Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
    CrackBerry Genius

Thread AuthorThread Author   #76  

Quote Originally Posted by dannymac77 View Post
    Android is not installed. Exiting.
    Android Market Install Completed
    Completed

I have 2.0.0.4869
    Dingle seems to think it's dingled the PB, so why am I getting Android is not installed?
    It means what it says. Android is not installed.
    You probably only installed Core 4869 instead of Full.

To remedy the problem, install sys.android.bar.
    Developer of PPSSPP, ReQognise, Dingleberry, PB Connect, Sachesi, Sachup + Sachibar and other Qt apps. Porter of many opensource Qt apps.
    CrackBerry User

So I have a dingled playbook, and after installing the script and getting the same problem as everyone else, what do I do not to fix it? Reinstall the market script?
    CrackBerry User

Yes - this method can break the Android player. It did for me, regardless of whether I do a full downgrade to 4869, re-Dingle and run the script. I have not yet done a security wipe, but it looks like that might be next.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Has there ever been a resolution to this?

I'm trying to get the market back so I can pull and sign the .apk's I want from the market before trying them on official 2.0. (Two different PB's one is official 2.0, the other is stuck on initializing Android like most folks here.)
    Follow @xeju on Twitter!
    CrackBerry Abuser

UPDATE: I fixed it, but I'm not messing with that script again.

WHAT I DID: When I posted above, I was rooted on .4869 full. I decided to try full .6149 since I was already rooted. I upgraded through DB 3.3.3. No joy. I had the same behavior with running Android. (I kept root and DB recognized this.)

Next I tried reinstalling the .6149 sys.android.bar using DDPB, but it kept hanging. Grr.

I came across this post problems with your launcher come here and followed it step-by-step. (I chose to use the HCL launcher, fwiw.) It worked perfectly.
    Follow @xeju on Twitter!
    CrackBerry Genius

Thread AuthorThread Author   #81  

Quote Originally Posted by xeju View Post
    I came across this post problems with your launcher come here and followed it step-by-step. (I chose to use the HCL launcher, fwiw.) It worked perfectly.
    So basically you deleted /data/data (the other stuff won't do anything)?
    I guess this will work but a reboot was meant to take care of that.

Thanks for the note. I will include that in future market.script.
    Developer of PPSSPP, ReQognise, Dingleberry, PB Connect, Sachesi, Sachup + Sachibar and other Qt apps. Porter of many opensource Qt apps.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by xsacha View Post
    So basically you deleted /data/data (the other stuff won't do anything)?
    I guess this will work but a reboot was meant to take care of that.

Thanks for the note. I will include that in future market.script.
    Yeah, I figured that was the key. I only had to do it once as well.
    Follow @xeju on Twitter!
    CrackBerry Genius

First great job.....Fun to tinker with but I think I will wait to Dingleberry 4.0 which is supposed to root current OS.... Unsure if market will work though as RIM has made some bods to how google syncs things..... Ah the fun of playing....
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

Default Not quite working..

Hey guys. There is a bunch of tutorials on how to install Android Market and a lot of them are long-winded and do unnecessary tasks.

So here it is. Dead simple.

You can jump in to whichever step you are currently at. If you're already rooted, just jump to step #4, for example.

> I haven't got Dingleberry:
    1) Get the latest Dingleberry (currently v3.3.3) for your OS. Windows, Linux and Mac are supported.

> I'm not on 2.0.0.4869:
    2) In Dingleberry, click on 'Firmware'. Then choose 2.0.0.4869 and Full. Click Download bar. When this is done, click Update.

> I'm not rooted:
    3) In Dingleberry, click 'Dingle' (bottom of main page). You should get confirmation that "You are Dingled!" on your Playbook.

> I haven't installed Android Market:
    4) Download the Android Market Script. In Dingleberry, click 'Install / SSH'. In the Installer section, choose File and select the market.script you just downloaded.

You should now be rooted on 2.0.0.4869 and have an Android Launcher and Android Market installed. Congratulations.

- Sacha

I got to step 4 to install the Android Market and all I see is ADWLauncher EX icon. However, each time I launch that app, I get "initializing. Please Wait..." on a black window and the after 10 secs, it exists. What am I missing here?

Thanks
    CrackBerry Genius

Thread AuthorThread Author   #85  

Delete the /data/data like the previous poster.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

Default Still not working after deleting /data/data

Delete the /data/data like the previous poster.
    I WinSCP in navigated to /data and deleted data directory. Went to / and delete data.
    Rebooted the Playbook and still am experiencing the same "initializing..... " and just quits after 10 sec.

Thanks for the help.
    CrackBerry Newbie

how it's works????
    CrackBerry Newbie

this method void the playbook warranty ?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    552 Global Posts

wow i really would love this app on my playbook. can you install all apps from the marketplace android?
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    284BB2BA

This video is probably of a rooted playbook prior to the official update. IOW the person had the android market already installed on a rooted playbook before the official OS 2.0.0.7971 update was released
    Bboy follow on twitter @brandonlegere06/ pin msg or add to BBM if needing help with BlackBerrys
    CrackBerry Abuser

is it possible to downgrade from 7971?
    Banned

Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    PIN
    100/100 FREE

Tried that, but still the same thing
    CrackBerry Newbie

I can't get this to work at all...dingleberry crashes everyone. I tried older versions still no luck. I tried different computers same outcome. Any other suggestions?
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by bullen727 View Post
    I can't get this to work at all...dingleberry crashes everyone. I tried older versions still no luck. I tried different computers same outcome. Any other suggestions?
    Same issue, might be related to the site no longer hosting OSes. I downloaded an OS and I no longer crash, but I also can't figure out how to install it.
    CrackBerry Newbie

thanks about share this on my social circles
    Jack Wills
    Weekend warrior, Tech Geek and Marketing Consultant for a men's, women's and kids shoes manufacturer
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    2208BF1A

Hey guys, may i got a help? My PlayBook has securities wipe and i re-dingle and install ADWLauncher EX, IceCreamSandwich Launcher, and HC Launcher. Then i try run them, works perfectly. but after that i tried to install the SYS.ANDROID.BAR (150.XX MB) and my ADW, ICS, and HCL exits by itself like the android player too. i tried to delete the android player, my ADW and those 2 launchers don't want to run. also all android apps install (whatsapp, Skype) then i try to restart just the same. i noticed that the android player breaks the BB Runtime. i tried to install the SYS.ANDROID.BAR (40.XX MB) [that is the BB Runtime installer] and tried to install the 3 launchers back, tried to run them, it runs "initializing please wait..." then a few secs, it shows a bb logo with a bit green and silver (actually it's the Android player's start, i know) with stuck. i wait bout 2 mins till 10 mins won't move. tried to restart, just the same. ANY HELPS WOULD BE HELPFUL!!!

Thanks in advance. Please answerrrr

-SUPERVISETECHbb
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    2208BF1A

tried again the BB logo works like flag. waiting for response...
    please supports
    thanks
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    2208BF1A

keep not working...
    CrackBerry Newbie

The link is dead. /:
    CrackBerry Newbie

Could you post a new link ? If not what do I download ?
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast