CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default dingleberry not downloading new OS to update??

Greetings! A co-worker wanted me to put the android market on her Playbook (a device I was not familiar with at all) and I said I would give it a shot.

It's currently running 1.0.8.6067, which is a good thing from what I've read. Dingleberry recognizes the Playbook but will not download any firmware. The button to download doesn't even appear clickable. After sitting at the firmware page for a minute or two, Dingleberry will eventually stop working all on it's own (I run Windows Vista).

Anyone else have this problem? I don't know how to get the Android Market/Launcher on here any other way. I'm going to try using a laptop I have around the house once I find it.

Thanks in advance.

Global Posts
    10,383 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me.

You'll have to download it manually and use the custom option.
    All the Playbook oses are available at www.OpenSourceBB.com/playbook-oses
    Thanked by:
    verbhertz (04-08-2012) 
    CrackBerry Genius

The download server by BNXtreme was taken down which is why the 'Download' option isn't working for you.
    Just do as SCrid has said above.
    Developer of PPSSPP, ReQognise, Dingleberry, PB Connect, Sachesi, Sachup + Sachibar and other Qt apps. Porter of many opensource Qt apps.
    Thanked by:
    verbhertz (04-08-2012) 
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Thanks to both of you! I figured that was the case but didn't see it mentioned anywhere. I really appreciate the fast responses.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

I click custom, but there doesn't seem to be any prompting to select the OS file that I downloaded?
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Re: dingleberry not downloading new OS to update??

Hi i want to doenload the os 2.0.0.4869 but the link on your site isn't working please help
    CrackBerry Genius

Default Re: dingleberry not downloading new OS to update??

Quote Originally Posted by verbhertz View Post
    I click custom, but there doesn't seem to be any prompting to select the OS file that I downloaded?
    No need for prompt. Just put the OS (.bar files) in the Custom folder. Dingleberry will flash whatever is inside the Custom folder.
    Developer of PPSSPP, ReQognise, Dingleberry, PB Connect, Sachesi, Sachup + Sachibar and other Qt apps. Porter of many opensource Qt apps.