I'm sure it just me but I cannot locate the android player on my Playbook after upgrading to OS2. Is it an icon somewhere or does it load automatically?

I've used DDPB installer to put Kindle on to the playbook and it says it loaded it but I can't find an icon for that either.

Everything else works fine on it including all my bridge apps.

Anyone?
    10-27-11 06:15 PM
    Thats what I thought but when there was no kindle app showing up I was kind of lost.
    I did but it's not there. I guess I'll try installing it again.
    10-27-11 06:30 PM
    I get that sometimes. I have to close the installer, re-open and put the ip address etc in again. Then it works.....
    10-27-11 07:56 PM
    note if you installed the android player leaked earlier, you will need to do a security wipe.
    ladybam likes this.
    10-28-11 02:51 AM
    note if you installed the android player leaked earlier, you will need to do a security wipe.
    True... I had the same problem. If you have installed the Android Player before in your 2.0 version, till you do a security wipe it won't work.

Be careful with the security wipe, as in my case, lots of things happen after the wipe. No icons, just the browser and setup, then my PC was unable to recognize the PlayBook... I suggest that you read some post before doing the security wipe.

Also, when you are installing the Apps with the DDPB, are you using the "developer mode" on your PlayBook?
    10-28-11 03:55 AM
    So my PB has been through a security wipe and is virgin. I never had the previous android player installed but I figured I would start fresh.

I have it in development mode, I have the latest JRE installed as well as DDPB. I enter both my password and the IP address shown by developer mode, double check that it is IN developer mode, plug in my cable and install the apps.

Sometimes it finishes in a a couple of seconds, others it takes up to a minute and a half. I am installing Angry Birds, Trillian, Kindle and Paper Toss. I have tried installing them all at once and then individually.

DDPB always reports Done and the icons have never appeared on my PB. I've tried restarting after installation as well and still no joy. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong or if its just the beta.
    10-28-11 12:28 PM
    So my PB has been through a security wipe and is virgin. I never had the previous android player installed but I figured I would start fresh.

I have it in development mode, I have the latest JRE installed as well as DDPB. I enter both my password and the IP address shown by developer mode, double check that it is IN developer mode, plug in my cable and install the apps.

Sometimes it finishes in a a couple of seconds, others it takes up to a minute and a half. I am installing Angry Birds, Trillian, Kindle and Paper Toss. I have tried installing them all at once and then individually.

DDPB always reports Done and the icons have never appeared on my PB. I've tried restarting after installation as well and still no joy. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong or if its just the beta.
    on your PB small man developer icon, if you see more than one ip address, try them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-28-11 12:44 PM
    Did you try and reboot the PB? I had the same thing happen to me last night. I could not find anything that I side loaded and once I rebooted the playbook they were there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-28-11 02:03 PM
    I've got the little developer man there and I've tried loading the apps with both IP addresses shown without any difference.

I've tried a soft reset via the battery menu and a hard reset and still no joy.
    10-28-11 04:51 PM
    Lots of people have issues with that tool. Try BBH Tool. I use it and have no issues. You'll want to look under PlayBook tab.
    10-29-11 11:27 AM
    I had the same problem, and eventually found that the PB had dropped out of developer mode. Re-set it to developer mode and it worked.

gail
    10-30-11 07:42 AM
    Did you extract the zipped files? The instructions to rename them doesn't work. Extract them and try using the resulting .bar files. Also, if you have both WiFi and cable connected check to see if WiFi file sharing (scroll past the first File Sharing option) is on and use the WiFi IP address.

Thanks for the BBH tool link. The feedback is better and helped me to untangle my confusion.
    11-25-11 04:49 AM
    I have experienced a similar issue with OS2, tried sideloading a few apps with DDPB and couldn't find them on the PB - at least until I turned into portrait mode instead of landscape. I could then see the icons and could drag them to the second homescreen and they would then appear in landscape mode. HTH

02-23-12 03:00 AM
    When sideloading using DDPB, I don't get the 'Done' message. DDPB stays on the Install Apps screen. I get progress messages in the Static column, like I see it flash 100% then 0K. I have to click on Cancel to exit the Install Apps screen.

The program icon appears on my PB Home Screen but when I tap it nothing happens. I've restarted my PB, restarted DDPB, uninstalled/reinstalled and verified I'm in Developer Mode. I did not previously upgrade to beta 2.0.

Any ideas?
    cujoe31 likes this.
    02-23-12 08:42 AM
    I was experiencing the same thing, DDBP got a done message but nothing showed up on the BP.

Make sure you download the DDBP version that has a scan button next to the IP address. I believe the link in the crackberry direction post has a different version. So do a google search for the new version and download. When you hook up the cable from BP to the computer make sure you install the software/driver after the prompt, then put in the development mode password. Once your computer is recognized your PB and assigned a drive letter, open up DDBP then click on the scan button, it will put in the private IP for you, then put in the password and connect. You should be good after that point.
    amoten84 likes this.
    02-23-12 09:02 AM
    micjay, thanks for the reply!

I'm using DDPB Version 1.08. I am able to successfully connect my PB to my PC. I can access the PB as a mapped drive. Using DDPB, I click on scan and I get the same IP address as identified on my PB in development mode. I enter the password and click on Connect. DDPB connects and displays the OS, PIN & Version.

My problem is I click on install, DDPB goes through the install process but never displays the Done message. The icon appears on my PB but when I tap the icon nothing happens... frustrating!
    02-23-12 10:20 AM
    im having an issue with DDPB where when i click install it says progessing, action then the little circle on the left side just stops and nothing happens. i,ve waited about 10 minutse and still nothing, tried restarts as well., i've sideloaded many apps but for some reason quake3 isn't working. does anyone have a suggestion?
    02-23-12 11:09 AM
    micjay, thanks for the reply!

I'm using DDPB Version 1.08. I am able to successfully connect my PB to my PC. I can access the PB as a mapped drive. Using DDPB, I click on scan and I get the same IP address as identified on my PB in development mode. I enter the password and click on Connect. DDPB connects and displays the OS, PIN & Version.

My problem is I click on install, DDPB goes through the install process but never displays the Done message. The icon appears on my PB but when I tap the icon nothing happens... frustrating!
    have you rebooted and done a security wipe?
    02-23-12 11:27 AM
    I was having the same problem. After reading a different forum I installed the latest java run time and haven't had a problem since.
    02-24-12 12:30 AM
    Having the same problem kinda. I install the app and then it says done. When I look at my PB the icon is there but nothing happens when I tap it. Then the last two times I tried the icons did not even show up.. Could it be Windows 7? I'm sure there is a very easy fix I'm just looking over it.

-Kevin
    02-24-12 05:46 AM
    Update: Did security wipe as recommended and sideloading now works. Thanks
    02-24-12 08:03 AM
    Should the BBH tool be downloaded to PlayBook or my computer (mac) ?
    02-24-12 08:34 AM
    When you plug in your playbook download the software that it tells you. And that's it everything works after that. You won't believe how long I have been trying to get this thing to work...

Thanks micjay22....
    02-25-12 03:20 PM
    Hi all.

May I know what is android player? Is that an app to be install like a android emulator? I did noticed that there's a folder for android in the playbook but do not know what is it for.

I've sideloaded two apps into my book but is that considered using the Android Player? I thought with the player it'd be like running apk files natively in the PB.

Thanks.
    04-07-12 10:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD