HEY GUYS!!!! Just a quick question and overall opinion
I bought 5 playbooks yesterday because I am sending them to Europe to a few of my cousins. Reason I bought this was because I thought you could have android apps on it but this playbook updated to 2.1. Now from people's opinions is the android market worth it? or is the blackberry app store decent enough to not really worry about the android apps. Why I am asking is if it is Ill just take this one back and get a new one and try to avoid the update and just downgrade it so I can add the android market before I send it over for christmas. Thanks
- 11-24-2012, 05:46 PM #2
You get android apps whether you have root or not, all you will need to do is download DDPB which will sideload the android apps instead of having Android Markets app.
*Keep in mind that while you can get Android apps, only about half of them will work, because the playbooks android player doesn't support native code yet.
- CrackBerry Abuser
11-25-2012, 10:21 AM #3"People may not remember exactly what you did or what you said, but they will always remember how you made them feel." - Maya Angelou
- 408 Posts
- 11-25-2012, 03:52 PM #6
The Android Player works better on 2.1 anyway. I wouldn't worry about it.
As antiRIM noted, anything that isn't available through App World can be sideloaded. To be clear, you do NOT get Android Market through ANY Playbook OS.
- By dangy in forum BlackBerry Bold 9000Replies: 4Last Post: 10-15-2008, 12:25 AM
- By BMc1217 in forum Verizon WirelessReplies: 9Last Post: 09-30-2008, 10:44 AM
- By dhalker in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 6Last Post: 09-05-2008, 02:29 AM
- By rightcoastsurf in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 7Last Post: 08-07-2008, 08:35 PM
- By davisj2 in forum News & RumorsReplies: 8Last Post: 06-09-2008, 04:45 PM