To the best of my knowledge, the Playbook BBXTeam is currently comprised of:

• myself
    • KernEd
    • DangerMouseUK
    • Innovatology
    • xsacha
    • HaTaX
    • lyricidal
    • erandhawa

Presently, none of us, again, to the best of my knowledge, purchased playbookbars.com. However, we have found that it is directing to our public Google Doc.

While we do not object to linking to the Doc, we do take issue with someone staking claim to our work.

If this was done by someone on the team and forgot to tell us, just lemme know so we can track it accordingly. However, if this was purchased by anyone else, I ask that you contact someone from the above team as soon as possible.
    10-27-11 01:01 PM
    I'll let you guys know if I hear anything.
    technomensch likes this.
    10-27-11 01:09 PM
    That being said, we are also always on the look-out for new members, hackers, testers, OPs, Mods, etc...

Anything to help pull the potential out of the Playbook. Just let one of us know if you're interested.
    KermEd likes this.
    10-27-11 01:18 PM
    I'm always down to help out however I can.
    KermEd likes this.
    10-27-11 01:20 PM
    I'm going to go out on a limb here and say KermEd, since his sig is currently linking to that site?
    10-27-11 01:22 PM
    Count me in too. My limited but eager abilities are at your service.
    10-27-11 01:28 PM
    To the best of my knowledge, the Playbook BBXTeam is currently comprised of:

• myself
    • KernEd
    • DangerMouseUK
    • Innovatology
    • xsacha
    • HaTaX
    • lyricidal
    • erandhawa

Presently, none of us, again, to the best of my knowledge, purchased playbookbars.com. However, we have found that it is directing to our public Google Doc.

While we do not object to linking to the Doc, we do take issue with someone staking claim to our work.

If this was done by someone on the team and forgot to tell us, just lemme know so we can track it accordingly. However, if this was purchased by anyone else, I ask that you contact someone from the above team as soon as possible.
    I didn't know you all had formed a team. Did you all meet on here and get together? Or were you a team before there was a playbook?
    Is there a list of your apps? Have you done apps individually or as a team? How long have you been a team? Sorry for the questions but...

I may have commercial projects. Is there a common contact area for everyone or do you all work individually on individual projects? Do you collaborate on single apps? What makes you a team? How do you work together/ Questions questions ... sorry - I'm excited seems like an awesome idea.
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 10-27-11 at 01:40 PM.
    10-27-11 01:30 PM
    I didn't know you all had formed a team. Did you all meet on here and get together? Or were you a team before there was a playbook?
    Is there a list of your apps? Have you done apps individually or as a team? How long have you been a team? Sorry for the questions but...

I may have commercial projects. Is there a common contact area for everyone or do you all work individually on individual projects? Do you collaborate on single apps? What makes you a team? How do you work together/ Questions questions ... sorry - I'm excited seems like an awesome idea.
    The "rebels" have a name now:

http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...nk-you-663405/
    10-27-11 02:13 PM

Hmm what are they rebelling against?
    10-27-11 03:15 PM
    Hmm what are they rebelling against?
    I don't know exactly who technomensch and company are battling but I presume it's the forces of the wicked RIMPIRE. My research indicates that they came together to defeat the evil ones and, by unleashing the mystical powers of the mighty PlayBook, make the world a better place for one and all.
    10-27-11 03:55 PM

1) We're rebelling against the RIMpire.

2) We started here in the forums. At first, it was a cluster-f# with 2 of us working together, consistently updating our posts with new Applications. It got to be incredibly cumbersome to constantly weed through the posts, so we created the Google Docs (which yes, is owned by me), and I built the form at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...V1Z0E6MQ#gid=0 which posts to automatically to the spreadsheet.

3) KernEd didn't buy playbooksbar.com. We've spoken on BBM and off-forum. He thought one of us bought it. He owns bbxteam.com which is where our site is tentatively going to be hosted. We're looking at a hybrid of Joomla & MediaWiki, but open to options.

4) If you look at the source code of playbookbars.com, the Google Docs is being displayed in an "iframe" with an advert included in it. To us who've work hard on it, and for you, the loyal crackberry family, I would think that's a little bit of an insult. Since I personally am the owner of the Google Doc, I take offense to someone else trying to take credit, and possibly make any financial gain, from our work. That is why I am anxious to find out who bought the domain name. If any of you know a way to tell Google Docs not to allow embedding/linking, I'm open to it. I couldn't find anything in their HELP/SUPPORT docs.

5) So far- me, KernEd, and DangerMouseUK have been the most active. I've sent invites to most of the others and all but 3 have signed in. However, we haven't heard from them since. I think some are off doing their own thing, but are willing to help out if we need them.

