After reading the rave reviews I tried to download and it comes up as no longer available.
    09-13-12 09:07 PM
    09-13-12 09:38 PM
    Update was submitted to RIM earlier today, the developer is hoping it will be ready tomorrow. I hope so.
    09-13-12 09:40 PM
    I downloaded it last night and it keeps crashing. Even before the update the app was very unstable with the MP3 stopping and studdering. Not sure what the issue is but I am very unhappy with this purchase.
    09-14-12 06:55 AM
    Here's the email I got last night: There is trouble with latest update of Neutron which is not starting
    up. Unfortunately certification team of App World simply approved
    release without testing.

I provided explanation here in my forum post:
    • View topic - Blackberry Playbook: Neutron stopped working

The fix has been made and new version (update, v.1.62.5) is currently
    under review by RIM's App World team. I hope very much that they
    approve it either today or latest on Monday (they are off on Saturday, Sunday).

Please do not worry Neutron will always be on PlayBook/BlackBerry 10 platform.

Best regards,
    Dmitry.)

The timely response to my question is what I appreciate.
    09-14-12 07:02 AM
    I downloaded it last night and it keeps crashing. Even before the update the app was very unstable with the MP3 stopping and studdering. Not sure what the issue is but I am very unhappy with this purchase.
    Same here........... Was stable before the update for me though. Thanks for the great support Dmitry!
    Last edited by Willardv; 09-14-12 at 07:06 AM.
    09-14-12 07:03 AM
    Damn, def will be making an app purchase when this becomes avail again... now if there was something to replace the video player...
    09-14-12 11:19 AM
    People may want to keep an eye on or even (gasp!) participate in Neutron's forum:

Neutron Forum
    world saviour likes this.
    09-14-12 11:35 AM
    hey guys long time lurker in here....any idea when this app will be available at app world again? ive been looking for this kind of app for a long time, when i finally decided to purchase for the first time suddenly its gone...so pissed lol
    09-14-12 01:53 PM
    hey guys long time lurker in here....any idea when this app will be available at app world again? ive been looking for this kind of app for a long time, when i finally decided to purchase for the first time suddenly its gone...so pissed lol
    Did you even read post #5 in this thread? Nobody knows when it will appear again because it's up to App World to approve the update FIRST.
    09-14-12 05:35 PM
    Its a fabulous app and the dev offers great support on his active support forums. This issue was caused because the PBOS and the dev OS10 have slightly different low level code, which caused the microphone to become the default output, which obviously isnt going to work.

It is a brilliant app and the dev is obviously learning about BB OS. Its even vying for my fave app spot with WhatsUp
    09-15-12 07:16 AM
    Wow, this is disappointing. I hope it's up and running soon, fabulous app.
    09-15-12 08:39 AM
    I had it installed and working (at least for a short time...I only tested it out, didn't listen for an extended period). I then updated it to the version released yesterday, and now it crashes immediatly when I try to launch it. I have the Beta OS 2..0.840.

Too bad, as I really liked what I saw and heard before the "update." Of course, given that it is a purchased app, it's a bit more thanjust "too bad," I guess.

I just checked and the update I installed was only to 1.62.4. Didn't realize that the one we;re waiting on wasn't that one, already released since those posts.
    Last edited by KPMcClave; 09-15-12 at 01:23 PM.
    09-15-12 01:21 PM
    Just installed 1.62.5 this morning. Unfortunately, handling of DM generated M3Us still doesn't work for me...

EDIT: I had to refresh sources per the developer - M3U works for me now
    Last edited by hytran; 09-17-12 at 05:45 AM. Reason: Update
    09-17-12 03:58 AM
    Downloaded it earlier and it's decent enough for the price. Just wish I could add all my music. May have to settle for the PlayBook's player for now.
    09-17-12 11:04 PM
    New release, very good, recommend this.

Support is excellent, wish all developers took pride in there work like this.
    hytran likes this.
    09-20-12 10:01 AM
    Downloaded it earlier and it's decent enough for the price. Just wish I could add all my music. May have to settle for the PlayBook's player for now.
    You could "add all my music"? It will find every music file on your Playbook. It works GREAT, much better than the OEM/Native player on the Playbook.

Once they got the "funky" update corrected, it's ROCK SOLID.

Noticed there is ANOTHER update available. Will wait though and see what happens with the others, trying to make sure not a repeat of "that 1 "funky" update"....

Just gotta play with it and learn to UI.

C
    09-20-12 10:28 AM
    New update works fine
    09-20-12 03:37 PM
    Just downloaded the new update and so far so good. Very good player. Finally a player with an EQ for personal music listening.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    09-20-12 06:25 PM
    Well, After my initial install of Neutron Player, Ver. .3 worked, but had some adiou "pauses" during playback.

Ver. .4 Just did not open and run.

Ver. .5 DID work, and the Audio pauses were gone, seemed "fat and happy".

Ver. .6 does not work. loads, but just runs through the whole song list and stops at the last file and does nothing.

Next time theyt update it and it works, no more updating it. It is the best audio player there is, now just to control myself and get a working version and leave it ALONE.

C
    09-21-12 09:16 AM
    Listening to it as I read this thread. I liked Neutron so much I also installed in on my Android tablets replacing ProPlayer so I got to pay for it twice ;-)
    One feature that is possibly even more useful than the developer realizes is "Crossfeed" which reduces stereo separation. For the average listener it reduces the exaggerated stereo effect of headphones... but for someone like me who has one ear damaged by a virus some years back, it makes a world of difference. If music is heard by my left ear only, can only happen with headphones or a phone, it sounds muffled and distorted. If I am hearing a sound with both ears, the magic DSP between my ears completely cleans it up. I've no idea why this is but I think our brain is remarkably good at cleaning up defective audio but needs a reference. Well anyway, some recordings where the left channel sounded weak and muffled sound infinitely better with the Neuton using crossfeed, at least with my quirky hearing.

I don't mind the GUI, it takes a bit of getting used to... but the handling of Album Artwork is a real pain... needs work.

BTW, If you like solo piano check out Kim Mariya's new album.
    11-19-12 01:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD