I really hope this can be a useful thread, and I think it's something that would be helpful for people. What kind of apps do you want - I'm thinking specifically for PB (since it's more recent) and also maybe BB10.

The main reason I ask is because there are several developers around here, myself included, who might be interested in working on your app. So if you have something constructive to say, go ahead.
    bungaboy and btgdelta like this.
    06-12-12 01:12 AM
    Blues music. A guide to fine Kentucky Bourbon? Calgary Flames app. Stamps(but not Roughriders)) app.
    More when I think of them...
    06-12-12 01:51 AM
    What's wrong with roughriders......
    jamesjmunro likes this.
    06-12-12 01:57 AM
    Edit: double post
    06-12-12 01:58 AM
    Some decent music player would be nice with streaming radio support. Think about winamp for desktop computers.
    I know there is one droid winamp, but that it is very dumb to be really useful.
    I am sure not I am the only one wishing for an application like that.
    Would you need me to specify the requested features, just let me know.
    Oh, and of course, I would gladly pay if it would hit the level.
    06-12-12 09:46 AM
    If I could print emails off of my PB I would be very happy :-)
    06-12-12 09:56 AM
    I would like to see some cad style apps, that would allow for drawing schematics while in the field. Something that would allow for a rough sketch to show the customer right then and there. Also, one that i could draw on my computer put on the playbook, and then be able to edit them while on location for changes/problems/etc. Also, a good electronic/electrical app. one that has the formulas in it and you plug the numbers in. I still would like to see a true photo editing app (Lightroom, photoshop, NIK, etc.). Another app i would love to see is on that allow me to use the apps on my phone through the playbook and use the playbook screen. So you can see either A. see your phone screen on the playbook and use everything on your phone from there or B. a emulator of the phone to allow you to use your phone apps on the playbook.
    06-12-12 10:43 AM
    I really hope this can be a useful thread, and I think it's something that would be helpful for people. What kind of apps do you want - I'm thinking specifically for PB (since it's more recent) and also maybe BB10.

The main reason I ask is because there are several developers around here, myself included, who might be interested in working on your app. So if you have something constructive to say, go ahead.
    I am interested in creating my own personal work related app. Are you able to help?

Thanks
    06-12-12 12:28 PM
    I would like an app to use verbal recordings and change to word doc to go.
    06-12-12 01:31 PM
    I'd like sky news similar to the ipad apply and temple run
    06-12-12 03:43 PM
    I am interested in creating my own personal work related app. Are you able to help?

Thanks
    You need to be more specific.. app developement can be very simple to very complex on what you need.
    06-12-12 03:52 PM
    I would love to see a good native MMO on my PlayBook. Can be something as simple as "Earth and Legend", but i would prefer something more complex like "Eve Online".
    Last edited by btgdelta; 06-12-12 at 04:03 PM.
    06-12-12 04:01 PM
    Human Physiology Interactive app. It could be built upon with diseases and how they affect the body. I don't think there are enough learning apps for the medical community. This would be an awesome app for newbies learning or for old timers needing a refresher
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-12-12 04:15 PM
    I'm currently deciding between getting an iPhone 5 or a full touch screen BB10 device (going to wait a month after release to get an idea for how good they each are). The main factor for me is Apps. I was mainly sticking with BB because of BBM but everyone I know left BB so I only have 2 contacts.

The main apps I'd need to buy a BB10 device would be Skype, Netflix, Kindle (I still can't believe it's not on Playbook yet), Twitter (while the web-based tablet twitter is okay, the web-based phone twitter is pretty bad), a podcast app that actually works (the phone app is pathetic and the Playbook app is pretty much the bare minimum), and Tumblr.

What I'd also like (but aren't a deciding factor to me getting a BB 10 device) is more games (Temple Run, Draw Something, Tiny Tower), a decent music/video player, and a working Desktop manager to transfer content to and from the phone.

I doubt any of these things will be there with BB10 but we'll see. iOS is just becoming more and more appealing to me as a consumer. If I used a BB for work I'd probably stick with BB, but I'm only a student in university so a lot of the pros of a BB (security, e-mail, etc.) don't really appeal to me.
    06-12-12 04:34 PM
    Some decent music player would be nice with streaming radio support. Think about winamp for desktop computers.
    Are there no decent music players? Or just none that support streaming radio?
    06-12-12 04:59 PM
    I am looking for a workout journal app specifically for crossfit. The ones I have found tend to be work out routes mixed in with recording data. I have the gym for the routines and just need something that will record times, personal bests, and maybe stats to show how I am improving.

I know alot of folks in the crossfit world would definitely use the app if made for the pb and phone
    06-12-12 05:56 PM
    I'm also interested in a CAD app. But mainly what I want is a viewer for NX models. No editing, sort of what someone would see in a 3D Pdf.
    06-12-12 06:35 PM
    The main apps I'd need to buy a BB10 device would be Skype, Netflix, Kindle (I still can't believe it's not on Playbook yet), Twitter (while the web-based tablet twitter is okay, the web-based phone twitter is pretty bad), a podcast app that actually works (the phone app is pathetic and the Playbook app is pretty much the bare minimum), and Tumblr.
    Kindle works fine for me (see various threads on here for sideload)
    Netflix has workaround (i think its called Flix $0.99 on appworld)
    Skype is coming (HTML5)
    Twitter there are so many apps available (even free!)
    06-12-12 07:17 PM
    Are there no decent music players? Or just none that support streaming radio?
    I haven't find any so far. I tried 3cubed music player(not native, crushed way too many times to keep it), PlayerPro (not native crushes every now and then, still installed) for playing the music stored on my PB. I have approx 1000 songs at the moment, none of the above mentioned are able to find/display all of them correctly. Nor the PBs music player.
    For streaming I tried Listenor (native), which works really good, but its design not really appealing.
    Now I am using the winamp (not native) both for streaming and playing local music, but it stops responding every third-fourth day of using it.
    06-12-12 07:55 PM
    Kindle works fine for me (see various threads on here for sideload)
    Netflix has workaround (i think its called Flix $0.99 on appworld)
    Skype is coming (HTML5)
    Twitter there are so many apps available (even free!)
    -I haven't sideloaded anything onto my Playbook yet and considering RIM is removing the ability to in upcoming updates I'm not sure if I should.
    -Flix isn't good imo. It requires a bunch of extra stuff to work and has a lot less features than every official netflix app.
    -I'll see how it works on my Playbook, but I doubt it'll be better than a dedicated app ala iOS or Android.
    -I'm currently using the web-based Twitter because I hate paying for apps that are free on other platforms. I've tried a few of the free non-official ones but I don't like them that much personally.

I just don't want to settle for sub-par or nonexistent apps when I could just get an iPhone 5 when my upgrade period comes along and have them all available for free (and in many cases better quality). I'm waiting to see how different the situation is on BB10 compared to what it's like right now and I'll decide then. I have about $100 in app purchases from App World though, so it'll be kind of depressing to lose those if I end up switching to iOS.
    06-13-12 02:47 PM
    A couple people mentioned this, I'll see what I can do.
    06-13-12 04:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD