Some good news. YouVersion is coming to PB soon.

I use the YouVersion Bible on my Bold, and was looking for it on the PB. Sadly they didn't. Good thing there's the E-Mmanual Bible on Appworld, it's great as well and worth the price.

Got contacted by someone on the YouVersion team today:

Our developers are already hard at work on getting the PlayBook app ready! We have made some big improvements over the past few weeks. We need to make a few more tweaks and then we will be pushing it live to everyone! Be sure to follow the developments online at YouVersion | Engaging the Bible Through Technology where we will announce this major update towards the end of the year most likely.
    12-17-11 03:25 PM
    Very cool. Love it on my Torch 9850.
    12-17-11 06:07 PM
    this i good news.
    12-17-11 06:32 PM
    This would be great! In the meantime I am running the Android version on OS 2.0
    12-17-11 08:23 PM
    Great news! Looking forward to getting it for my PB.
    12-17-11 10:23 PM
    Thats GOOD news, I use it on my 9650 and the screen size of the PlayBook would enhance my ability to see and read
    12-17-11 10:36 PM
    Good news! I wish I would've check here first before emailing Youversion about the Playbook. I'm excited that it will be offered soon!
    12-27-11 09:46 AM
    Good news! I wish I would've check here first before emailing Youversion about the Playbook. I'm excited that it will be offered soon!
    The more emails the better, they'll know there is a demand for it.
    01-01-12 06:28 PM
    The Android player may be a factor, FYI.
    01-01-12 06:45 PM
    It would be nice if they come out with a native Playbook version, though the Android version seems to work fine for me on my Playbook. It has crashed a few times loading up, but normally after it gets loaded it is stable. I suspect this is more the Android app player than the Android Youversion.
    01-01-12 07:35 PM
    This is great news, its the best bible app for sure!
    01-01-12 09:20 PM
    I just emailed the YouVersion team today and I received a similar response, which I listed below. I was just getting ready to post the update until I saw a similar thread. It's a great resource that I use often when I teach Sunday school and for personal reading.

"Christena H, Jan-01 21:07 (CST):

Hello there, and thank you so much for contacting us!

Our developers are already hard at work on getting the PlayBook app ready! We have made some big improvements over the past few weeks. We need to make a few more tweaks and then we will be pushing it live to everyone! Be sure to follow the developments online at YouVersion | Engaging the Bible Through Technology where we will announce this major update in the next few weeks most likely.

If you have any more questions, please don’t hesitate to ask me!

Christena H
    YouVersion User Advocate
    English Team

Coachwarrington, Jan-01 10:34 (CST):

Youversion for Blackberry Playbook: To Whom It May Concern,

Is there any plan to develop a You Version app for the Blackberry Playbook? I have been enjoying the app for the blackberry phone for quite some time. It's a great tablet, that is gaining in support. Thanks for the response in advance.

Take care,

Jake
    Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry"
    01-01-12 09:23 PM
    Awesome! I recall emailing them a while back, so glad to see they've been working on it!
    01-02-12 02:57 PM
    The Android player may be a factor, FYI.
    It is, based on what they told me a few months ago. I emailed them, and the response I got said they were waiting for Android support.
    01-02-12 08:25 PM
    Very much looking forward to it. They have been one of the most active developers ever, but considering tbe message....it should be no other way.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-02-12 08:39 PM
    To me, it only makes sense that it is a native app. Android Player version would not need any tweaking, plus, a big developper like YouVersion has the resources for it. Finally, I can now enjoy a proper Bible on my PlayBookinstead of having to pull my BlackBerry and be tempted by all of the messages I receive.
    01-04-12 09:37 AM
    Looking forward to this one for PB - How do I download a version? | YouVersion Support

RIMM needs Gods Help!
    01-04-12 07:45 PM
    Just saw the Bible app in app world, not native, though. Submitted by Handster. I hope they bring an actual playbook version...
    02-08-12 11:59 PM
    I just checked appworld for youversion and it came up. I downloaded it and it works great! Just wanted to make the crackberry nation aware!
    02-22-12 05:17 PM
    I have been waiting for this one! Thanks for the heads up! This one has the talking Bible as well!
    02-22-12 08:34 PM
    why I can not find it?
    02-24-12 09:56 AM
    why I can not find it?
    Very odd: I had downloaded it a few days ago, found it buggy and deleted it. I saw your post and tried to find it again....no go! I tried every search title, including the name of the app itself (Bible by LifeChurch.tv) and nothing would come up. It's still in my "Uninstalled" folder, but cannot find it in App World. Maybe it's been taken out for maintenance?
    02-24-12 11:11 AM
    most likely because the app was submitted by Handster and not Youversion.
    02-27-12 08:55 AM
    It's back in Appworld, available for dnload. Enjoy to your hearts content. And yes, it runs on the android player. Not bad, not great either.
    03-12-12 11:26 AM
    I downloaded the YouVersion and it is excellent!!!
    03-12-12 01:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD