After reading the forums, I feel many playbook users feel that they're the ones who are doing all the advertising for the playbook to friends and families. After I bought my playbook, all my friends saw the tablet and asked many questions on what it is and what do I do with it.
    I always like to show:

Features
    - multitasking functions
    - bezel controls (everyone is so impressed with this. It's funny looking at people's reactions)
    - front/back cameras
    - full function internet

Games
    - NFS
    - fruit ninja slash free (just to show that there are options on the pb)
    - assembler mobile (interactive game)
    - pixelated (somehow, everyone who gets exposed of this game get hooked.)

Apps:
    - Doc to go
    - Scrapbook
    - Sketchbook (i prefer it over scroodle since it's a bit more responsive but scroodle has better interface to some extent?)
    - cooklet (just a beautiful app that i love displaying)

Did I miss out anything? How do YOU display your tablets to your friends/family?
    12-05-11 08:21 PM
    great post man.
    usually the multitasking is what WOWs them. That you can actually switch
    from an app to youtube to music and more back and forth without any hesitation
    is just simply amazing the fun never stops....
    When I show them that the Bezel is functional I can see some drool dripping
    from their mouths.
    I managed to wow a lot of hardcore iphone owners.
    you are so right lol we are the ones doing the advertising for RIM
    12-05-11 08:39 PM
    when people actually consider buying it, i tell them to make sure they know what they're getting into. I wouldn't recommend it unless you know what you're buying. I think pb is a investment product. I bought on sale 2 weeks ago it because i look forward to what will potentially be there. At the same time, those things that rim promises could take a while if they ever come at all. It is clearly not an android tablet or an ipad or a ereader for that matter and people need to know that.
    I'm scared my friends and families will get disappointed when they actually buy it without knowing what it really is.
    12-05-11 08:51 PM
  4. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    the size is just perfect for many things !! and the multitasking is amazing ....i rarely use my ipod2 now.....
    12-06-11 04:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD