I see a Zinio shortcut after updating to 2.0 update and it's just a browser shortcut, there better be an actual app coming very soon!
    Last edited by junaid2pac; 02-21-12 at 05:35 AM.
    02-21-12 05:29 AM
    I don't even see the shortcut...
    02-21-12 06:31 AM
    I don't even see the shortcut...
    me neither..
    02-21-12 06:48 AM
    i dont have that shortcut.
    i was hoping it would be built-in, or at least released in appworld, its still early in the morning and i still have hope of seeing a few new apps appear as the day goes by

i contacted the zinio CMO this was the response i got.
    Attachment 103265
    02-21-12 07:12 AM
    Whole reason for keeping Playbook and waiting for V2. Hallo Ipad
    02-21-12 07:31 AM
    It was announced previously that a Zinio app was coming, just no date tho.
    02-21-12 07:33 AM
    This is absurd. I am really annoyed by this. Is it really that hard to write an adobe air app? They better be doing something off the hook with the playbook app, cause there is no reason it should take this long to develop an app. Waiting.....
    02-21-12 07:55 AM
    I also sent and received a tweet from Zinio.
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    02-21-12 12:33 PM
    I also sent and received a tweet from Zinio.
    Also eagerly awaiting that one. I think RIM is starting a marketing push now that OS2 is out; my hope is that this push will include major new app announcements (Kindle was specifically referred to on BestBuy Canada's website, for instance).

Hopefully such announcements won't be held up for too long...
    02-21-12 12:40 PM
    Also eagerly awaiting that one. I think RIM is starting a marketing push now that OS2 is out; my hope is that this push will include major new app announcements (Kindle was specifically referred to on BestBuy Canada's website, for instance).

Hopefully such announcements won't be held up for too long...
    check it again. key word is "was". It's not there anymore. They removed the kindle reference after a few hours.
    02-21-12 12:50 PM
    I was bored last night so I tried using print to go with a zinio magazine i had loaded on my PC. It worked. I now have a pdf version of PC Magazine on my PlayBook. Doesn't work for all magazines since you are not given the option to print all magazines.

It took a little while since the file size is pretty large. I was using the Zinio reader application for PC.

Not sure if anyone cars, but figured I would let you guys know.
    02-23-12 10:38 AM
    i bet thats whats expected for mwc and more but we'll see
    02-23-12 11:12 AM
    I was bored last night so I tried using print to go with a zinio magazine i had loaded on my PC. It worked. I now have a pdf version of PC Magazine on my PlayBook. Doesn't work for all magazines since you are not given the option to print all magazines.

It took a little while since the file size is pretty large. I was using the Zinio reader application for PC.

That is AWESOME!!! I'll have to try that out!
    02-23-12 11:20 AM
    Was there any word whether it will be an android or native app?
    02-23-12 12:56 PM
    This must be coming soon as there are loads of magazines on the UK Zinio site which now show "RIM" as a supported platform.

Its a native app I believe.
    Kosmann likes this.
    02-23-12 12:57 PM

Hmm, tried to give this a shot but on go. Nothing shows up on my Print2Go when I actually print from it. Anyone else get it to work?

Also I can only select the option to "print current page", the option to print all pages is greyed out for all of my mags. Does this mean it's disabled for these mags?

Anyway hopefully a fully working PB app comes soon... and here I was getting excited that I could finally have a decent use for this Print2Go app
    02-23-12 04:58 PM
    It's coming. Zinio tweeted as much. We saw sneak peak at CES. This isn't netflix or skype (where we have no idea if they are coming). I think it'll arrive in time for MWC or shortly thereafter.
    02-23-12 05:11 PM
    good news, we have an ETA (estimated time of arrival). lol
    Attachment 104011
    lomed7724 and cafemag like this.
    02-26-12 07:11 PM
    Looks like March is the month for Zinio... Thanks to Madoon who tweeted them.

Link
    02-26-12 10:11 PM
    Glad to see another big name app coming to the Playbook, although the few magazines I would actually be interested in reading are not available through Zinio.
    02-26-12 11:19 PM
    Must be getting closer to release, almost every magazine I click on on the UK Zinio store now show's the "RIM" icon under which platforms the magazine is available for.
    03-05-12 05:33 PM
    At least they are keeping users updated and letting us know it is coming. Great news!
    03-05-12 06:06 PM
    I can't wait, this is going to be fantastic!!
    03-05-12 07:58 PM
    I caved and got a two-yr subscription for the price of one and am using the web reader to read it... Can't wait for the official app!
    03-05-12 09:01 PM
    They said mid march so in a week or so plus we get free $25 because of our wait for so long.
    EricB1968 likes this.
    03-05-12 10:47 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD