Hello Everyone,

We�re here with our very first app for the New Year! Presenting Weather+ HD � a super slick weather app for your BlackBerry PlayBook! Watch the weather come alive on your device with spectacular images which dynamically change to reflect real-time weather conditions.

Weather+ HD - World Weather Reports & Forecasts for BlackBerry PlayBook-weather_playbook.jpg

Weather+ HD - World Weather Reports & Forecasts for BlackBerry PlayBook-01.jpg

Features:

View the current weather conditions including:

1. Today�s Minimum and Maximum temperature
    2. �Feels like� temperature
    3. Wind direction and speed
    4. Humidity details
    5. Air Pressure information
    6. Precipitation information (rain, snow, hail etc.)
    7. Visibility details

• Weather forecast of the next 4 days with Minimum and Maximum temperature.
    • A GPS tracker to identify your current location and display the current weather conditions there.
    • View weather conditions and forecasts for over 2 million cities from around the world.
    • Add up to any number of locations and track the weather conditions & forecasts of each of them.
    • Swipe the screen left or right to switch between chosen locations
    • Dynamic weather background with changing animations, to reflect real-time weather conditions and also day time / night time of any given location.
    • Textual display of weather conditions like Overcast, Icy fog, Light Sleet, Moderate Snow etc.
    • Displays current time and date of chosen locations
    • Hourly updates of both current weather conditions and forecasts.
    • Choose between metric or imperial units for the temperature and wind speed: Celsius/Fahrenheit and Miles/Kilometres
    • Choose between 12 hour or 24 hour time display

Weather+ HD - World Weather Reports & Forecasts for BlackBerry PlayBook-07.jpg

Weather+ HD is priced at $1.99 and can be downloaded here.

We�d love for you guys to check it out and let us know what you think. Feel free to email us at bbsupport[at]xlabz[dot]com.
    sushistew, Herve5 and Sansu94 like this.
    01-13-13 11:26 AM
    looks great by the pics,
    XLabz likes this.
    01-13-13 01:00 PM
    Is it native?
    Herve5 likes this.
    01-13-13 07:07 PM
    Looks definitely interesting, specially when signed by XLabz. I think I was right to wait.

If it is not a critical disclosure, could you tell us which is/are your weather report sources?

TIA!
    01-14-13 04:52 AM
    Does it only work in portrait mode?
    Herve5 likes this.
    01-14-13 05:01 AM
    This looks interesting. Accurate weather is critical for me, so I would like to know about weather sources and battery drain. Thanks.
    01-14-13 06:17 AM
    Andrei Avram's weather app seems better.
    01-14-13 06:28 AM
    Andrei Avram's weather app seems better.
    Have you used both? I bought his, and it's okay, but I'd like to be able to zoom map to full screen, and show more than next 6 hours in hourly view.

I haven't bought this one yet, does anyone know if it has these two features?
    01-14-13 06:48 AM
    @XLabz, why limit only to 4 days forecast, it should be minimum 7 days and also option to check further as in some other apps.
    That was major turn off for me.
    Also does this app supports Weather maps? and does it support Landscape mode?
    01-14-13 04:25 PM
    Is it native?
    No, it is built using Adobe AIR.
    01-15-13 01:01 AM
    Does it only work in portrait mode?
    Yes, as of now it works only on portrait mode.
    01-15-13 01:04 AM
    Looks definitely interesting, specially when signed by XLabz. I think I was right to wait.

If it is not a critical disclosure, could you tell us which is/are your weather report sources?

TIA!
    Hi Herve!

World Weather Online is our source.
    01-16-13 11:25 PM
    This looks interesting. Accurate weather is critical for me, so I would like to know about weather sources and battery drain. Thanks.
    Weather+ HD doesn't have any background operations that can cause this. But as with any other app, if you leave your device switched on without power save mode, it could drain your battery. Our weather source is World Weather Online.
    01-16-13 11:26 PM
    Have you used both? I bought his, and it's okay, but I'd like to be able to zoom map to full screen, and show more than next 6 hours in hourly view.

I haven't bought this one yet, does anyone know if it has these two features?
    Weather+ HD only shows you the local time and weather forecasts for the next 4 days of a particular location. You cannot view maps of any country.
    01-16-13 11:27 PM
    @XLabz, why limit only to 4 days forecast, it should be minimum 7 days and also option to check further as in some other apps.
    That was major turn off for me.
    Also does this app supports Weather maps? and does it support Landscape mode?
    This app doesn't support Weather maps and works only in portrait mode as of now. We will keep adding new features in our upcoming updates depending on the number of users who request for it. We will definitely keep your suggestions in mind. Thanks.
    01-16-13 11:28 PM
    Hi Herve!
    World Weather Online is our source.
    One last wish: Here in Europe Weather Online is rather poor for regions where detail is key, like mountains in winter.
    At this moment, W-O predictions for negative temperatures are very bad in the Alps near my home, giving positive errors in the range of 6-8� which I consider dangerous (you expected -10�C, you get -18: your truck just fails --same unreliability for skiers for instance).
    And, mind you, these issues also appear for most of the other Weather apps around here (if and when they even dare announcing their sources)
    So, my advice would be, rather than going straight against the "I-got-everything-including-radar-photos-music-and-coffee-also" competitors, just specialize on accuracy, multiplying the actual weather sources for instance.
    And have it known.
    I for one would definitely pay more than the average € for an app whose predictions would show accurate...
    01-25-13 10:10 AM
    One last wish: Here in Europe Weather Online is rather poor for regions where detail is key, like mountains in winter.
    At this moment, W-O predictions for negative temperatures are very bad in the Alps near my home, giving positive errors in the range of 6-8� which I consider dangerous (you expected -10�C, you get -18: your truck just fails --same unreliability for skiers for instance).
    And, mind you, these issues also appear for most of the other Weather apps around here (if and when they even dare announcing their sources)
    So, my advice would be, rather than going straight against the "I-got-everything-including-radar-photos-music-and-coffee-also" competitors, just specialize on accuracy, multiplying the actual weather sources for instance.
    And have it known.
    I for one would definitely pay more than the average € for an app whose predictions would show accurate...
    Hi Herve!

Thanks for your suggestion - we will look into the possibility of using multiple sources to arrive at a higher accuracy.
    Herve5 likes this.
    01-28-13 01:34 AM
    Hi Everyone,

We just wanted to let you all know that we've updated Weather+ HD to v1.0.1.

This update includes a better and more precise location search. We've also made a few enhancements and some minor bug fixes.
    02-22-13 03:28 AM
    Hello Everyone,

We’re here with our very first app for the New Year! Presenting Weather+ HD – a super slick weather app for your BlackBerry PlayBook! Watch the weather come alive on your device with spectacular images which dynamically change to reflect real-time weather conditions.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	weather_playbook.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	62.2 KB 
ID:	131164

Name:	01.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	41.8 KB 
ID:	131165

Features:

View the current weather conditions including:

1. Today’s Minimum and Maximum temperature
    2. “Feels like” temperature
    3. Wind direction and speed
    4. Humidity details
    5. Air Pressure information
    6. Precipitation information (rain, snow, hail etc.)
    7. Visibility details

• Weather forecast of the next 4 days with Minimum and Maximum temperature.
    • A GPS tracker to identify your current location and display the current weather conditions there.
    • View weather conditions and forecasts for over 2 million cities from around the world.
    • Add up to any number of locations and track the weather conditions & forecasts of each of them.
    • Swipe the screen left or right to switch between chosen locations
    • Dynamic weather background with changing animations, to reflect real-time weather conditions and also day time / night time of any given location.
    • Textual display of weather conditions like Overcast, Icy fog, Light Sleet, Moderate Snow etc.
    • Displays current time and date of chosen locations
    • Hourly updates of both current weather conditions and forecasts.
    • Choose between metric or imperial units for the temperature and wind speed: Celsius/Fahrenheit and Miles/Kilometres
    • Choose between 12 hour or 24 hour time display

Name:	07.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	44.0 KB 
ID:	131166

Weather+ HD is priced at $1.99 and can be downloaded here.

We’d love for you guys to check it out and let us know what you think. Feel free to email us at bbsupport[at]xlabz[dot]com.
    I love the app I just want to put all of mine with the water coming on shore it is so cool and I don't know how to move it to all of my devices the phone has sunshine and I don't like it. Can U help please?
    03-15-14 02:24 AM