I'm in Bahrain right now... but it does matter? I mean, I thought that is the essence of internet and I'm using visa card that is internationally accepted...
    Regions always matter...
    04-05-12 03:59 PM
    Have you tried changing the store? In the app, the German one is set as standard for me, but there is the option to change it to one's liking. I made purchases (website) from both, the German and the US newsstand (National Geographic was cheaper in the US) and had no problems doing so.
    For changing it on the website click on the flag in the upper right corner; no need for a proxy.
    Last edited by Rjinswand; 04-05-12 at 04:20 PM.
    04-05-12 04:15 PM
    Never mind all this, Both me and the wife registered in the uk and neither of us have got the $25 freebie... got but $10 get $10 but thats all. I have lined up $50 of mags that I want but am not doing anything until they make good on their promise

(Have link to send email saying not got the $25 and have done so)

Cheers
    04-05-12 04:33 PM
    only problem ive had with zinio is no cover images and no tabbed view images still
    ive tried deleting, reinstalling, application permissions, 3 button resets, signing in and out...nothing changes this. kind of aggravating especially where covers work in the shop section but not the read section -_-

04-05-12 05:42 PM
    Has anyone else had a problem with their $25 free gift for joining zinio at the playbook app launch? I tried entering my code into the website, the app, the uk and the us stores (all combinations) and I got returned an error saying my code didn't exist.

Gutted Hasn't stopped me using the app - downloaded a handful of magazines already. It's just a real shame I couldn't dive headfirst into the subscription side of things quite yet.
    04-05-12 05:51 PM
    Has anyone else had a problem with their $25 free gift for joining zinio at the playbook app launch? I tried entering my code into the website, the app, the uk and the us stores (all combinations) and I got returned an error saying my code didn't exist.

Gutted Hasn't stopped me using the app - downloaded a handful of magazines already. It's just a real shame I couldn't dive headfirst into the subscription side of things quite yet.
    Did you check the expiration date at the bottom of the email? Maybe the code expired? Some people got codes expiring on March 31st. Mine were/are all April 30th.
    04-05-12 07:24 PM
    only problem ive had with zinio is no cover images and no tabbed view images still
    ive tried deleting, reinstalling, application permissions, 3 button resets, signing in and out...nothing changes this. kind of aggravating especially where covers work in the shop section but not the read section -_-

Click to view quoted image

That's really strange (and annoying). Do you see the same thing when you tap on Title? Send an email to Zinio help. They seem to be pretty good at getting back to people.
    04-05-12 07:59 PM

As cbvinh said, the coupon may have expired. You also needed to submit the form before the end of March... Nonetheless, Zinio has been really helpful. Try emailing them.
    04-05-12 08:01 PM
    That's really strange (and annoying). Do you see the same thing when you tap on Title? Send an email to Zinio help. They seem to be pretty good at getting back to people.
    yea its the same deal in all views. only area covers seem to work is in the shop section.
    i havent emailed zinio because i honestly dont think theres much more they can suggest for me besides a wipe n reinstall of everything (which i think i did right before or right after i first dl'd zinio) its been like this since the day the app got released.

maybe ill shoot them one anyways just to see what they say
    04-05-12 08:06 PM

Covers work for me.

James
    04-05-12 08:17 PM
    The $25 was initially set to expire on March 31. I don't know if they would extend it since there were definitely issues with getting it out to people in a timely fashion. You'd have to use their contact. In the US I called and got the $25. Never did get the $5 even though I called again and they were going to look into it.
    04-05-12 08:30 PM
    Emailed them several times a while ago for the credits and no reply's so far ahww shame.
    04-05-12 08:33 PM
    Emailed them several times a while ago for the credits and no reply's so far ahww shame.
    That's too bad.... Did you check your junk mail folder? I had to add them to my safe-sender list.
    04-05-12 08:46 PM
    Yep did double checked everything. i'm gonna go to a corner and cry me a river now.
    04-05-12 08:55 PM
    Covers work for me.

James
    boooooooo
    im jealous lol
    this is the only problem ive had since day one with zinio.
    i can still read the mags but as far as navigating thru the pages and covers visually is a no go

:\
    04-05-12 10:04 PM
    Does anyone know how big the average magazine is? Like how much space the average magazine takes up on the hard drive when you download it to the app?
    04-08-12 08:43 PM
    I finally got my credit. I signed up--never got credit. I used the form saying I never got credit---never got credit. Finally went to website and filled out a contact form saying I never got credit---they apologized and sent it to me with complete instructions on how to use it. It worked beautifully. I stressed out at first because the actual amount your card is charged (I owed $2) is hidden in the lower left while your total purchase price is in bright blue. I thought at first it didn't work. I finally found the "amount charged to card".

I got the Titanic issue of National Geographic. The pictures are gorgeous on the HD screen.

I find zooming in to read can be a little frustrating. The page seems to jump when you try and move the page to read additional parts of it in the zoom mode.
    04-09-12 06:27 AM
    Does anyone know how big the average magazine is? Like how much space the average magazine takes up on the hard drive when you download it to the app?

this is a guess but judging by how long it takes to download over my wifi which is about 30secs couldnt be more than 30 or 40mb

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    05-03-12 08:06 PM
    Sorry for reawakening this thread, but I had a bit of a surprise today. My latest issue of Maxim arrived today. I was using my android phone at the time so downloaded the Android Zinio app to see how it compares. I was quite surprised to see it's very different - you don't have to download a complete issue before reading, there are lots of sample articles to read to entice you to buy more magazines and the zooming functionality works great. Any ideas if the playbook client will be upgraded to have the same feature set? I seem to recall a Zinio employee was monitoring these posts so feel free to speak up and let us know!
    08-03-12 05:47 PM
    I'm not renewing any Zinio subs as the user experience is awful on the PlayBook. Heads up Zinio: you'll need to update your app to work in OS2.1 so lets see a refresh.
    08-03-12 07:07 PM
    Pixelmags has shown a demo of their BB10 app, let's hope Zinio is working on it too.

Sent from RIMpire BlackBerry 9900 using the force
    08-03-12 09:18 PM
    I'm not renewing any Zinio subs as the user experience is awful on the PlayBook. Heads up Zinio: you'll need to update your app to work in OS2.1 so lets see a refresh.
    The app works much better in OS 2.1 Beta than it did in the official 2.0.1.358 and 2.0.0.7971
    08-03-12 10:03 PM
447 ... 161718
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD