Ten Best New Free Android Apps for BlackBerry PlayBook OS 2.0 - International Business Times

click on the link at the end of the passage where it says "running list" then click on the link for words with friend and download the files. This looks to have already been converted to a .bar file which was a plus, so I use ddpb to install the game and its working like a charm
    02-21-12 10:34 PM
    Yep. I side loaded it tonight and tried it out as well. Works fine. A bit slow mind you.
    02-21-12 10:59 PM
    Where are these bar files? I don't see them on the page... Thanks!
    02-22-12 02:13 AM
    its been working since developer betas been out ... lol
    02-22-12 06:16 AM
    So is it ever coming to app world?????????????? From what I read its a real pain to sideload things.
    Vector-SS likes this.
    02-22-12 06:31 AM
    I've just sideloaded with no problems at all. Have a search for ddpb on the forum, download that, and it's all simple. The .bar file cab be found around the forum as well.

I've had some android player crashes, but no worries other than that.
    02-22-12 07:21 AM
    Everything works except for changing a blank into the letter you want it to be.
    02-22-12 07:26 AM
    So is it ever coming to app world?????????????? From what I read its a real pain to sideload things.
    Sideloading is really easy. Search for "DDPBInstaler".
    02-22-12 07:44 AM
    Thanks guys ill try when i get home tonight
    02-22-12 08:13 AM
    thx, just sideloaded it and it seems to work
    02-22-12 08:21 AM
    Words with Friends looks pretty bad on the PB, not to mention quite laggy at times.

It works, but it certainly isn't ideal for the PB. It needs to be native or to be modified as an Android app.
    02-22-12 08:23 AM
    I just sideloaded this but I am stuck at the screen for "Have a Games with Friends account?" I can't seem to get past this part. Any help??

Edit:
    Nevermind I just closed the app and re-opened it and now it works fine.
    Last edited by compgen25; 02-22-12 at 09:19 AM. Reason: Update
    02-22-12 09:10 AM
    just make an official one already !!!! gosh
    dave1701 likes this.
    02-27-12 11:49 AM
    Everything works except for changing a blank into the letter you want it to be.
    I've had no problems with shifting a blank tile into the letter you want it to be and I've been fiddling around with this on the beta .7111 for about 3 weeks. I agree that it lags some, and will notify at odd times (I had it on my work phone, Android Galaxy S, for a while to test transmissions speed differences of phone vs PB; phone always won even when both were on the same WiFi), but all in all runs pretty well.

It even will give a '!' in the notification bar for when a new move was made, including what word your opponent played.
    02-27-12 01:46 PM
    There's a new bar been extracted that I found on this thread that seems to fix the blank tile lag.

http://forums.crackberry.com/android...ed-bar-703590/

Woop!!
    lomed7724 likes this.
    02-27-12 02:00 PM
    You'll want the 4.7 or later version. 4.5 is laggy as . 4.7 is laggy,too, but much better than 4.5. And the blank tile problem is typically not an issue on it. I've found that it lags/hangs when it tries to update in the middle of a play.
    02-27-12 03:29 PM
    This maybe a silly question. I got Words for Friends loaded and working. I was playing with the menu bar at the bottom. I slid the little slide switch over and it made that menu bar dissappear. Obvioulsy my question is... how do I get the menu bar back?
    02-27-12 04:06 PM
    swipe down from the top i think. (even if the top is the narrow side)
    BB_Phoenix likes this.
    02-27-12 04:34 PM
    swipe down from the top i think. (even if the top is the narrow side)
    I knew it was going to be something simple. I thought I had tried swiping everywhere.
    02-27-12 04:57 PM
    You guys are going to have to walk me through this whole side loading thing. We just got our playbook and have not even installed the desktop yet.
    02-27-12 05:32 PM
    I sideloaded Words With Friends on my PlayBook, but I'm having trouble getting it to start a game with someone in my contacts list. I don't use facebook, but I know that several people in my contacts play this game. Where is it looking for contacts? I thought it would be in the native contacts app, but that's not working for me.
    02-28-12 06:27 PM
    Only your Facebook contacts, a random opponent, or someone whose WWF ID you already know.
    lklim likes this.
    02-28-12 09:33 PM
    I just sideloaded this but I am stuck at the screen for "Have a Games with Friends account?" I can't seem to get past this part. Any help??

Edit:
    Nevermind I just closed the app and re-opened it and now it works fine.
    I'm stuck at this screen also, and re-opening it or even rebooting the PB doesn't change it. I enter my Facebook info, click connect and - nothing.

Any ideas?
    02-28-12 11:14 PM
    Why dont we have this as a native app yet. My god alot of people want it charge us 1.99 for it who cares just make it native.
    04-16-12 09:01 PM
    Its working but the app constantly hang (not responding) and you need to exit the program

- Charles
    04-16-12 10:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD