I used to use a simple gps tracking app on my droid phone when working my labrador retrievers. Basically, as I set the birds I recorded the track, & then took a photo when I got to the start; I was able to pull this into Evernote, which I used as a training diary. To me, it sounds simple, & it may already be able to be done bridged, hadn't tried that.
    04-23-12 09:02 PM
    I just bought an app called Navigator for $6.99 from AppWorld and it does almost everything you have asked. for. I have downloaded the offline maps for Quebec, Ontario and New York State. So far everything works as promised and it has found my way every time. Navigator was just launched and currently is meant for the Canadian market. More international maps to come according to a review or forum thread I read online. Can't remember which it was.
    04-24-12 07:50 AM
    I used to use a simple gps tracking app on my droid phone when working my labrador retrievers. Basically, as I set the birds I recorded the track, & then took a photo when I got to the start; I was able to pull this into Evernote, which I used as a training diary. To me, it sounds simple, & it may already be able to be done bridged, hadn't tried that.
    That's a good idea. I didn't want a bridged app. I wanted this thing to be stand alone. Not to mention that a lot of PB users don't have BBS. My wife so nicely pointed out that I'm not going out into the field without my BB never know when something is gonna happen.
    Welles thanks for the heads up.
    Last edited by 13echo4; 04-24-12 at 11:23 AM.
    04-24-12 11:14 AM
    Driving directions from my current location where it I am.
    04-24-12 11:16 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD