- CrackBerry Newbie
- 4 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
Do I NEED to root my Playbook if I want to install .bar files for paid-apps?
I'm quite new to the rooting scene, and I was wondering if I could ask a few questions about it.
My understanding right now is that "Playbook rooting" is equivilant to "iPod/iPhone jailbreaking", such that rooting would allow me to install other peoples' paid games/apps onto my Playbook if they gave me a .bar file for it.
Is this mainly what rooting is?
Alternatively, let's say I can't root at my current firmware. Can I install the .bar files of paid apps without rooting?
- 12-26-12, 06:56 AM #4
There's a great place to get paid apps, accessible right from your playbook, called "App World". It should already be installed on your playbook in fact.
This forum does not support piracy, and in fact a reasonable number of the users of this forum are developers with paid apps on app world.
- By Samantha5742 in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 2Last Post: 06-17-09, 12:07 PM
- By dontwalkhand in forum Mac UsersReplies: 9Last Post: 05-20-09, 02:15 PM
- By lazychaldo101 in forum BlackBerry StormReplies: 4Last Post: 11-23-08, 10:50 AM
- By funkeb in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 15Last Post: 09-13-08, 06:50 PM
- By leemoreau in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 2Last Post: 02-21-08, 03:23 PM