I know that strictly speaking, Playbooks weren't directly impacted by the outage, but most owners also have blackberry smartphones.

Why wouldn't RIM make gift apps available for the Playbook? I already had all the apps i wanted on my Torch, and would have far more utility downloading pb apps.
    12-25-11 01:40 PM
    PB was not affected by the outage. Plus a lot of the apps available as a free gift are not even available for PB.
    Barljo likes this.
    12-25-11 01:49 PM
    PB was not affected by the outage. Plus a lot of the apps available as a free gift are not even available for PB.
    if bridge email isnt working, thenthe vast majority of pb users are also impacted.

I'm just saying that i don't need apps for my Torch, but i for one would have really valued some apps for the pb.

while rim is trying to make good for its servicefailure, it doesn't seem like too much of a stretch to include playbook apps.
    12-25-11 02:11 PM
    2.0 should make up for it
    12-25-11 06:23 PM
    Why will 2.0 make up for it....will RIM be providing more Native apps (I'm fine with bridge email, calendar, etc.), or will they be providing free apps through app world?
    01-02-12 12:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD