I am looking for an app that would convert a series of scores into their standardized score equivalents, i.e., Z-scores.

Does anyone know if there is an app in App World that would allow a user to enter a series of data points - say up to 60 data points - that would then convert each point into their Z-score equivalents.

I'm imagining something visually like this, i.e., you would input all of the X scores into a column and then the app would calculate and display in a second column all of the Z-scores

X Scores z Scores

1 -1.25383
    2 -0.77159
    4 0.192897
    5 0.67514
    6 1.157383

The formula for converting X into Z is: (X - Mean)/sample standard deviation <-- I'm using sample standard deviation here instead of population as in my case, I'm normally only dealing with sample data and not population data.

In addition, it would be very helpful if the app could calculate X if z, mean, and sample standard deviation are known, i.e., the ability to take a z-score and convert it to an x-score.

The formula for this would be: X = Mean + zscore(sample standard deviation)

So, does anyone know of any app that can do this? If so, does anyone want to write an app that can do this?
    08-07-12 02:23 PM
    Can't you just do that in a spreadsheet or are there limitations to the Documents to Go spreadsheet?
    08-07-12 07:39 PM
    I am looking for an app that would convert a series of scores into their standardized score equivalents, i.e., Z-scores.

Does anyone know if there is an app in App World that would allow a user to enter a series of data points - say up to 60 data points - that would then convert each point into their Z-score equivalents.

I'm imagining something visually like this, i.e., you would input all of the X scores into a column and then the app would calculate and display in a second column all of the Z-scores

X Scores z Scores

1 -1.25383
    2 -0.77159
    4 0.192897
    5 0.67514
    6 1.157383

The formula for converting X into Z is: (X - Mean)/sample standard deviation <-- I'm using sample standard deviation here instead of population as in my case, I'm normally only dealing with sample data and not population data.

In addition, it would be very helpful if the app could calculate X if z, mean, and sample standard deviation are known, i.e., the ability to take a z-score and convert it to an x-score.

The formula for this would be: X = Mean + zscore(sample standard deviation)

So, does anyone know of any app that can do this? If so, does anyone want to write an app that can do this?
    There a student-t distribution app lol if it is of any help
    08-07-12 11:01 PM
    There a student-t distribution app lol if it is of any help
    Do you have any screen shots regarding your app? Also, which t-tests are included? For example, can you complete:

(i) single-sample t-test
    (ii) independent measures t-test
    (iii) repeated measures t-test

Oh, and by any chance, does the app include a calculation for effect size - say estimated d or r-squared?

Thanks for any feedback/information you can provide.

Oh, sorry, out of curiosity, which formula did you use for the t-test? Sorry for all the questions; I'm trying to figure out a stats app for psychology students and as you may know, psychology does it's statistics a little bit differently than other disciplines
    08-08-12 01:06 PM
    Do you have any screen shots regarding your app? Also, which t-tests are included? For example, can you complete:

(i) single-sample t-test
    (ii) independent measures t-test
    (iii) repeated measures t-test

Oh, and by any chance, does the app include a calculation for effect size - say estimated d or r-squared?

Thanks for any feedback/information you can provide.

Oh, sorry, out of curiosity, which formula did you use for the t-test? Sorry for all the questions; I'm trying to figure out a stats app for psychology students and as you may know, psychology does it's statistics a little bit differently than other disciplines
    I think you asked this question before
    08-08-12 01:53 PM
    I think you asked this question before
    I thought this conversation was vaguely familiar. I was hoping that this was a new app that I missed when looking for statistics apps. PS - I do like your t-test app though.
    08-08-12 01:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD