Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Darlaten
  • 1 Post By rickgainsmith
    CrackBerry Genius

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default ZinioUK - Playbook App

Hi everyone,

Hopefully this will work (I'm not that good at inserting links for some reason) but ZinioUK tweeted an hour ago roughly that they are now letting people sign up for notification of when their Playbook App is going to be available.

Twitter <--their main twitter page

Form <--this is the link that was in the twitter message that takes you to a registration page.

Good to see little bits of information coming out for this app.
    The Z10 will be my last BB phone; switching platforms.
    Thanked by 3:
    blkitr (10-01-2011),  chi-town311 (09-28-2011),  zee921 (09-07-2011) 

Global Posts
    30,840 Global Posts
    PIN
    PIN:K Floyd!

signed up!!!
    CrackBerry Abuser

At least some positive progress!
    CrackBerry Genius

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

I think everyone should sign up - let them know that there is demand/want for the app. Oh, they've also posted now the links to the registration page on their
    Facebook page. Again, if your a fan of the app, make sure you comment on the facebook page to say thanks.

Personally, eventhough, there are many apps missing, the avaiability of Zinio for magazine subscriptions will really complete my tablet. Cant wait till this occurs.
    Thanked by:
    chi-town311 (09-28-2011) 
    chi-town311 likes this.
  5. RWD
    CrackBerry Abuser

Signed up from the FB page, and am now twiddling my thumbs waiting...
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    592 Global Posts

Signed up. Thanks OP!
    Hook 'Em Horns!

8700 -> 8310 (Curve) -> 9530 (Storm) -> 8310 (Curve) -> 9700 (Bold2) -> 9800 (Torch) -> iPhone 4S
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    355 Global Posts

Default Nice!!

Hope this comes out soon! This will fill a big void between IPad and the PlayBook.
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    31006AFC

Signed, sealed and delivered....lol...thanks for this.

Global Posts
    30,840 Global Posts
    PIN
    PIN:K Floyd!

CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    PIN
    283F6F5D

Signed up, this would be a big tempter for me to buy a Playbook having tried Zinio on the Xoom, is the 7" going to be large enough to read magazines though?
    CrackBerry Genius

Wow, this is ridiculous....I was surfing on the precentral forums (got one of the file sale Touchpads to play around with...much prefer the PB though) and saw this:

Zinio - availability? - Page 5 - PreCentral Forums

apparently the Touchpad Zinio app is already done and with HP...here's the statement from Zinio's CMO:

hey all,

just a quick update that our app is with HP right now for final authorization! Shouldnt be long now (hoping for 48 hours or less!)

(Im the Zinio CMO btw jmullen@Zinio.com)

Have a great week

Pretty sad that the Zinio app for a possibly DEAD OS is going to be released earlier than the one for the PB....
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by greatwiseone View Post
    Wow, this is ridiculous....I was surfing on the precentral forums (got one of the file sale Touchpads to play around with...much prefer the PB though) and saw this:

Zinio - availability? - Page 5 - PreCentral Forums

apparently the Touchpad Zinio app is already done and with HP...here's the statement from Zinio's CMO:

hey all,

just a quick update that our app is with HP right now for final authorization! Shouldnt be long now (hoping for 48 hours or less!)

(Im the Zinio CMO btw jmullen@Zinio.com)

Have a great week

Pretty sad that the Zinio app for a possibly DEAD OS is going to be released earlier than the one for the PB....
    Is not about the dead tablet is how easy they can work on coding and stuff that matters.

Think of you if you are good at something how likely is for you to finish that job faster, than the job you never saw before and try to fished but you don't know how to start.

The same thing apply's to this new PB zinio app

CHEERS!
    An Error doesn't become a mistake until you refuse to Correct it.

CrackBerry Genius

Thread AuthorThread Author   #13  

Sigh...Zinio just tweeted that the WebOS version is now ready for release. Hopefully (rolling my eyes) this means they can now turn their attention to finishing and releasing the Playbook version. Although to be fair, I haven't seen Zinio respond to tweets recently in terms of questions regarding the Playbook; hopefully this doesn't mean that something has changed with their plans to release this app.
    CrackBerry Genius

yeah, that's what I saw from the webOS forums. Interestingly though, it's taking a while to make it onto the Apps Catalogue and touchpad users have been complaining about how long HP is taking with approval (much like criticisms on RIM)...
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,090 Global Posts

Signed Up!
    battery likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    PIN
    283F6F5D

Quote Originally Posted by Darlaten View Post
    Sigh...Zinio just tweeted that the WebOS version is now ready for release. Hopefully (rolling my eyes) this means they can now turn their attention to finishing and releasing the Playbook version. Although to be fair, I haven't seen Zinio respond to tweets recently in terms of questions regarding the Playbook; hopefully this doesn't mean that something has changed with their plans to release this app.
    It wouldn't surprise me if Zinio is being held back for OS 2.0, and some kind of PB marketing "relaunch" looks like finally theres some gaming coming on board via EA and a good Zinio App would also be a reason for folk to pickup the Playbook.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,090 Global Posts

I have a feeling a lot of developers that have Android apps are waiting to see what Rim do with the Android Player.

Once its released I expect a heap more apps.