6) We're currently organizing off-forum. I've set up a Glasscubes account where we're tracking who is doing what, and communicating with each other, as well as through BBM.

7) At the moment, we're doing this project mostly because we want to get as much use out of the device as possible. That being said, if I knew how much we needed to raise, I was going to start a kickstart/peerbackers project to fund us. In the meantime, We'll put up a few affiliate links that I have accounts with as well as a PayPal donations link.

8) I've been unemployed for 7 months and have taken on, what seems to be, the Project Manager and Community Manager role. If we ever issue a press release or blog post, I have a feeling I'll be one doing it since I'm not that technical. We discussed distribution of funds, and that is between myself and those I've talked to. I can say publicly that any donations would first go towards hosting and domain registration, then time spent, work done, etc... We're not doing it for a profit, but after almost a week on it, I personally could use something to pay the bills. Again, that has been discussed amongst those active. We will be as completely transparent as possible.

That being said, if anyone wishes to donate to the cause, please PM me and I'll send you the address you can submit paypal funds to.

9) If you are interested in participating, please PM any of our members with your skillset, email address, BBM PIN, and what you think you can offer to the team.

I hope this clears up any issues or confusion that any of you might have. If you have any additional questions regarding the team, I'd be happy to answer them.

On a side note, I'd like to thank the mods and the rest of the crackberry team for being supportive of our cause.
    KermEd and tofo17 like this.
    10-27-11 04:04 PM
    Just a heads up, 312 has informed us he was the one who purchased it.

Nothing else to see here.
    10-27-11 06:38 PM
    Lol, all's well that ends well then.
    You're not really fighting the RIMpire, just the portion of it that wants to limit user control, right?
    10-27-11 11:15 PM
    see if this helps

Whois query for playbookbars.com...

Results returned from whois.internic.net:

Whois Server Version 2.0

Domain names in the .com and .net domains can now be registered
    with many different competing registrars. Go to InterNIC | The Internet's Network Information Center
    for detailed information.

Domain Name: PLAYBOOKBARS.COM
    Registrar: DOMAIN.COM, LLC
    Whois Server: whois.domain.com
    Referral URL: http://www.domain.com
    Name Server: NS1.312INC.COM
    Name Server: NS2.312INC.COM
    Updated Date: 21-oct-2011
    Creation Date: 21-oct-2011
    Expiration Date: 21-oct-2012

>>> Last update of whois database: Fri, 28 Oct 2011 13:57:00 UTC <<<

NOTICE: The expiration date displayed in this record is the date the
    registrar's sponsorship of the domain name registration in the registry is
    currently set to expire. This date does not necessarily reflect the expiration
    date of the domain name registrant's agreement with the sponsoring
    registrar. Users may consult the sponsoring registrar's Whois database to
    view the registrar's reported date of expiration for this registration.

TERMS OF USE: You are not authorized to access or query our Whois
    database through the use of electronic processes that are high-volume and
    automated except as reasonably necessary to register domain names or
    modify existing registrations; the Data in VeriSign Global Registry
    Services' ("VeriSign") Whois database is provided by VeriSign for
    information purposes only, and to assist persons in obtaining information
    about or related to a domain name registration record. VeriSign does not
    guarantee its accuracy. By submitting a Whois query, you agree to abide
    by the following terms of use: You agree that you may use this Data only
    for lawful purposes and that under no circumstances will you use this Data
    to: (1) allow, enable, or otherwise support the transmission of mass
    unsolicited, commercial advertising or solicitations via e-mail, telephone,
    or facsimile; or (2) enable high volume, automated, electronic processes
    that apply to VeriSign (or its computer systems). The compilation,
    repackaging, dissemination or other use of this Data is expressly
    prohibited without the prior written consent of VeriSign. You agree not to
    use electronic processes that are automated and high-volume to access or
    query the Whois database except as reasonably necessary to register
    domain names or modify existing registrations. VeriSign reserves the right
    to restrict your access to the Whois database in its sole discretion to ensure
    operational stability. VeriSign may restrict or terminate your access to the
    Whois database for failure to abide by these terms of use. VeriSign
    reserves the right to modify these terms at any time.

The Registry database contains ONLY .COM, .NET, .EDU domains and
    Registrars.Results returned from whois.domain.com:
    The information in this whois database is provided for the sole
    purpose of assisting you in obtaining information about domain
    name registration records. This information is available "as is,"
    and we do not guarantee its accuracy. By submitting a whois
    query, you agree that you will use this data only for lawful
    purposes and that, under no circumstances will you use this data
    to: (1) enable high volume, automated, electronic processes that
    stress or load this whois database system providing you this
    information; or (2) allow,enable, or otherwise support the
    transmission of mass, unsolicited, commercial advertising or