, but how??...
    Wow,
    Dude here walked into a ghost-town - and on Halloween to boot.
    Whoooooooooo.....
    phylez and Remian8985 like this.

Similar Threads

  1. OFFCIAL 10.1.0.4633 for STL100-1,2,3,4
    By 1251251 in forum BlackBerry 10 OS
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 08-08-2013, 11:25 PM
  2. Voice chat with android phones
    By blink186 in forum BlackBerry Z10
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-30-2013, 07:52 AM
  3. Background Android process: Calendar Storage?
    By STV0726 in forum BlackBerry 10 OS
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-29-2013, 03:22 PM
  4. Idea for multiple alarms
    By ssbtech in forum BlackBerry Z10
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-29-2013, 01:24 PM

Posting Permissions