It's been a while since 2.0 has been out and there is still no video store out for Canada. Does any know if it will ever come out or is it just something rim said and it will never happen?
    06-11-12 11:23 PM
    This isn't so much a RIM hold up, but rather the difficult of bringing American content to Canada and other countries.

This is why Netflix and other US based video-streaming websites aren't the greatest here up North.
    06-11-12 11:45 PM
    Well, the Roxio store does exist in Canada...you can buy movies and tv shows through Best Buy's website (which is a white labelled version of the Roxio's store)...
    06-12-12 12:47 AM
    A fine question.

I tweeted Alec (only RIM person I know) a while back, to no reply.

I would really appreciate this service. I bought a third playbook that stays attached to the big screen via HDMI and we load up downloaded movies over wi-fi and watch TabletTV on.

Would love to be able to buy movies direct.
    06-12-12 01:12 AM
    This is my only peeve about the PB. A Canadian company has the video store in numerous countries world wide yet not in their own country. It's embarrassing really. If I can buy a movie via bestbuy,netflix etc then there is NO excuse for RIM.

To top it off we were told it would soon follow the US release but the only thing that followed were other countries.
    06-12-12 05:48 AM
    Them yanks (no offense to our maarikan friends) have an issue with Canada's DRM laws. Being that it's not illegal to download here, the big studios aren't cool with that. I imagine that when Harper pushes through his new RIAA and MPAA friendly rewrite of our DRM laws, then we'll see the studios open up their online services. (eventually)

Till then, we get stuck with being able to download any and all music and video we want via p2p but want something "legally", forget about it. (referring to movie rentals)

We'll get the movie store, but watered down like Netflix.

This isn't in RIM's control. It's a little war between the nazi-like RIAA/MPAA and those governments who don't play ball with them......like us Canucks.
    06-12-12 09:54 AM
    When is it coming to Europe
    06-12-12 10:39 AM
    There is no reason it shouldn't be in Canada by freaking now!!!!
    Maybe they are waiting for the Stanley Cup, oops sorry.
    06-12-12 01:24 PM
    This is my only peeve about the PB. A Canadian company has the video store in numerous countries world wide yet not in their own country. It's embarrassing really. If I can buy a movie via bestbuy,netflix etc then there is NO excuse for RIM.

To top it off we were told it would soon follow the US release but the only thing that followed were other countries.
    USA is just one country. Which are the others?

I want my latin american version! >.< I don't mind the language, I just want to access that library
    06-12-12 05:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD