Does anyone knows if any of major news applications (bloomberg/reuters/bbc etc) will ever arrive on the playbook?
    what about tapatalk?
    06-21-12 04:18 AM
    There's BlackBerry News, which is basically an aglomerator, to which you can add different RSS feeds.
    The Daily Express and a couple of other UK newspapers have apps too.

I'd suspect that others will come into the fold when BB10 is launched.

Si.
    06-21-12 05:06 AM
    News websites can be accessed easily thru browser. I use Start in Style app to setup access to multiple news websites. You can go to a specific news website category directly. Ie: Yahoo finance. You can elect to have your website password remembered.

This gives fast, efficient access to news websites worldwide. It is cleaner & faster than a bunch of news apps. PlayBook access to complex news websites is quicker than other options.
    06-21-12 06:43 AM
    Don't know if this is what you're looking for, but I've loaded AP Mobile, News360, CNN, PressReader, Pulse, CNET TV and News (Blackberry app).
    06-21-12 09:12 AM
    Browser is always good. I actually use Reader by Google, using the browser.
    06-21-12 09:47 AM
    A news aggregation app is a heck of a lot more efficient then having a ton of different apps filling up the main space. There are many in App World. Check it out.

No offense, but sometimes I feel like people need to look beyond the box of 10 apps for 10 tasks as opposed to 1 app for 10 tasks. Not hating the people. The phenomenon that is Apps just trains you to think that way.
    ridesno159 likes this.
    06-21-12 09:52 AM
    Anyone hear about sky news app coming
    06-21-12 10:07 AM
    theres a reuters app on playbook
    06-21-12 04:20 PM
    os7.1 on my bold got bloomberg, independent, and also sideswipe, which is beautiful.
    currently playbook got taptu (an aggregator) but it does not always download the news which means you got to go to the browser, again.
    news360 is good, but any aggregator is almost always slower than dedicated app of a news agency (since it is pulling from many sources) and then again you most probably have to open/read in the browser.
    google readers are mostly in the same ballpark as an aggregator.

as for blackberry news - it is not available in indonesia. i wish its worldwide, but it is not. a social feed a la OS7.1 would be good.

i just bought a nokia lumia 900 few days ago and the (news) application situation is quite similar to playbook. no wonder no one buys wp phone.
    06-23-12 12:27 AM
    Just sideload Flipboard, bloomberg. Both are working fine on Playbook.
    06-23-12 08:34 AM
    I use the Globe and Mail and The Vancouver Sun apps for my news.
    06-23-12 10:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD