appsworld install error 0007
Im not sure if this is the right forum/group to post this in but I thought Id start here.. I have a new PB running OS 4869 and I am totally unable to download apps from the appsWorld, i simply get error 0007.. Everything else internet works well, have even installed google market(play) and it works fine... So Im just wondering is it something I did when install/rooting?
Alas I havent found a "single" step by step thread to everything, but pieced together bits from multiple threads..
These are the steps I did
- Started initial install, PB downloaded OS2.1
- just before reboot i used "cfp resetqnxosregion", which reset the NVRAM
- the I used cfp load qcfm.os.com.qnx.coreos.qcfm.os.sdk.4869.79475.sign ed.bar (obtained from playbook elite)
- Rebooted all fine,
- then installed the apps seperately, not all of them mind you , using ddpb
- used dingleberry to obtain root
- installed google market/play
so far all good, except the native apps world wont install apps and gives error 0007
Finally different question
playbook elite offers newer roms, e.g. 6149,7111 & 7971, am I correct in that 6149 is the latest I can use and still keep the root functionality?
many thanks all!
Re: appsworld install error 0007
Didnt get any replies to this ( :-( ) but I solved it!
I solved this by upgrading to 6149, which I understand to be the latest version that is still rootable
here are the steps I followed
1. Find the 6149 firmware, I got mine from Welcome To Playbook Elite
2. unrar it to your hard disk
3. within the expanded directory find the file qcfm.os.com.qnx.coreos.qcfm.os.sdk.6149.92203.sign ed.bar and use something like 7zip to extract out the qcfm.os.com.qnx.coreos.qcfm.os.sdk.6149.92203.sign ed file (ie not bar file)
4. extract the qcfm.os.com.qnx.coreos.qcfm.os.sdk.6149.92203.sign ed to C:\temp (or somewhere similar), rename it to 6149.signed
5. download cfp from somewhere (search google, these forums etc)
6. with cfp in the same directory as the 6149.signed file issue "cfp load 6149.signed " from windows
this will flash the firmware and then reboot the playbook
7. Download and install DDPB from DDPB – PlayBook Tool
8. Ensure Playbook is in developer mode, connect to playbook from ddpb
9. Add all (bar) files in the unrar'd firmware.rar file EXCEPT qcfm.os.com.qnx.coreos.qcfm.os.sdk.6149.92203.sign ed.bar
10. select all files and then issue install
11. Reboot playbook and rejoice!
hope this helps someone else
- By ragdeiii03 in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 1Last Post: 08-29-12, 07:20 PM
- By s17nj in forum BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 5Last Post: 03-06-09, 07:11 AM
- By DinhoGrande in forum BlackBerry Bold 9000Replies: 11Last Post: 12-09-08, 05:51 PM
- By GiftaGab in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 4Last Post: 06-17-08, 02:46 AM
- By JBurnett in forum Desktop SoftwareReplies: 4Last Post: 06-09-08, 09:57 PM