I just downloaded PlayBook OS 2.0, but I can't find the Android Emulator on AppWorld. Has it released yet, or am I just missing something.
    02-21-12 03:24 PM
    It's already in the OS. Using an Android apps will bring it up.
    02-21-12 03:27 PM
    It is not an emulator. It is enbeded into the OS so that the android apps that are ported over do so seamlesly.
    02-21-12 03:29 PM
    Yes - you can only download Android apps from the AppWorld marketplace. At least those that have been submitted by Dev's, and have been re-packaged & tested on the platform.

It is not an emulator as others have said - you cannot run just any Android App.
    02-21-12 03:35 PM
    its built into the OS
    02-21-12 03:39 PM
    Too bad - missing out on amazon's free Android app of the day!
    02-21-12 04:16 PM
    Lots of us misunderstood about OS 2.0 and Android app (including me). I expected to have an Android Market app (similar to rooted Kindle Fire), but I was wrong.

Based on OS 2.0 Manual:

Android apps: Access a large number of additional apps for your tablet. BlackBerry Runtime for Android apps allows Android applications that developers have
    repackaged, signed, and submitted to the BlackBerry App World storefront, to run on the BlackBerry PlayBook OS 2.0.
    But the Runtime (or Emulator, if you prefer calling it such) is there in 2.0, that is why now you can sideload Android app (which you cant on 1.x). See subforum Android Sideload for more infos.
    02-21-12 04:29 PM
    Yeah. Watched the video on this a few minutes after posting. Thanks anyways, though.
    02-21-12 04:51 PM
    use
    the
    forum
    search
    !
    02-21-12 04:55 PM
    he app player in this is similar to youwave s gingerbread and you remember Samsung phone duos which supports android but doesn't play subway surfers nor temple run so playbook android must and should be updated to standard gingerbread or standard jelly bean..
    05-18-13 03:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD