Hey, folks....quick question...

After RIM deactivates the sideloading feature on a future update as they say (for non-developers), will existing sideloaded apps continue to work, or do we lose those as well?

Just curious...
    04-25-12 05:37 PM

After RIM deactivates the sideloading feature on a future update as they say (for non-developers)
    They haven't said that, they've said they won't stop sideloding.
    04-25-12 05:42 PM
    They haven't said that, they've said they won't stop sideloding.
    I'm pretty sure Alex Saunders made that clear...it's been all over the place, including here...did I get something wrong?

http://crackberry.com/future-blackbe...such-bad-thing
    Last edited by costas1966; 04-25-12 at 05:46 PM. Reason: add link
    04-25-12 05:45 PM
    He came out after to clarify that it would still be available for developers. So it may have some security feature, who knows, but it will still exist.
    04-25-12 08:32 PM
    04-25-12 09:32 PM
    What update are you referring to? 2.0.1.358? If so, my sideloaded apps are working just fine.
    04-25-12 09:36 PM
    He came out after to clarify that it would still be available for developers. So it may have some security feature, who knows, but it will still exist.
    Yes, I remember that...and as I am not a developer, I want to know whether or not I will be able to continue to use the converted apps I have already sideloaded, or will I lose that functionality after the update.
    04-25-12 10:16 PM
    Yes, I remember that...and as I am not a developer, I want to know whether or not I will be able to continue to use the converted apps I have already sideloaded, or will I lose that functionality after the update.
    Yes, you will be able to use the apps that you sideloaded after the update. Second, RIM is NOT planning to limit sideloading to developers only. Third, RIM has announced plans to encrypt apps purchased from app world so those apps will not be able to be sideloaded, at least by anyone other than the purchaser (doesn't really seem like they've done this yet though). Fourth, android apps that have been converted to bar by members of this board and others will remain sideloadable.
    04-25-12 10:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD