I just downloaded the scrapbook. Well, it's kind of slick but for me it's a combination of two negative influences :

1) Less powerful features than the native Paint of Windows 95. You can't change the color of letters for instance - how nice is that for a graphic app ?

2) A silly easy-to-use interface that seems inspired from the total newbie features of Apple. For instance you can see your creations nicely dangling from a rope but you can't save them where you want with the name you want.

Plus it's of course like many other apps severely handicapped by the incapacity to browse for your images in your folders. I have about 1k images personally, all logically arranged into folders.

I'm just wondering how old the guys at TAT actually are. 6 year old ? It really looks like a toy : "Right Tommy you added your flowers picture and you could write Happy Birthday, let's upload it to your facebook page so Grandma will be happy to see it".

I find it hard to believe there is so much work to do to make OS2 satisfying, and they actually spent time on that ??? They couldn't have used the same budget to make folders viewable from all apps ???

Sometimes I wonder what they are thinking...
    04-02-12 05:18 PM
    Man you really try your best to trollololol this forum...
    04-02-12 05:26 PM
    I'm pretty sure they added the ability to view folders. Hit the folder icon. I know that is probably a bit complicated, but they can't please everyone.
    04-02-12 06:42 PM
    Scrapbook is awsome. My kids like it and the simplicity is the draw. If you wanna doodle the day away, knock yourself out. But faster is better when it comes to a create and share app.
    04-02-12 07:20 PM
    It's the first app I got and the one my my family has enjoyed the most. Kid friendly but looks good when uploaded to Facebook.
    SnoozerBold likes this.
    04-02-12 07:33 PM
    I'm pretty sure they added the ability to view folders. Hit the folder icon. I know that is probably a bit complicated, but they can't please everyone.
    Ah yes sorry about that I hadn't seen the Folders button.

I must also acknowledge that this app doesn't clutter the screen with buttons as the mail and calendar apps do.

Ok I'm glad some people immediately came to the defense line and said that it's ok to spend time and money on a kids' app, while there are features regarding filtering and synchronization that are still missing in the mail app.

So tell me : RIM should concentrate on the professional markets or on the kids market ? Do tell me because I don't understand anymore. Maybe the real target is businessmen kids ?
    04-02-12 08:05 PM
    I have not used this app. What is it's purpose?
    Last edited by Hgouck; 04-02-12 at 08:12 PM.
    04-02-12 08:06 PM
    I've used scrapbook to make presentation slides, it kinda looked cool. People who saw my slides liked it. The only problem is that the app don't support copy paste so you'll have to manually type and the text is limited to 2 lines. Seriously awesome app, wasted by TAT.
    04-02-12 09:09 PM
    I have not used this app. What is it's purpose?
    watch this video starting at 2:00
    KermEd likes this.
    04-02-12 09:54 PM
    Hgouck,
    The purpose of the app is to be able to quickly create some pretty neat scrapbook type cards you can post on facebook or to show on slides or pics.

The OP does not seem to like it but it has TAT written all over it and I love it. From the natural swing of the cards to quickly adjusting the size of images and backgrounds. Everything is easy and pretty cool in my view.
    I also love the fact that it is free. I've gotten a few people to get Playbooks after reviewing a few facts and they seem to like it as well. I would keep in mind that there are now over a million people using Playbooks and there will be millions more so an easy app may not appeal to some but it certainly is worth a look. Especially if you use facebook, which by the way, is pretty awesome on the Playbook.

I think people should download it and try it a few times. If the like it they got something for nothing and if the don't just delete it. I'm not sure what the point of the OP is really.
    04-02-12 10:08 PM
    Sorry OP, I am confused on why you posted this here. I have downloaded about 10 apps in the past that I think useless, but I don't see that as the developer's fault. Some apps are not for everyone.

Sent from BlackBerry Bold 9900 website
    BerryClever, Denus and SnoozerBold like this.
    04-02-12 10:28 PM
    Whether this is trolling or complaining, the epic low has been reached with this one. This site sometimes reminds me of the Hater's Ball on the Chappelle show.

"We are here to host the most prestigious verbal abusers on the planet".

And yes, I like and have downloaded Scrapbook.
    SnoozerBold likes this.
    04-02-12 11:11 PM
    They made scrapbook because a lot of people were asking RIM to do so. Highly doubtful that TONS of people at TAT spent TONS of time on Scrapbook. A ton of people were asking for the weather app too.

Like many other people, I want cascades to be out NOW. But, in addition to just building the Cascades tools (which involves building on top of QNX and using Qt), TAT's building the UI interface of BB10. There are only so many people at TAT, and RIM needs to allocate resources appropriately.

We are a month away from BB World. Hopefully we'll see something exciting (rather than the lack of progress we saw at Devcon Americas).
    04-02-12 11:24 PM
    I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that the Scrapbook app was probably developed by a couple of people - not like the entire team worked on Scrapbook and Scrapbook alone, and that's why the other aspects of the PlayBook aren't perfect.

As for the purpose of it, I agree with the others about it being a fun and easy way to display your pictures on Facebook, Twitter, email, etc. The PlayBook has a camera, it's nice to be able to throw together some pics in a creative way and send them off without needing to transfer them to a computer first. Combine it with some of the photo editing apps for the PlayBook, and it's super versatile and useful.
    lotuslanderz and PatrickMJS like this.
    04-02-12 11:53 PM
    I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that the Scrapbook app was probably developed by a couple of people - not like the entire team worked on Scrapbook and Scrapbook alone, and that's why the other aspects of the PlayBook aren't perfect.

As for the purpose of it, I agree with the others about it being a fun and easy way to display your pictures on Facebook, Twitter, email, etc. The PlayBook has a camera, it's nice to be able to throw together some pics in a creative way and send them off without needing to transfer them to a computer first. Combine it with some of the photo editing apps for the PlayBook, and it's super versatile and useful.
    Actually I didnt really appreciate Scrapbook (had used it a couple of times) until I saw this thread:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...ctures-711262/

Awesome creativity!
    04-03-12 12:14 AM
    I love Scrapbook... Nuff said.
    04-03-12 12:23 AM
    It was my understanding actually that they spent almost NO time on that app. They threw it together as a "proof of concept" for some demo show like TAT has such a bad rap for doing and people liked it so much and kept asking for it that they polished it just enough to justify calling it a complete app and putting it in app world. The fact that it even got a 2.0 release was something of a bonus. Search the forums from before it was released. There were a lot of people wanting to know where the scrapbook app was. It was never intended for release.
    SnoozerBold and Bakamushi like this.
    04-03-12 02:26 AM
    It was my understanding actually that they spent almost NO time on that app. They threw it together as a "proof of concept" for some demo show like TAT has such a bad rap for doing and people liked it so much and kept asking for it that they polished it just enough to justify calling it a complete app and putting it in app world. The fact that it even got a 2.0 release was something of a bonus. Search the forums from before it was released. There were a lot of people wanting to know where the scrapbook app was. It was never intended for release.

Yes that's what I suspected.

In fact, more generally, the only thing they are doing seriously is developing BB10, and we playbook owners are getting some swarfs that fall from the work table.
    04-03-12 03:03 AM
    It's funny, the original poster came to complainant trash tat over this program and just going by the replies people have made I've decided to download the program and check it out.
    Thanks.
    04-03-12 04:53 AM
    It's funny, the original poster came to complainant trash tat over this program and just going by the replies people have made I've decided to download the program and check it out.
    Thanks.

This thread actually got more people to download the app.
    haha this to the OP is like Dave Chappelle Show "When keeping it real goes wrong" now its " When trolling goes wrong"
    Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    04-03-12 07:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD