Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes
    CrackBerry User

Android Market works fine on .6149; you need to reinstall the Android Market once you've upgraded to the latest version.

1. Downgrade to 2.0.0.4869
    2. Root Playbook
    3. Install Android Market
    4. Upgrade to 2.0.0.6149
    5. Reinstall Android Market
    Last edited by ArchangelRiddlah; 01-02-2012 at 06:32 PM.
    Riddlah

Devices:
    Bold 9900 - BerryLicio.us Ultimate RC9 Alpha 1
    Torch 9860 - Official OS 7.1.0.714
    Blackberry Playbook - OS 2.1.0.560
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    PIN
    2810b6c6

Quote Originally Posted by ArchangelRiddlah View Post
    Android Market works fine on .6149; you need to reinstall the Android Market once you've upgraded to the latest version.

2. Root Playbook
    4. Upgrade to 2.0.0.6149
    sounds good. i think im gonna go for it tonight.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    127 Global Posts

so if I understand this correctly, you basically downgrade to 4869, root it, install market and when doing this, launcher and browser wont work, but dont worry about it? then upgrade OTA to 6149 and evrything should work?

next part of question, I rooted successfully , instaled market, but hung up on launcher, so this morning I wiped and it automatically dl 6149 for me. Question is, if I decide to try again and downgrade to 4869, will I have to root again? or is it done still? thanx
    Derek Van Horne

Blackberry Bold 9900
    Blackberry Playbook 32GB
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    817 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shadydvh View Post
    so if I understand this correctly, you basically downgrade to 4869, root it, install market and when doing this, launcher and browser wont work, but dont worry about it? then upgrade OTA to 6149 and evrything should work?

next part of question, I rooted successfully , instaled market, but hung up on launcher, so this morning I wiped and it automatically dl 6149 for me. Question is, if I decide to try again and downgrade to 4869, will I have to root again? or is it done still? thanx
    No you have to downgrade to 4869,root, side load sys.browser.bar and sys.android.bar, setup market on your playbook, then when everything is working you can upgrade to 6149 OTA and your root will stick
    Thanked by:
    s1xty9 (01-10-2012) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

This "fix" worked. Thank you. I had the same problem ("Initializing...") of Android Player freezing/crashing after I followed the 6149 to 4869 downgrade instructions, and then the How to install Android Marketplace instructions. So I downloaded the 6149 .rar (link a few posts back), extracted sys.android.bar and sys.browser.bar, then used dpbb to sideload them. Then I went through those marketplace instructions again with winscp. Note: I used an ICS bar that I found (not HC). After rebooting and running ICS Update, I was prompted for account info, etc. Marketplace seems to be working. I find the environment a bit strange. Not sure if it's right (i.e. that's the way ICS functions on PB) or not? (e.g. You have to keep using the arrow on the lower rhs of the android player - there's no way to jump immediately from app to app??? I can get a carousel of running apps, but navigation seems broken or limited?)

The only problem now is that I'm getting error 2032 when trying to get the update OTA. Not sure what I should do. Definitely want to go back to 6149.

Update: Well, I updated to 6149 via the Desktop Software because OTA is not working (still getting 2032). When I rebooted the PB, the Android stuff was still working, and I verified that it was still rooted, but when I went to the Market, it had "forgotten" my account info AND when I tried to setup the account again, it wouldn't let me. So once again I used winscp to do those few mods, and now everything is working.

Just for fun, I sideloaded HC too. HC looks much better than ICS. Perhaps the bar that I have for ICS isn't the right one? Because those 3 symbols that appear on the lower right hand side in HC do not appear when I use ICS. All in all, the navigation and limitations are disappointing, but I guess that's to be expected since it's just emulation.
    Last edited by slickvguy; 01-05-2012 at 06:40 AM.
    CrackBerry Newbie

thank you so much it worked from me.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    PIN
    2810b6c6

Quote Originally Posted by slickvguy View Post
    This "fix" worked. Thank you. I had the same problem ("Initializing...") of Android Player freezing/crashing after I followed the 6149 to 4869 downgrade instructions, and then the How to install Android Marketplace instructions. So I downloaded the 6149 .rar (link a few posts back), extracted sys.android.bar and sys.browser.bar, then used dpbb to sideload them. Then I went through those marketplace instructions again with winscp. Note: I used an ICS bar that I found (not HC). After rebooting and running ICS Update, I was prompted for account info, etc. Marketplace seems to be working. I find the environment a bit strange. Not sure if it's right (i.e. that's the way ICS functions on PB) or not? (e.g. You have to keep using the arrow on the lower rhs of the android player - there's no way to jump immediately from app to app??? I can get a carousel of running apps, but navigation seems broken or limited?)

The only problem now is that I'm getting error 2032 when trying to get the update OTA. Not sure what I should do. Definitely want to go back to 6149.

Update: Well, I updated to 6149 via the Desktop Software because OTA is not working (still getting 2032). When I rebooted the PB, the Android stuff was still working, and I verified that it was still rooted, but when I went to the Market, it had "forgotten" my account info AND when I tried to setup the account again, it wouldn't let me. So once again I used winscp to do those few mods, and now everything is working.

Just for fun, I sideloaded HC too. HC looks much better than ICS. Perhaps the bar that I have for ICS isn't the right one? Because those 3 symbols that appear on the lower right hand side in HC do not appear when I use ICS. All in all, the navigation and limitations are disappointing, but I guess that's to be expected since it's just emulation.
    I'm glad to hear you got everything working. I agree with that everytime you're running an android app you have to back out to get to the home screen. But then I guess that's why we have blackberries. I think it takes a lot of tweaking to get it where its working pretty good. But I can see why people are going towards android, there's a sh*tload of apps! Its awesome to be able to OTA install them to the PB right from the market.
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    ASK-YA-BOY

2. Root Playbook
    4. Upgrade to 2.0.0.6149
    Bro You are the Ish!!! This Worked for me. Finally I am able to load the App Market
    Thanks!!!
    Last edited by GNICE; 01-05-2012 at 12:41 PM.
    GNICE N!66@!!!!
    CrackBerry Newbie

2. Root Playbook
    4. Upgrade to 2.0.0.6149
    Well.... I've been messing with this for about 8 hours straight lol. Went to the latest Beta not realizing they nerfed it already. Downgraded back to 4869, rooted, installed Honeycomb_Launcher_Rebuild.bar, would not run (got the same initialization error). It did however run but not work correctly with the 6149. Went back to 1.08xxx, upgraded to 4869, rooted, isntalled Honeycomb_Launcher_Rebuild.bar. Upgraded to 6149, root did not stick, installed honeycomb_launcher, app would open again and not function properly.

Back to 1.08xxxx, up to 4869, rooted, Honeycomb_Launcher_Rebuild.bar and same issue. Tried a different BAR to make sure it wasn't the launcher version - ADW_Launcher_EX_v1.3.3.1.bar - same issue.

Please help. I hate this thing already. I want to use my sling box mobile. Thanks in advance.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default One little problem

Quote Originally Posted by Tony2255 View Post
    No you have to downgrade to 4869,root, side load sys.browser.bar and sys.android.bar, setup market on your playbook, then when everything is working you can upgrade to 6149 OTA and your root will stick
    Ok I have been following along and doing everything right, but I can't figure out how to extract sys.android.bar and sys.browser.bar
    I know I need to sideload them using DDPB and then update to 6149, but I cannot for the life of me figure out what you guys are doing to get a hold of what I need to side load.
    Help a rookie out, please.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by DJayme View Post
    Ok I have been following along and doing everything right, but I can't figure out how to extract sys.android.bar and sys.browser.bar
    I know I need to sideload them using DDPB and then update to 6149, but I cannot for the life of me figure out what you guys are doing to get a hold of what I need to side load.
    Help a rookie out, please.
    There's a link to a complete 4869 .rar file earlier in the thread. Download it and extract the .bar files. I don't know that sys.browser.bar is necessary. I'd try it w/ just sys.android.bar first.
    Thanked by:
    DJayme (01-15-2012) 
    DJayme likes this.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts

No need for huge file on rapidshare. The sys.browser.bar and sys.android.bar files only 42mb:
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SM4GSEFK
    From: http://crackberry.com/having-trouble...arket-playbook
    Last edited by wozhere; 01-09-2012 at 09:43 AM.
    Thanked by 2:
    kewlbuddy (01-13-2012),  powderbanks (01-09-2012) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    32fcee58

^ after a long day of trying, finally got it all working. 2.0.0.6149 and android market are good. what i finally did to make it work:

1) factory reset to 1.0.8.x
    2) auto-update to 2.0.0.6149 during setup (already signed up for beta)
    3) rollback to 2.0.0.4869
    4) root playbook
    5) sideload sys.browser.bar and sys.android.bar from wozhere's post
    6) install and sign-in to android market (i installed a few apps before i moved on)
    7) update to 2.0.0.6149 via dm
    8) re-do winscp steps from tutorial

and all is working just fine with the latest beta and android market. the only thing that seems to have gotten wonky is the wallpaper in the honeycomb launcher is now just black. not a big deal since it's working, but just kind of odd

after getting all the root/market to work i just went back into dm and restored my media and apps. the media i added via wifi sharing didn't make it in the backup/restore, but not hard to put that back on. apps it was a lot faster loading them all back on that way than through app world
    Last edited by powderbanks; 01-10-2012 at 10:14 AM.
    Thanked by:
    kewlbuddy (01-13-2012) 
    CrackBerry Newbie

How do you install Android Market again?
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by powderbanks View Post
    ^ after a long day of trying, finally got it all working. 2.0.0.6149 and android market are good. what i finally did to make it work:

1) factory reset to 1.0.8.x
    2) auto-update to 2.0.0.6149 during setup (already signed up for beta)
    3) rollback to 2.0.0.4869
    4) root playbook
    5) sideload sys.browser.bar and sys.android.bar from wozhere's post
    6) install and sign-in to android market (i installed a few apps before i moved on)
    7) update to 2.0.0.6149 via dm
    8) re-do winscp steps from tutorial

and all is working just fine with the latest beta and android market. the only thing that seems to have gotten wonky is the wallpaper in the honeycomb launcher is now just black. not a big deal since it's working, but just kind of odd

after getting all the root/market to work i just went back into dm and restored my media and apps. the media i added via wifi sharing didn't make it in the backup/restore, but not hard to put that back on. apps it was a lot faster loading them all back on that way than through app world
    Powder-

At what point are you adding the Google Apps system files, and are you deleting startupwizard, and executing the two scripts?
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    32fcee58

between steps 5 and 6

the first time through (on *.4869) i sideloaded sys.browser.bar and sys.android.bar first, then sideloaded honeycomb launcher. i opened hcl launcher on the playbook, and chose honeycomb launcher. closed that on my playbook, then i opened up winscp installed the google apps, deleted the startupwizard and executed those scripts. after a reboot, open up hcl again, sign into the market with your acct. info. i dont know if it makes a difference, but i downloaded and installed an app.

after updating to *.6149, reconnected through dingleberry ssh and redid the winscp steps from the crackberry guide; copy google apps, delete startupwizard and execute scripts
    CrackBerry User

hello powder , after sideloading the sys.browser.bar and sys.android.bar it work in 4869 , but after i upgrade to 6139 I ssh again and connect winscp and do the samething again , but my HCL is not working , any suggestion ?
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    32fcee58

hmm..did you log into android market before upgrading to 6139? rim blocked the account something or other in 6139, so if you didn't before, you can't. but if you sign in on 4869 then upgrade, it should carry over to 6139.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by slickvguy View Post
    There's a link to a complete 4869 .rar file earlier in the thread. Download it and extract the .bar files. I don't know that sys.browser.bar is necessary. I'd try it w/ just sys.android.bar first.
    Alright I've got android up and running, but the marketplace isn't in the app list. Is it something I forgot to do in early steps of installing android? I'm still on .4869 and don't want to upgrade until I log onto marketplace, but market place isn't an option.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts

Dingleberry 2.11 & 3.0 & 3.0.1. already updated to 3.0.2 so please re-download if you have not rooted yet.
    Dingleberry jailbreak
    ------------------------------
    Install Android Market on but first see my last line below:
    http://crackberry.com/how-install-an...berry-playbook

but I had to reinstall sys.android.bar using DDPB as the folder:
    sys.android.[really_long_string_of_characters specific to each PB].ns
    was missing, so install it as well as a launcher like honeycomb (HCL etc from playbookbars.com) first as the above guide suggests. sys.android.bar is available from my previous post a few lines above if you still havent got it yet or just click:
    MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
    (file source: http://crackberry.com/having-trouble...arket-playbook)
    CrackBerry Newbie

I have been able to successfully load HCL and ICS launcher and launch them but neither of them contain an icon for Android market! Very weird. Did I miss a step or something?

Right now I cannot even set up an account and gain access to the market.

Any suggestions?

I am running 2.0.0.4869
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    2208BF1A

Got same problem too here, wondering how to get the BlackBerry PlayBook Android Runtime working on the PlayBook. For you guys that wondering how, I got a pack of Android installation includes: BBH Tool Alpha, Dingleberry 3.3.3, BARs required in installation (ADWLauncher EX, ICS Launcher, HC Launcher, sys.android.bar, restore.android.bar, Android Calendar, Android Contacts, Android Browser, Android PDF Viewer, Android Video Player, Dropbox, WhatsApp, Skype BETA, MTG Deck Forge, MTG Familiar), Extra BARs for PlayBook (Angry Birds Space.bar, Monopoly.bar), PuTTYgen, Paegeant, WinSCP, DDPB Installer (1.0.7, 1.0.8, 1.0.9). I will attach it if other people's suggestion can help. Sorry guys, I'm not meant to be rude, but, I'm a PlayBook Geek and I really want Android on my PlayBook.

Any suggestion would be helpful.
    Thanks In Advanced.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12