Weather+ HD - World Weather Reports & Forecasts for BlackBerry PlayBook
We’re here with our very first app for the New Year! Presenting Weather+ HD – a super slick weather app for your BlackBerry PlayBook! Watch the weather come alive on your device with spectacular images which dynamically change to reflect real-time weather conditions.
View the current weather conditions including:
1. Today’s Minimum and Maximum temperature
2. “Feels like” temperature
3. Wind direction and speed
4. Humidity details
5. Air Pressure information
6. Precipitation information (rain, snow, hail etc.)
7. Visibility details
- Weather forecast of the next 4 days with Minimum and Maximum temperature.
- A GPS tracker to identify your current location and display the current weather conditions there.
- View weather conditions and forecasts for over 2 million cities from around the world.
- Add up to any number of locations and track the weather conditions & forecasts of each of them.
- Swipe the screen left or right to switch between chosen locations
- Dynamic weather background with changing animations, to reflect real-time weather conditions and also day time / night time of any given location.
- Textual display of weather conditions like Overcast, Icy fog, Light Sleet, Moderate Snow etc.
- Displays current time and date of chosen locations
- Hourly updates of both current weather conditions and forecasts.
- Choose between metric or imperial units for the temperature and wind speed: Celsius/Fahrenheit and Miles/Kilometres
- Choose between 12 hour or 24 hour time display
Weather+ HD is priced at $1.99 and can be downloaded here.
We’d love for you guys to check it out and let us know what you think. Feel free to email us at bbsupport[at]xlabz[dot]com.
- 01-14-13, 07:48 AM #8
- CrackBerry Addict
01-25-13, 11:10 AM #16
- 572 Posts
At this moment, W-O predictions for negative temperatures are very bad in the Alps near my home, giving positive errors in the range of 6-8° which I consider dangerous (you expected -10°C, you get -18: your truck just fails --same unreliability for skiers for instance).
And, mind you, these issues also appear for most of the other Weather apps around here (if and when they even dare announcing their sources)
So, my advice would be, rather than going straight against the "I-got-everything-including-radar-photos-music-and-coffee-also" competitors, just specialize on accuracy, multiplying the actual weather sources for instance.
And have it known.
I for one would definitely pay more than the average € for an app whose predictions would show accurate...
Weather+ HD updated to v1.0.1!
We just wanted to let you all know that we've updated Weather+ HD to v1.0.1.
This update includes a better and more precise location search. We've also made a few enhancements and some minor bug fixes.
- By JPMorgan_ in forum PlayBook Apps & GamesReplies: 14Last Post: 05-24-13, 02:07 AM
- By mobile1up in forum PlayBook Apps & GamesReplies: 12Last Post: 07-29-12, 03:49 AM
- By tom rigs in forum PlayBook Apps & GamesReplies: 8Last Post: 04-07-12, 11:45 AM
- By espresso1967 in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 87Last Post: 01-31-12, 09:50 AM
- By espresso1967 in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 24Last Post: 03-22-11, 02:39 PM