As far as i know (correct me if I am wrong), once 2.0 comes around people (non techie consumers) will not be able to sideload Android apps on QNX, a developer that has created an app for Android can convert their app to one compatible with QNX using RIM's tools for free.

Simple? But what happens if a developer has no interest in having their app converted? Maybe due to support, licensing issues, or they just think RIM is dead and why waste their time?

That being said is there any word yet on which apps have already been converted (officially)? When Android support does come in February will it also include those much waited for apps at the same time?

If an app is free on Android can/will RIM just take the initiative and convert them or will they have to persuade a developer to do it?

Last, has there been any estimate on how many Android apps are ready for us once 2.0 comes around?
    12-06-11 08:51 PM
    Also known as steal the app?
    No.
    12-06-11 08:57 PM
    I guess it is still stealing even if its free.
    12-06-11 09:16 PM
    I guess it is still stealing even if its free.
    Mmm, Welcome to the BBXTeam Website - we have been helping convert apps and create fun apps for the pb. We have been planning to reach out to developers whos ports are working but we are low on resources.

When users move to OS2 you will find lots of bootlegged apps. But they run like bootlegged apps. And hopefully only the free applications.

But I would estimate 55-60 percent of apps port and run in some context. 35 to 40 percent run well.

Catallogue flr apkbar list right now is about 150 working 350 not working fully. But I anticipate developers will eventually release them properly later.
    12-07-11 12:10 AM
    There are far to many users who confuse 'free' with 'whatever I want to do'.

Only if an app is submitted by the author, or if the app is under a GPL/BSD/similar licence can it be resigned and released.

All "What if's...." are matters for the courts, and have no bearing.
    12-07-11 01:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD