Just got a new playbook (well...pick it up from Best Buy this week) and plan on using it for my business. Am a very small contractor/business (me and a part timer) that serves both local homeowners and those who have 2nd (weekend) homes in the area. Need to pick the brians of the knowledgable members here. (did surf around already and got a ton of great info! Thanks!)

The plans are to use our excel based estimating program in homes and emailing or printing estimate/contracts before we leave. Maybe incorporate pictures/video into a video or powerpoint presentation showing our solutions for customer problems. Also like to take pictures (before/after) and post it to our facebook site for at work or out of town homeowners and videos for our You Tube channel. (great for seo)

It seems that many of the tools we need come incorporated on the Playbook, but not sure about posting videos to you tube or facebook pics from the PB. DO have a Bold 9700on AT&T network. What if any additional apps might we need?

Thanks in advance for your help.
    12-26-11 12:47 PM
    Heya,
    There is a native Facebook app on the PlayBook which allows you to upload pics/vids - have you tried that?
    Dale Thomas likes this.
    12-26-11 02:46 PM
    The Native YouTube app also has upload I believe..

Yep just tried it again finally and it does upload ..
    Dale Thomas likes this.
    12-26-11 03:13 PM
    Thanks guys, I am waiting for the email to go pick it up. Best Buy (local) didn't have it in stock so I used the ship to store option and got free shipping and no sales tax. Should have it this week. (it won't be soon enough)
    12-26-11 03:40 PM
    Get your Bridge app from this link:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-7-5-a-621230/

instead of the one offered in AppWorld. ATT has the AppWorld one crippled to push you to add a tethering package.

Evernote allows you to add pictures and voice notes as well as written notes and attachments and syncs with the web.

If you sign up for Box.net through the PB app, they'll give 50GB of free online storage.

There's an app called Floorplan that might be somewhat useful, altho it is pretty basic.
    kbz1960 and Dale Thomas like this.
    12-26-11 08:12 PM
    The plans are to use our excel based estimating program in homes
    docs to go excel is pretty crippled... have heard from another user that a tax spreadsheet they used to make calculations on wasn't working/supported. Might be worth checking this out??
    Dale Thomas likes this.
    12-27-11 01:41 AM
    docs to go excel is pretty crippled... have heard from another user that a tax spreadsheet they used to make calculations on wasn't working/supported. Might be worth checking this out??
    Can anybody recommend an alternative to Docs To GO? Something both word and excel compatible?
    12-27-11 06:05 AM
    I am using a sales tracking workbook that I wrote for my company and I am not having any problems using doc to go. start simple and tweak as you go, as far a business apps there are very few, but i think in time we will see more apps working with playbook.
    12-27-11 06:31 AM
    The way to use the crippled D2G is to create the spreadsheet with all the formulas on your desktop and port it into the PB. (I sent it as an email attachment). Then change only the values.

There is also an app called Forms 2 Go which you may find useful. It does basic calculations and creates estimates and invoices. Haven't played too much with it yet, I like to keep all my info in one place, which for the time being is my desktop. I have the same type of business as you, and investigating these mobile solutions like Box and PB forms is on my list of things to do as soon as I have some free time

The PB takes great HD videos, but you need a desktop app to edit them. Photos are very good as well, and you can upload them onto any website that allows uploading.

Get a file manager app to figure out where these files are stored on the PB.
    Dale Thomas likes this.
    12-27-11 10:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD