WordHero, qpdf notes & foldersync are the only things I ever run in the Android player.

My wife is totally addicted to [WordHero], and I play it sometimes too. It is like a game of Boggle against the whole world in real time. The developer has been really active since bringing it to the Playbook. It runs great and has a special layout that is optimized for tablets. And it is free!

Qpdf Notes fills a huge productivity hole in the Playbook's native apps, and Foldersync (which must be side-loaded - see my sig) gives the playbook cloud sync ability.

Native versions of any/all of these would be great, but having the Android versions is a great stop-gap measure. I hope the performance of the Android player continues to improve and that RIM gives us some efficient way to kill it and reset when it crashes.

What do you use the Android player for?
    05-08-12 04:42 PM
    cloud explorer for skydrive, words with friends, imdb, guitar hero
    05-08-12 05:36 PM
    i only use Android player for apps that are missing, i really dont like using it tbh as its slow and that diagonal swipe to go back is soooo frustrating.

why cant they add the buttons from ICS to navigate round android player ?

EDIT: although im extremely grateful the android player is available on playbook
    05-08-12 05:56 PM
    WordHero, qpdf notes & foldersync are the only things I ever run in the Android player.
    QPdf is a native app written in Qt.
    05-08-12 05:57 PM
    QPdf is a native app written in Qt.
    I wonder if the developer would just deploy it using Qt rather than porting over the Android version...the developer will probably get more sales as a result.

I use Pulse, Zite, and Kindle...
    05-08-12 06:19 PM
    pocket manga, other than that I try to avoid it like the plague.
    05-08-12 09:47 PM
    BeWeather and Doodlegrub
    05-08-12 09:48 PM
    I use Overdrive everyday for ebooks and audiobooks from my public library. I wish Aldiko or Bluefire would port their ereader Android apps to Playbook too.
    05-08-12 10:56 PM
    Kindle Reader and Score Mobile FC.
    Still waiting for native versions of both, as am not overly impressed with Android player's stability.
    05-08-12 11:02 PM
    Kindle, Comicrack, Pulse and LinkedIn
    05-08-12 11:35 PM
    I wonder if the developer would just deploy it using Qt rather than porting over the Android version...the developer will probably get more sales as a result.
    I don't know what you mean. It's a native app on Playbook. I've got the .bar file here
    05-08-12 11:49 PM
    Just because it's a bar doesn't mean it's native. The playbook cannot run .apk thus it's CONVERTED to a bar, but runs using android player, meaning it's not native.

However i don't know if that's the case with this specific app as i haven't used it....but bar or not if it launches with android player it's not a native app.
    05-09-12 12:04 AM
    Just because it's a bar doesn't mean it's native. The playbook cannot run .apk thus it's CONVERTED to a bar, but runs using android player, meaning it's not native.

However i don't know if that's the case with this specific app as i haven't used it....but bar or not if it launches with android player it's not a native app.
    I opened QPdf.bar and saw that it is native with Qt libs.
    See:

Qt can't run in Android Player because it uses C++. QPdf -> Qt PDF.
    05-09-12 12:10 AM
    I opened QPdf.bar and saw that it is native with Qt libs.
    See:
    Click to view quoted image

Qt can't run in Android Player because it uses C++. QPdf -> Qt PDF.
    Is this the reason why the app doesn't work after the update? It seems to try to run it in the Android Player when it should just run native...
    05-09-12 12:51 AM
    Is this the reason why the app doesn't work after the update? It seems to try to run it in the Android Player when it should just run native...
    We're talking about the same QPdf right?
    05-09-12 02:17 AM
    qPDF is an android app. What QT are you talking about?

I also use Overdrive, Photo Editor Ultimate and a bunch of sideloads like Words with Friends, LinkedIn, Twitter, was using Osmand / Google maps until Magellan 3 dropped, Dropbox, etc.
    Last edited by hpulley; 05-09-12 at 03:39 AM.
    05-09-12 03:35 AM
    We're talking about the same QPdf right?
    I think you guys are talking about two different things... In my OP I meant that I run this qpdf notes in the Android player:

Buy qPDF Notes Full Version - Download qPDF Notes Full Version - Buy Apps from BlackBerry App World

There is also an opensource project called QPDF that I think xsacha is talking about:

QPDF: A Content-Preserving PDF Transformation System
    05-09-12 06:26 AM
    I found the one I'm talking about isn't called QPdf in AppWorld:
    http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/108930
    05-09-12 07:04 AM
    Flipboard!
    05-09-12 08:27 AM
    I found the one I'm talking about isn't called QPdf in AppWorld:
    Buy Pdf Reader - Download Pdf Reader - Buy Apps from BlackBerry App World
    But is it a port of the OSS QPDF? If I got its license right the port should be free and the source code made available.

About the thread topic I use:
    RepliGo Reader, Moon+ Reader, Ghost Commander + Andro Zip (until I find a more suitable archive manager), Dolphin Browser. Also have OsmAnd but haven't taken it for a drive yet. I had Office Suite but found it corrupted my files...
    Last edited by joaosousa; 05-09-12 at 08:48 AM.
    05-09-12 08:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD