- CrackBerry User
- 66 Posts
xbmc for android, can someone port this please?
released this week was the first xbmc for android and although its in beta I would like to test it out and see if it works on the playbook. all of the info comes from xbmc.org and the .apk can be found at the download tab.
thanks for the help!
- CrackBerry Master
12-04-2012, 06:26 AM #2
- 1,109 Posts
Repackaging wont work, it uses native code. It would probably be better to port from the C/C++ codebase, but that would require a whole lot of work.
- CrackBerry Abuser
12-04-2012, 08:50 AM #3
- 154 Posts
It's been discussed before. Doesn't port, so can't be used on the Playbook. Needs to be a native application, though there was someone playing around with a potential build to work with BB10. Been a while since there was any status on that project.
Long story short, no XBMC on playbook.
- By davefootball123 in forum Android App SideloadingReplies: 35Last Post: 03-26-2012, 09:26 PM
- By trees247 in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xx ThemesReplies: 0Last Post: 09-02-2009, 08:32 AM
- By Hifever004 in forum BBOS WallpapersReplies: 3Last Post: 03-26-2009, 02:27 AM
- By M.Shea in forum BlackBerry ThemesReplies: 1Last Post: 11-22-2008, 01:46 AM
- By smokn05 in forum BlackBerry ThemesReplies: 7Last Post: 08-25-2008, 02:27 PM