I was looking over the games on my playbook and their pretty decent, but then i remembered a pretty sick game back at BlackBerry world called Samurai 2

check it out -

The problem I have is that they said the game should be out early summer so wtf. Anyone have any news on when its coming out etc? Because I am starting to lose my patients, something big better go down at DevCon.
    09-27-11 09:28 PM
    If you havent checked out Tofu I suggest you do.
    09-27-11 09:38 PM
    Well, RIM is supposed to have a deal with Unity to port like 30 games over. We'll see if they actually show up...
    09-27-11 10:35 PM
    The RIM ninjas assassinated him.
    09-28-11 05:38 AM
    Lot of promises at Blackberry World ... none have surfaced
    09-28-11 08:57 AM
    Well, RIM is supposed to have a deal with Unity to port like 30 games over. We'll see if they actually show up...
    The most recent information regarding these "supposed" games from Unity came from GDCE 2011: We want to help Unity devs make $20,000+ of extra revenue per platform says Union's Bruning, news, GDC Europe 11, PocketGamer.biz after the GDCE 2011 conference. There were "supposed" to be five games released from Unity over the next few weeks following the conference - none have been released.

There also hasn't been any further information, blog posts, and so forth that I can find on the net concerning what's happening with Unity.
    09-28-11 09:36 AM
    My only optimistic opinion would be a hold up for a big release of major 3rd party vendors being released at DevCon, along with major needed updates for the Playbook.
    It only makes sense to do a rerelease of a product in that manner. If not well, lol... we're really looking at a product that's just not going to hit puberty till a second or alternative version gets to take its place sadly.
    09-28-11 10:59 AM
    I have been wondering about this game as well because I've been waiting to buy it!

The games/apps recently released that were developed using the NDK are significantly better than their flash counterparts and has restored a bit of faith in me after being quite underwhelmed by the choice of games to date. Hopefully this is just the beginning. That being said, this Samurai game looks better than anything else available at this point in time.

Seems bizarre that they were able to demo it nearly a year ago yet it still hasn't been released... The entire PlayBook itself was developed in less time than that!
    09-28-11 04:20 PM
    as well they had those demos of quake going last year, still waiting for that port
    09-28-11 11:24 PM
    Personally, I'd fire off a note or two to Unity/Union just to let them know that people are still interested in their games that were shown off for the Playbook. I think it's odd that we haven't heard anything. Actually, I'm skeptical that anything they showed will get released given how long its taken and given the lack of information. The impression I get from many developers or companies is that they have all but given up on the Playbook. Hope I'm wrong and that I get suprised at DevCom.
    09-29-11 02:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD