Hi everyone,

I've created an app called Web Pics for the PlayBook.

It turns your PlayBook into a digital picture frame with new and interesting pictures from the popular photo sharing site Flickr delivered automatically every day. It also allows you to save the pictures locally so that you can use the PlayBook Pictures viewer to set as a new wallpaper.

Hope you try it and find it useful. If you have feedback or suggestions, please let me know (by replying to this thread or emailing me at [email protected])

Thanks,
    Derek.
    07-24-12 07:33 AM
    My suggestion is to add Facebook support. Basically the same functionality as what you have but using FB instead of Flicker. I should be able to use which albums I want to draw from or just use the default setting (which is ALL folders ).

It would be cool to also add my friends albums (if the FB API would allow it) if I wanted to ( as long as their privacy settings allowed it).
    Bumble2000 likes this.
    07-24-12 07:57 PM
    really great idea. I've been exploring the FB APIs and have got authentication working in my AIR app and now have it pulling in the albums onto the PlayBook. So fiddling around with it more to get the UI right.

I think the friends album can also be done, but it might get tricky with the UI as some people have hundreds of 'friends' :-) on facebook. Will need to think about this more.

Hopefully, I can finish coding up the first part first n a couple of days and then I'll submit to appworld for update.

Thanks again for the great suggestion!

More feedback and suggestions welcomed :-)...
    Last edited by Bumble2000; 07-25-12 at 11:10 PM.
    07-25-12 10:00 PM
    You are very welcome. I am a developer myself and was thinking about building this but now that you are on it I won't bother. Once you have it up and running and relatively stable can I help you test it?
    07-25-12 11:17 PM
    That would be great if I could get your help to test it! THanks in advance. Hopefully, I can finish this in the next day or so.
    07-26-12 10:08 PM
    Awesome. Looking forward to it.
    07-26-12 10:09 PM
    I've just completed the facebook integration feature that you suggested.
    I'll PM you to send you the bar file :-)

Thanks again for your help!
    07-28-12 09:46 PM
    Let me also attach a screen shot of the app with the new functionality. With this addition, you can now access all your facebook albums as well as all the new pictures from Flickr. You can create a favorite list that contains a blend of pictures for both sources and play them in a slide show. Plus you can save the files locally to refresh your wallpaper (via PlayBook Pictures app that comes with the OS).

If anyone else would like be interested in testing this app, I'd appreciate the help. Just email me at [email protected] and I'll send you the bar file.
    07-29-12 05:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD