Is it possible to explore the file system without root, and also to perhaps extract the native BARs from it? (or do an unencrypted backup via dingleberry)
- 01-12-13, 11:50 PM #2
I can answer the first question. You will want to side load "wifi file transfer pro". Go through the setup. Make sure wifi sharing is on in settings. And then just type in the IP address that it tells you to and you should be able to see the files. As for viewing all of them, unfortunately without root you will not have permission to access the file contents so it won't work, but the majority will be viewable. You can also go to your browser on your PB and type in "/" this will show you some files.
- 01-13-13, 04:27 AM #3
As AntiRIM said, you can browse some contents, but certain folders are blocked. For example, there is a folder for every app on the device; these folders are inaccessible.
Also, you can do all this without installing any app, by using SSH, which is built in to the device (you can use Dingleberry to open an SSH session on the PB, even without root, and then you can use something like WinSCP to browse the file system over SSH).
- By fullmop in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 7Last Post: 11-20-10, 08:44 AM
- By liaudr in forum BlackBerry Pearl 81xxReplies: 13Last Post: 09-21-10, 07:53 PM
- By adiorable in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 3Last Post: 11-04-08, 08:49 AM
- By zsig in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 3Last Post: 10-07-08, 05:33 PM
- By eerosampson in forum BlackBerry Pearl 81xxReplies: 3Last Post: 05-11-08, 09:03 PM