Who would be interested in caching slacker on the playbook? I just spoke with a rep and they basically said if enough people sign up for slacker paid services (i.e. the one that enables caching) they would make the option available to playbook owners.

Just some food for thought!
    04-19-12 06:33 PM
    More interested in bbm. Music on here for me.
    04-19-12 07:22 PM
    How would they know if a playbook user is using its paid service? Cause I would do this in a heartbeat.
    04-19-12 07:27 PM
    That would be like buying a PlayBook a year ago and expecting it to have native PIM apps by mid-summer 2011 because that's what we were told.

Every smart consumer knows that you don't buy stuff because of what it will do in the future, but you buy stuff by what it does now. Slacker should know this, so that rep is either very dumb, very ignorant, feeding you BS to get you to sign up, or a combination of all.
    04-19-12 07:34 PM
    ridesno159 you obviously have no idea on slacker works so please take your negativity somewhere else.

as for everyone else i was speaking with a rep and they told me that not enough playbook users are paid members and if more joined they would consider making the option available on the playbook....i suggested making a petition and show them how many playbook users would like this option available
    04-19-12 07:57 PM
    lex, they know by pin number
    04-19-12 07:58 PM
    Who would be interested in caching slacker on the playbook? I just spoke with a rep and they basically said if enough people sign up for slacker paid services (i.e. the one that enables caching) they would make the option available to playbook owners.

Just some food for thought!
    Their apps suck... I had the 1.2.9 PB app hang 3 different times right after installing it (just wouldn't progress to the next song).

The BB phone app has a problem where it gets stuck in a state where you can't ban or skip songs, it brings up the current advertisement in the browser instead.

No way I'm paying for their service when both of the apps they offer have been very problematic and their free service is a lot more annoying than pandora (double advertisements back to back, more frequent advertisements by FAR)....
    ridesno159 likes this.
    04-19-12 08:22 PM
    ridesno159 you obviously have no idea on slacker works so please take your negativity somewhere else.

as for everyone else i was speaking with a rep and they told me that not enough playbook users are paid members and if more joined they would consider making the option available on the playbook....i suggested making a petition and show them how many playbook users would like this option available
    You have obviously no idea how the real world works then. How was I not right in what I said? or does the truth really hurt that bad?

I used Slacker for quite some time a couple years ago, when caching was available to free users. After many issues, some were what papped talks about, I gave up and moved on. I attempted to contact them numerous to fix issues (beta tested their app for a while), but all my issues were always "we've never had that issue" even though I can see papped had those same ones.

They were never helpful and never did anything to even try to be helpful. So you go ahead buy your subscription and wait for them to "consider" offering you caching.

I hope it all works out for you...
    04-19-12 08:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD